Protein bullets

I was thinking of getting some of these for after surgery, but in researching them, most of what I've read is that they taste like "mold"...or worse. What exactly are they anyway and are they similar to protein powder? Is there anything else to take that would be similar and not so horrendous? Do I need them? Do they help with hunger? Anything that anyone can tell me would be beneficial. Thanks so much...;)

Hey Vix:

I bought the ones Michelle had posted a picture of, there is a thread somewhere. I just googled "Profect, or Protica nutritional research is the company that makes them. These are 2.9 oz with 25 grams of protein. I got the assortments with 1 of each flavor. Granted they arn't something I would crave or anything but they were pallatable. For only 3 oz. you could drink it easily by itself and yes it kep0t me full. These worked right after my first fill. Yes they would also be great right after surgery too. I wasn't as informed then but wish I had them for that "healing" time. I know I did not get enough nutrition and felt like crap most of the time. Give'em a chance it's worth a try. I have heard o ones made by GNC but for some reason I chose these. I since have found 30 gram premade chocolate "Premier"protein shakes. They are great. I also have used "Max Muscle" protein powders with 20-35 grams of protein per scoop. They taste great mixed with 8 oz. of milk and even water is good. Hope this helps.

Thanks Julie! I am using the Dessert Leans that someone had recommended and they are pretty good, but I want to have something that I can get down easily and something that doesn't require me to "mix" since I sometimes am in places that I am not near a blender. Also, my knee surgery is 2 weeks after my band surgery and my husband will be out of town for a week only 4 days after that, so I am trying to make it easy on myself..;) I will have to definitely try the bullets if you say they aren't "moldy"...lol

I bought a couple of them and while they did keep me full, they were just so nasty! They are very sweet and thick. B)

;) i use the 42g protein bjullets from gnc..i drink the fruit punch one with crystal light fruit punch and you dont even taste the bullet..i drink half of it in the am and the other half in the pm, thats 42g of protein just in 2 of my water servings.
I was thinking of getting some of these for after surgery, but in researching them, most of what I've read is that they taste like "mold"...or worse. What exactly are they anyway and are they similar to protein powder? Is there anything else to take that would be similar and not so horrendous? Do I need them? Do they help with hunger? Anything that anyone can tell me would be beneficial. Thanks so much...;)