OCTOBER SURGERIES AND FILLS

In the Midwest you can tell autum is coming. The trees are turning color, the squirrels are busy hiding nuts and Halloween is around the corner. Bandsters coming to the OCC for their band adjustments and new patients that have scheduled the life changing lap band surgery, the Forum is the place to hook up and meet your new friends. Lets hear it from all the bandsters that are coming to the OCC in October.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an October gal....yea! I will be headed down on Thursday the 23rd and having my procedure on Friday the 24. My mom is coming with for support and has already been scoping out where she will be shopping.

It's gonna be here before I know it. I already scheduled my first fill too - the only place in the area I can go was booked until the first week in December, so I went ahead and got myself on the books now. Can't afford flights to go all the way back for fills.

I have to lose a certain amount before I get there, so my pre-pre op diet starts on Tuesday. Woo hoo! :)

Hope you all have a great long weekend!!!

Greetings all,

I am flying in on October 19th for surgery on the 20th! WOO HOO! I am so excited. I will be in Europe for 2 weeks prior to the surgery, so I will have to do my pre-op diet the week when I get back pior to surgery. That won't be fun! But it will be worth it. One of my very best friends is going with me for support, so that will be nice.

ME...ME...I am coming in on October 21, surgery on the 22. I will look for you Shelby on the the 23/24. I am getting excited and I am starting to lose some weight. Hopefully i will lose more that just the 5%. I am trying to eat now, as I think I will when I have the band. I having taken out most of my snacking..and that really seems to help. My mom and I have already booked the flights. I can't believe it is just around the corner!!

Definitely look for me! I started my pre-pre op diet today and so far it hasn't been too bad! I am doing protein shakes for breakfast and lunch then having whatever I want for dinner, but that is not a free pass to eat everything in sight! In moderation on the dinner, but not just lean cuizine or WW meals. I still want to hit a few places for my last hoorah before the real pre op diet starts.

I bet as Sept gets rolling we see a lot more folks with Oct appts. I had to schedule mine way in advance b/c that was the first time I could take time off work. But it will be here before we know it! Yea!

Shelby

I'm scheduled to arrive from Atlanta a little after 12:30pm in San Diego on the 6th to have surgery on the 7th but I am going to be ready to go on the 6th just in case they have time in the afternoon ;);) I have lost 15lbs so far and want to get another 15 off before surgery. Hope to see some of you there

Christine

I'm scheduled to arrive from Atlanta a little after 12:30pm in San Diego on the 6th to have surgery on the 7th but I am going to be ready to go on the 6th just in case they have time in the afternoon ;);) I have lost 15lbs so far and want to get another 15 off before surgery. Hope to see some of you there

Christine

You better be ready, I got a call the day before my flight that I would fly into san diego and go directly to theclinic for the surgery. :mellow: I flew in at 12:40 and I was out of surgery before 5. I was kinda looking forward to an authentic mexican taco, bummer. But it gave me a few more days to recover though. good luck, I need to schedule my first fill somewhere in October so maybe I will see some of you there.

Greetings all,

I am flying in on October 19th for surgery on the 20th! WOO HOO! I am so excited. I will be in Europe for 2 weeks prior to the surgery, so I will have to do my pre-op diet the week when I get back pior to surgery. That won't be fun! But it will be worth it. One of my very best friends is going with me for support, so that will be nice.

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery and a wonderful vacation prior to that. Just wanted to throw something out there for you to consider. If it were me I would start my pre-op diet before your trip to Europe,like as soon as tomorrow. If you can lose as much weight as you can before your trip it will take the pressure off the week before. You won't have to starve yourself to lose weight. Now maybe you don't have much to lose or have no need for the pre-op diet as some don't based on your BMI. If this is the case no worries just do as they have recommended. However if this is not the case I strongly encourage you to start asap with changing your eating habits, cutting out whatever your "bad" things are, stopping any soda pop and start drinking LOTS of water. I would encourage you to do the 2 shakes a day and the frozen dinners as well. The sooner you lose the weight required the easier it will be on you mentally. Just a though for you to consider.

Good luck and have a great trip!!

Hello!

I'm Jessica from Utah and I'm scheduled to be banded on October 10th by Dr. Ortiz. I'm beyond excited and have already started my pre-op diet. I can't say it's the most fun I've ever had, but this is important and I'm so ready.

My boys just started school and my husband just had his tonsils out so there's been lots of craziness around my house.

Looking forward to talking with more October bandsters!!

Jessica

Hi Jessica, I am Liza from New York. I too am scheduled for surgery on the 10th. I fly in on the 8th with my mother in the evening so we booked the hotel for an extra night. I wanted to get some shopping in! I love to shop :rolleyes: I have a feeling that from what others have said I could be pushed up to the 9th. Either way I will keep an I out for you.

Hi I'm flying in 10/23, I'm meeting my sister at the airport in CA (she will not let me go by myself :P ). Surgery on the 24th, excited!! I haven't told anyone else besides my sister and husband yet.

This is my first post and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hi I'm flying in 10/23, I'm meeting my sister at the airport in CA (she will not let me go by myself :P ). Surgery on the 24th, excited!! I haven't told anyone else besides my sister and husband yet.

This is my first post and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Yea you are the same day as me!! I've told very few people as well. I have 3 other people I am definitely telling (have only told one friend and the parents so far) but there just hasn't been a good moment to bring it up yet. But I have time.

I'm excited to hear about all the October folks! It is gonna be tough navigating through the holidays, but I know we can do it!

Welcome to the group!!!! You will get a lot of great ideas/advice here.

Shelby

Hi! I'm so glad to hear from u! I am not familiar w/ this forum chatting yet so bare with me! I'm worried about the holidays too,, but my biggest problem at the moment is thinking that I better eat ____ fill in the blank cuz I won't be able to have it again! I am more food focused than ever,,,, grrrr!! <_< I enjoy reading about everyone elses experience, it helps a lot. sue

Hi! I'm so glad to hear from u! I am not familiar w/ this forum chatting yet so bare with me! I'm worried about the holidays too,, but my biggest problem at the moment is thinking that I better eat ____ fill in the blank cuz I won't be able to have it again! I am more food focused than ever,,,, grrrr!! <_< I enjoy reading about everyone elses experience, it helps a lot. sue

Yeah, i've been doing the same thing but i've been telling myself not to go nuts on it. I have to lose a certain amount before I go so I don't want to put more work on myself. So i've been hitting my favorite places, but trying not to eat everything in site!

I haven't been on here for too terribly long, but you figure it out eventually. Everyone on here is great and is a big help. I had some fears before but now i'm just ready to go!!!! :)

Hi there, my name is Caz and I am from the UK and have my surgery scheduled on the NHS for 14th October. I have found sites like this so important in helping me making this huge step and I am so ready to get this weight off.

I currently weigh 310lbs, so have a long way to go but who said want you want is easy....

I hope to get to know a lot more of you and share the UK experience.

:D

Hi there, my name is Caz and I am from the UK and have my surgery scheduled on the NHS for 14th October. I have found sites like this so important in helping me making this huge step and I am so ready to get this weight off.

I currently weigh 310lbs, so have a long way to go but who said want you want is easy....

I hope to get to know a lot more of you and share the UK experience.

:D

WELCOME! I'm new too and I agree with you, it is awesome to be able to hear from real people going through the same things! You will be getting banded 10 days before me, have you started your pre-diet yet?

Your the first person I've ever met from the UK,, how cool is that! I live on a dairy farm in Minnesota with my family,, I also work in Human Resources at a large medical facility-

It will be a long road,, but I keep thinking it's better than the alternatives!

Good luck,,,Sue

Yeah, i've been doing the same thing but i've been telling myself not to go nuts on it. I have to lose a certain amount before I go so I don't want to put more work on myself. So i've been hitting my favorite places, but trying not to eat everything in site!

I haven't been on here for too terribly long, but you figure it out eventually. Everyone on here is great and is a big help. I had some fears before but now i'm just ready to go!!!! :)

[/quote

Thanks! I don't want to make it harder for myself either,, I have done so many diets only to gain it all back,, I really want to achieve consistancy with my eating for once in my life.

I had a question about coffee, I've read 2 different things, one said it was OK and it was the carbonated beverages you have to stay away from but I've also read no caffiene?? what have you heard?

Hello everyone, :P

pre-op diet is slowly working. Started going to the gym for alittle excersize to help move it along. I came home and was starving! I tried no to eat everything in site but it was hard. My two year old eats half of everything and guess where the other half goes! Ok I'll try harder next time. Anyone having surgery around the 3rd?

I had a question about coffee, I've read 2 different things, one said it was OK and it was the carbonated beverages you have to stay away from but I've also read no caffiene?? what have you heard?

I am not a coffee drinker but I havn't read anything here that says you can't have it post band. You are right about the carbonated drinks and beer though, they are a NO NO.