Gustav

People here are already panicking! The darn storm is not even in the Gulf yet. There is already a $50 limit on gas and people are lined up everywhere with cans filling up. I know it is post-Katrina panic since alot of people were not prepared for what she brought to our area. I really hope the storm goes elsewhere as there are still way too many people living in FEMA trailers.

And who can blame them? There are several Katrina refugees who have permenantly relocated to the Phoenix area. "No bugs, no hurricanes, no tornadoes, no humidity, no floods, no earthquakes, no nothin'" Takes a desert to make some of them feel safe again, I guess.

You have a lot of bravery and pluck. Hope the storm stays seaward.

Linda

Be safe Kim. When we were in Orlando during hurricane Charlie a few years ago, we saw the panic...the shelves were empty in the stores and line-ups everywhere. It's human nature.

It is like that over here in DeRidder, LA. I am about 45 miles north of Lake Charles and we got hit by Hurricane Rita. Everyone here is panicking. There was no water left at Walmart this evening and every gas station is full.

I'm flying out to Miami Saturday to go on a Western Caribbean Cruise; hopefully this will just go down to a tropical storm by them. They say it’s going to miss us, but I just hate the thought of it hitting anyone.

I hope the best for everyone, we have to deal with earthquakes in the Pacific Northwest, and hurricanes are something that we don’t have a very good concept of.

Be careful everyone and try to keep in touch so we don't worry!

Lisa

Hey fellow Louisianians.....I feel you down here in Oakdale...The madness has already started....I guess this evening I need to start feeling up gas cans and getting items at the store(if anything is left)....We were looking for a hotel room to reserve incase the worst, because after Rita we didn't have electricity for 5 days, I can handle 2 maybe even 3, but won't do the 5 again, but anyway the closest available hotel room was up in Tyler, TX....How crazy is that!! But anyway, Good luck Kim and Goofy!!We will all be okay, I Pray for the New Orleans people, because that is where Noaa is showing its going to make landfall!! :o

Be safe Kim. When we were in Orlando during hurricane Charlie a few years ago, we saw the panic...the shelves were empty in the stores and line-ups everywhere. It's human nature.

I lived on Sanibel during Charley. Our house was damaged pretty severely. Luckily, with Charley it was a small hurricane in terms of square miles. I just pray it fizzle out and doesn't hit anyone. Having lived in Florida my whole life, I have lived through many hurricanes but they are just not fun to deal with. I will keep everyone in my prayers!