OCTOBER SURGERIES AND FILLS

Hi Joy,

When I was on my preop diet, I had use Metamucil capsules that Dr. Miranda had us on. Have you taken these? It sure curbed my hunger pains for sure! I took one at 10am and then one at 3pm...

I had my surgery last week, and just finished yesterday on my 'clear liquid' stage, and today is my first day on 'creamy soups'! Woo hoo!. I am progression up! LOL

Hope to hear about your surgery afterwards...congrats on your decision to be banded - you won't regreat this!! :D

Jude =)

Jazzy,

Thanks, I will for sure try the Metamucil and see if that helps. I will keep you updated after surgery. I'm glad to hear you are doing well, it gives me hope!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the 5 sleeps, that is how my 3 year old tells time. I did much better today i'm not as starving.

I love the 5 sleeps, that is how my 3 year old tells time. I did much better today i'm not as starving.

I have to make it fun!! Otherwise I will get too nervous. I am glad you are not starving. I still get the hunger pains, and I found I have to eat the meal at lunch with a shake for breakfast and supper. Otherwise I really freak out.

I might try that because i seem to be really hunger between 2 and 3 if i can keep myself busy through that time i do really well. It's just a hard time because that is when my kids get home from school and they are ready for an after school snack, so i am in the kitchen. See you next week!!

I just got back from my conference and it was soooo hard to stay on track! When i'm home and in routine i'm fine but I unfortunately slipped up a couple times this week. But i'm back on track now until I go to OCC!!!! I still can't believe I leave on Wednesday - it's finally here!!! Hopefully i'll have lost enough weight - it didn't come off as fast as id like, but I have lost some. I'll weigh in tomorrow.

Ok so I can’t believe I leave for the occ tomorrow. I am scared out of my mind!! Chicken broth here I come.

Woo Hoo me too!!!!! I don't have my tests until Thurs, but we are heading down a day early to relax. They told me they might ask me to go ahead and do my surgery on Thursday instead which would be fine with me. One day earlier to start and finish my 21 days!!!!!

Can't wait to meet you all that will be there this week!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!

Ok so I can’t believe I leave for the occ tomorrow. I am scared out of my mind!! Chicken broth here I come.

Well, it is the morning of the 22, I am in the lobby waiting for my mom to have some breakfast, and the shuttle should be here in 20 minutes. My only complaint so far...the hotel only has feather pillows and I am allergic!! So my first purchase in Mexico...a pillow!! Tee hee...i guess if that is the worst thing...I will take it. The hotel and staff are great. And the staff at OCC was so nice yesterday. I lost 18 pounds by my scale (16 by Dr. Miranda's) So I did really well...Lap-Band world here i came!!!

See you all on the other side!! :D

I had a question about coffee, I've read 2 different things, one said it was OK and it was the carbonated beverages you have to stay away from but I've also read no caffiene?? what have you heard?

I am not a coffee drinker but I havn't read anything here that says you can't have it post band. You are right about the carbonated drinks and beer though, they are a NO NO.

Straight from the nutritionist's mouth, "No, don't quit caffeine right now, if you've been drinking a lot of caffeine, you don't need to deal with migraines right now."

That being said, I had maybe two cups of coffee since my surgery, and I haven't had any caffeine since....no headaches...(don't know if that's from being knocked out or the Supradol.)

Banded on October 17th, still slowly loosing weight....hating the liquid diet, can't wait to eat again. Strangely enough, as I watch my co-workers eat pizza, burgers and fries....what I am really looking forward to is a salad loaded with yummy fresh veggies :) Can't wait to reach my goal, my husband says that by next summer I should have lost enough weight to buy all new summer clothes....wow, I am so excited!!! (He was banded in Feb 2008 and has lost about 70lbs and feels great!)

Something I remember either reading or one of the doctors saying something like ...After the surgery, you will not be physically hungry, but you will still have emotional hunger....isn't that the truth! The worst is watching TV at night, I find myself having the urge to snack, but then I realize that I am not even hungry - its just habit.

Anyways - Good luck everybody :)