OCTOBER SURGERIES AND FILLS

My sister and I are schedule to have surgery on OCtober 24.....anyone else on that day? I planned on starting the Pre-op diet on Oct. 5th....19 days before surgery. Should we start the pre-op earlier? What do you all think? ;)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister and I are schedule to have surgery on OCtober 24.....anyone else on that day? I planned on starting the Pre-op diet on Oct. 5th....19 days before surgery. Should we start the pre-op earlier? What do you all think? ;)

I'm having my surgery that day....yea!!! I'll see you all then!!!! We are heading down Wed and staying at another hotel for a day first and then coming back home on Sunday.

I say it's never too early to start. I have to lose around 10 lbs before so I have been doing shakes for breakfast and lunch already. I only lost three so far, but I had a bit of a setback on my birthday weekend! But i'm back on track now. I'm going full on the pre op diet on the 10th. I just emailed Dr. Miranda today to see exactly what I need to be doing.

I can't believe it is finally here - OUR month! :) It will be here before we know it!!!!!

Shelby

Guys you won't be sorry, OCC is very professional. CLEAN AS A WHISTLE. My mom went with me and she was a hospital janitor for several years in Puerto Rico, she gives OCC a A++++++++++ for profesionalism and cleannes! I had surgery with Dr. Martinez. He is really a sweet heart!

Hello to all you seasoned and not so seasoned banders! I am scheduled for surgery with Dr. Ortiz on Oct 23, and I am so excited. I plan on starting my pre-op diet on the 10th so wish me luck

Hi! B)

I'll be having my surgery on the 24th too, I'm flying down with my sister as well. She is not getting banded but is watching closely how it goes ;) ;) good luck.. I can't believe how fast this month is going! we'll be there before you know it!

Well, golly gee whiz! I guess I am the only one who is having their surgery this coming Thur, Oct 9! I'll be coming in on Wed, Oct 8 for the pre-op from San Diego, where I live. So, if there are anyone of youse going to be there, let me know so I can give you all a HUG support! I can't wait for this magical day to start my dream to come true!!

Jude =)

I too am coming i on wednesday at 5;30 from New York. I am scheduled for surgery on friday but am wondering if I will be pushed up to Thursday. My mother and I were hoping to get a day of shopping in..we will see. I'm so excited. I hve been a nervous wreck for about three days now. This will be the first time I've ever been away from my husband. I also have a threee year old that I am completely crazy about. The only time I was a way from her was when she spent 54 days in the Neonatal Intensive care Unit when she was born. This will be hard but I,m sure well worth it.

Our flight gets in at 6:15 on Wednesday night we are flying American. My mom and I are staying at another hotel Wed night and then heading over to the Lucerna for the rest. We go back on Sunday morning. That would be fine with me if they ask me to go ahead and have surgery on Thursday. That would be one more day i'm there after surgery which makes me feel better since when I go home i'm basically on my own.

I can't wait! I still can't believe it is almost here! I feel like i've been waiting forever!

Our flight gets in at 6:15 on Wednesday night we are flying American. My mom and I are staying at another hotel Wed night and then heading over to the Lucerna for the rest. We go back on Sunday morning. That would be fine with me if they ask me to go ahead and have surgery on Thursday. That would be one more day i'm there after surgery which makes me feel better since when I go home i'm basically on my own.

I can't wait! I still can't believe it is almost here! I feel like i've been waiting forever!

I am going in for surgery on Thursday 23rd hope to see you there!

I am arriving on the 21st, with surgery for the 22 and home on the 24th. So hopefully I will see you girls around. I started the 12 day diet today, we have our Thanksgiving coming up this weekend, and I won't go over board, I do want some turkey! I can't believe it is only two weeks away! Where did September go!!

Yea! I'll definitely be there on Thursday they said for tests and what not so i'm sure we will see each other. I can't wait!!!

I've started the diet but am having a REALLY hard time after work,, it makes me nervous how hard it is, I wonder if I'll be able to do it once the band is in place~

I'm also having a harder time sleeping the closer it gets,,, am I the only one this anxious??!! :o

I've started the diet but am having a REALLY hard time after work,, it makes me nervous how hard it is, I wonder if I'll be able to do it once the band is in place~

I'm also having a harder time sleeping the closer it gets,,, am I the only one this anxious??!! :o

Hi Sue,

You are not the only one. I started my pre-op yesterday too, and had a minor freak out. I think I am just having a hard time before, because I know I could go out and binge eat right now, and there won't be any consequences. Where as after there is an immidate reaction. I think I am having a hard time too. But we have to look at the bigger picture...a year down the road, we can go and shop where ever we like, and all the extra energy to do stuff. That is what I am looking forward too. Being able to run and play with my niece and nephew and not get winded after 30 minutes.

Everyone here on the forum are super nice, and willing to listen to us newbies...as they have been thru it and survived...so we will too!! Deep breaths...and away we go on our new advendture! That is what a friend told me yesterday!

Feel free to email me if you want to chat...we can compare our hard times and work thru it together! :D

Joanne

THANKS Joanne! I felt better just reading your post!

it's funny how sometimes you'll be cruising along just fine thinking ,,, hey no problem ... I got this,,, then BAM!! you are filled with self doubt~!

I know that I am making the right choice 94% of the time,,,,I just have to pull it together the other 6% :D

I like the new adventure idea, it truly is going to be a wild ride.

and it's true about the the people here, there is always someone who has been there too.

I have started drinking the protein water in the late afternoon and that really does take the edge off! try it it works! ;)

sue

Greetings all,

I am flying in on October 19th for surgery on the 20th! WOO HOO! I am so excited. I will be in Europe for 2 weeks prior to the surgery, so I will have to do my pre-op diet the week when I get back pior to surgery. That won't be fun! But it will be worth it. One of my very best friends is going with me for support, so that will be nice.

afterwannabe, I am flying in on Oct. 19th also for surgery on Oct. 20th. I started the pre-op on today and it was a little rough. Look forward to meeting you.

Yea 24th!!!!!! :)

And i'm with you all I am nervous and anxious as all get up! I've been getting all my emails about when are where to be and it is really sinking in! I start my preop on Saturday and so I only have tomorrow for my last suppers! :)

I am being banded ion the 24th of October! :D

I leave for San Diego a week from tomorrow....woo wooot!!!! Its gonna be here so fast! I leave for a conference tomorrow and don't get back until Sunday, so this is really gonna fly by. I'm really nervous trying to do pre op while out of town, but i have a cooler ready to take to the hotel for my breakfast and lunches. Dinner i'll try to make really good choices and hope for the best.

Can't wait to meet everyone that will be there at the end of next week!!!!!!

As my first post to the board (been lurking for weeks), I'd like to announce I'll be coming down to OCC on October 16th for surgury on the 17th. Any other guys heading down for surgury that weekend?

Taz

Hello,

I too am having my surgery on Friday, October 17th. I'm driving down from Orange County, CA on Thursday night. I'm coming down alone so hopefully we can chat on Saturday after our surgery. I haven't told anyone but my 11 year old son I'm having the surgery. I'll let them think I'm still on Opitfast since they see me drinking the shakes for meals. Maybe with time I'll share, but not right now.

See you on Friday...

Lety :D

Although I am not a guy, I will be flying in on the 16th with surgery the 17th! See you there!

Hi, I'm having my surgery on Friday, Oct 17, 2008 too. I'm driving down from Orange County, CA alone so hopefully I can chat with you all on Saturday at the hotel during recovery. I'm so exicited!

Lety

I was just wondering how everyone is doing on their pre-opt diets. I am starving!!! I think it is because I have been running at night, I usually run anywhere from 1 to 3 miles.

Hi Joy,

When I was on my preop diet, I had use Metamucil capsules that Dr. Miranda had us on. Have you taken these? It sure curbed my hunger pains for sure! I took one at 10am and then one at 3pm...

I had my surgery last week, and just finished yesterday on my 'clear liquid' stage, and today is my first day on 'creamy soups'! Woo hoo!. I am progression up! LOL

Hope to hear about your surgery afterwards...congrats on your decision to be banded - you won't regreat this!! :D

Jude =)