Grocery Shopping list

Ok I have got to go grocery shopping today after work....

I wanted to see what is on your typical grocery shopping list to give me some ideas of things that I can add to mine...

Here is mine so far...

Smart Ones

Lean Cuisine

Low sugar Oatmeal

Crystal light on the go packs

Case of bottle water

Lettuce

Fat free Pringles

Lean pockets

Asparagus

Tilapia

I want to see how you guys shop so I can get some ideas and change things up a little..

Come on lets see those shopping list!

Here's what I think of off the top of my head:

string cheese - snack

beef jerkey - great high protein snack on the go

fresh spinach- this I eat almost every day with my tuna for lunch, drizzle light vinaigrette or spray dressing on it

tuna, I like the 3 oz pre-drained ready to go packs

tuna "lunch to go" packs

frozen baby shrimp

salmon

weight watchers latte "ice cream" bars only 100 calories and so fulfilling

Haagen Daz vanilla yogurt and raspberry sorbet frozen bars, also only 100 calories

Special K protein water and/ or packets to go

Benefiber

eggs to hard boil or scramble

Kraft light raspberry vinaigrette dressing

100 calorie snacks, there are so many now to choose from. I get a variety pack

wish bone salad spritzers, several flavors,all great

High protein drink and/or powder. I mix vanilla powder in with my oatmeal in the morning so you get the protein with the carb, much better to control blood sugars. I occasionally use a protein shake for a quick meal on the run if needed.

I'll add more as I think of it.

Special K protein meal bars

albacore white tuna

terriyaki beef jerkey (high in protein for snacks at work)

canned chicken breast

100 cal packs for snacking

100 cal fudgesicles for your choco cravings

fat free milk

Guest CaraMBA09
Special K protein meal bars

albacore white tuna

terriyaki beef jerkey (high in protein for snacks at work)

canned chicken breast

100 cal packs for snacking

100 cal fudgesicles for your choco cravings

fat free milk

KIM!

how the Heck do you eat beef jerky with a band? I would be chewing and chewing and chewing until saliva is dribbling down my chin...

C

my list looks like this

smart ones

lean cusines

canned string green beans/mushrooms ( I mix these with my lean cusines/ third of the cans.)

dryers fruit bars 30 calories

blue bunny frozen fudge bars, 30 calories

5 litre box of Peter Villa white zinfadel. :P (last 6-8 weeks)

KIM!

how the Heck do you eat beef jerky with a band? I would be chewing and chewing and chewing until saliva is dribbling down my chin...

C

LMAO! You know I am the Queen of PBing, but for some reason if I chew it up really good it really goes down well! It is one of my fave high protein snacks.

Kimmy you are my kind of girl!! I am all about some seafood! I had seafood stuffed mushrooms and boiled shrimp this past weekend... mmmm mmmm good!

shrimp

crab legs, seasoned and steamed

cream of crab soup

sugar free jello

sugar free popsicles

vegetable soup

cajun crab dip and mushroom caps (i stuff them with the crab dip and bake)

Ok I have got to go grocery shopping today after work....

I wanted to see what is on your typical grocery shopping list to give me some ideas of things that I can add to mine...

Here is mine so far...

Smart Ones

Lean Cuisine

Low sugar Oatmeal

Crystal light on the go packs

Case of bottle water

Lettuce

Fat free Pringles

Lean pockets

Asparagus

Tilapia

I want to see how you guys shop so I can get some ideas and change things up a little..

Come on lets see those shopping list!

You need more variety...I rarely eat processed meals. I buy filet minon, filet of sole, pork chops, chicken breasts. I heat up Uncle Ben's Rice (instant/pre-made microwave stuff), mashed potatoes, caesar salad mix (greens and fixings), hash browns, baked potatoes from M & Ms (or other meat market/food market).

I realize you are probably cooking just for yourself or your hubby right now, but I find pre-made meals have alot of salt which retains water and I am prone to water retention. Try making a meal from scratch, it tastes better and you will help you with the lifestyle change. You can't eat lean pockets forever sweetie!!!

Trina~

Do you have a Sam's card? If not let me know and one day I will come over and take you with me. I buy alot of my seafood there since it is fresh and wrapped individually. I buy Salmon and Flounder fillets and they are soooo good on the George Foreman grill. They have a huge bag of each for only $12. I also buy their frozen shrimp which are pre-breaded and they are to die for. They are the huge butterflied kind. You can eat 5 of them for 150 cals and 20 grams of protein. Yummy!

For those of us who don't cook and have problems with portion control, lean cuisines are fine. Just don't add any salt.

Kim I actually do have a Sam's card but I think its expired... I need to have it renewed so I can start shopping there again.. I am just scared that I will buy in bulk and it will go to waste before it gets eaten since its just me eating it ya know...

Sam's has alot of good stuff too! Those shrimp sound great! You know what I loved getting from Sam's.... The battered mushrooms! OMG those things are to die for but soooo NOT good for you!

Hello All...

I also buy...

BBQ Turkey Burgers

Veggie Burgers

Spinach

Oraganic soups low in sodium and Veggie Chilli (very filling)

Taboule

Brown rice crackers

Low Sodium Turkey (rolled up with some low fat cheese)

Cabot Low fat cheese

Bananas

Greek Yogurt (really thick...tastes like ice cream..but so good for you. live and active cultures)

Oatmeal

Fudgsicles

Drinkable Yogurt )Keifer is great, but Dannon also has a great strawberry one)

Benefiber chewables (a god send)

Cous cous

Fish ( cod, salmon...so easy to make in the oven on broil or bake. it takes maybe 5-7 each side depending on the thickness...tastes good alone or in some panko breadcrumbs)

The Zone Protein Bars; taste like candy bars...so good for you, great source of protein)

Kashi Go Lean frozen dinners (great source of whole grains / protein and low in sodium)

The fish is fine frozen and the packs are wrapped individually so you can just thaw out what you want and freeze the rest! Perfect!

The fish is fine frozen and the packs are wrapped individually so you can just thaw out what you want and freeze the rest! Perfect!

I buy the fish fillet's like that too. I like the salmon and cod. The salmon I grill or broil and the code I marinate for a couple minutes in lime juice, cilantro and hot sauce and then grill. Yummo.

As for my weekly shopping:

skinny cow

100 calorie yogurts all flavors

80 calorie cheese sticks

white albacore tuna fish

high fiber cereal

skim milk

eggs

turkey burgers

spicy black bean burgers

lean cuisines (variety)

chicken (I usually grill or broil)

Shrimp (boil, grill with a little old bay yummo)

sugar free lemonaid

My grocery list usually includes (minus the junk my hubby gets)

LOTS of boneless skinless chicken breasts

snapper

veggie burgers

red onion

spinach (frozen and baby spinach)

bananas

cantalope

balasmic vinegar (i use a lot of vinegar on my salad)

corn

broccoli (i eat steamed broccoli a lot)

sweet pots

slim fast optima (sometimes i have that as a mid morning "snack")

egg whites (i make egg white/spinach/onion/cheese cups on sunday-for breakfast thru the week)

skim-mozzerella cheese

water

crystal light

edys frozen yogurt (black cherry vanilla-its a lot creamier than ice cream- and only 100 cal's for a cup) yum