NOVEMBER SURGERIES AND FILLS

Thank God, Halloween should be behind us,, I just love those little bite size Snickers candy bars. Throw them in the freezer and OMG,, They're yummy! LOL. As you know,, November is the beginning of the fattening season, you all know what I'm talking about. We know your serious when you become a bandster or get an adjustment at the beginning of winter food fest. Hmmm, maybe that's where the saying of going "Cold Turkey" came from?? OK, Bandsters and Wannabe Bandsters, If your coming to the OCC for either your surgery or a fill, this is a good place to meet new friends. So, lets hear from you guys and girls coming to the OCC in November.

Hi,

I am also scheduled in Nov. I am new here and would love to hear everyones experiences advice etc...

I am scheduled on Nov 5th- I am excited and a little scared. There is so much info and I have so many questions.

I have two small children and I will be quite busy when I return home. How sore are you?

I was also wondering if anyone else was having problems when telling family that you chose Mexico? I am confident with my decision, but I sure have to do alot of explaining- so I stopped telling ANYONE.

Can anyone give me more info on the Pre-op diet? I am just in the process of getting all paperwork in and know very little about that part.

Also the smoking!!! It says you have to stop two weeks prior....any helpful hints or advice

:wacko:

Hi,

I am also scheduled in Nov. I am new here and would love to hear everyones experiences advice etc...

I am scheduled on Nov 5th- I am excited and a little scared. There is so much info and I have so many questions.

I have two small children and I will be quite busy when I return home. How sore are you?

I was also wondering if anyone else was having problems when telling family that you chose Mexico? I am confident with my decision, but I sure have to do alot of explaining- so I stopped telling ANYONE.

Can anyone give me more info on the Pre-op diet? I am just in the process of getting all paperwork in and know very little about that part.

Also the smoking!!! It says you have to stop two weeks prior....any helpful hints or advice

I took Champix/Chantix to quit smoking, I'm almost eight months smoke free now. I've definitely gotten some looks and some negative reactions when I've told people I'm going to Mexico, but I've armed myself with a whole lot of knowledge, so when they start swinging, I swing right back. And then remind them that it is MY personal choice.

I'll see you there on Nov 5th!

Guest CaraMBA09
I took Champix/Chantix to quit smoking, I'm almost eight months smoke free now. I've definitely gotten some looks and some negative reactions when I've told people I'm going to Mexico, but I've armed myself with a whole lot of knowledge, so when they start swinging, I swing right back. And then remind them that it is MY personal choice.

I'll see you there on Nov 5th!

I am tentatively planning my first fill on November 6th (fly in wednesday the 5th) and stay until the 7th!

I plan on going into the holiday season winning this battle for a change. Every holiday I gain at least 8 lbs and then spend the next 6 weeks struggling to get if off. NO MORE!

Dolittle, you are so funny! what is it about a candy bar frozen that is SO good? my fav is the pepermint Girl Scout cookies kept in the freezer

c

I'm a Nov. fill and am looking forward to it. I'll probably go Nov. 3, get my fill and return the next day to Vancouver. We're in the process of selling our home and moving and don't want to be away for too long. Am looking forward to eating smaller amounts and more variety. Have lost some good weight but am at a plateau right now. One day I'm 156, then 157 and then back to 156. This yo-yo stuff is annoying but I've been told that this is when we take off inches. Can't get impatient!

I made my appointment today. I am scheduled for Nov. 20th. I just printed off the health forms and my stomach is in a knot. I flip-flop between being happy and being terrified. :lb12:

I will be getting my procedure done on the 20th as well....Hopefully my wife Melanie and I will meet you at the Hotel and wish you great success in person....I'm alittle worried as well, but this weight has to come off!!!Doug

I will be getting my procedure done on the 20th as well....Hopefully my wife Melanie and I will meet you at the Hotel and wish you great success in person....I'm alittle worried as well, but this weight has to come off!!!Doug

I am so excited to meet someone that will be there the same time I will. My husband plans to have the surgery in April. I can't talk him into doing it the same time as me. He wants me to be the guinea pig.

Are you and your wife coming in on the 19th? My husband and I are flying to San Diego on the 15th, renting a car, and driving to Anaheim to stay a few nights at The Grand Californian and go to Disneyland before the sugery. I intend to do my pre-op tests on the 19th.

Good luck to you and we will all probably cross paths at some time on the 20th.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CaraMBA09
Thank God, Halloween should be behind us,, I just love those little bite size Snickers candy bars. Throw them in the freezer and OMG,, They're yummy! LOL. As you know,, November is the beginning of the fattening season, you all know what I'm talking about. We know your serious when you become a bandster or get an adjustment at the beginning of winter food fest. Hmmm, maybe that's where the saying of going "Cold Turkey" came from?? OK, Bandsters and Wannabe Bandsters, If your coming to the OCC for either your surgery or a fill, this is a good place to meet new friends. So, lets hear from you guys and girls coming to the OCC in November.

I am looking at buying tickets from November 6th - (return) November 8th

anyone going to be there? I am heading down for my first fill (traveling alone) and would love to have either a shopping buddy or to visit with

Hi,

I am scheduled for November 5th as well and am sharing your fear! I also have a 3 year old to return home to and am a very busy working Mom.

I have decided not to tell anyone that I am going to Mexico for surgery as I don't need any negative feedback right now.

Right now I'm nervous about the 7 day liquid diet- my problem has always been that I can't stick with anything for more than a couple of days!

I feel I'm motivated now though!

Guest CaraMBA09
I am scheduled for November 5th as well and am sharing your fear! I also have a 3 year old to return home to and am a very busy working Mom.

I have decided not to tell anyone that I am going to Mexico for surgery as I don't need any negative feedback right now.

Right now I'm nervous about the 7 day liquid diet- my problem has always been that I can't stick with anything for more than a couple of days!

I feel I'm motivated now though!

Congrats on setting the date! This is an awesome journey. I should see you there as I arrive the night of the 6th. I can visit with you and tell you some of the stuff I have gone through. The liquid diet is imperative to stick to! and to be honest, that is all you will be able to handle anyways. YOu do not want to slip your band.

I have only told 2 of my closest friends at work. Most people are very ignorant about this procedure and then when you mention Mexico...OY, yoyo...I had to rip my step-sister a new one.

c

Congrats on setting the date! This is an awesome journey. I should see you there as I arrive the night of the 6th. I can visit with you and tell you some of the stuff I have gone through. The liquid diet is imperative to stick to! and to be honest, that is all you will be able to handle anyways. YOu do not want to slip your band.

I have only told 2 of my closest friends at work. Most people are very ignorant about this procedure and then when you mention Mexico...OY, yoyo...I had to rip my step-sister a new one.

c

Thanks! I would love to get together and chat about your experience so far!

I agree, I’ve only told my husband and my best friend and it took a little time to convince them.

Guest CaraMBA09
Thanks! I would love to get together and chat about your experience so far!

I agree, I’ve only told my husband and my best friend and it took a little time to convince them.

Thankfully, my husband was on board immediately...he has seen me struggle for years with battling the weight. I will see you soon!

I am so excited to meet someone that will be there the same time I will. My husband plans to have the surgery in April. I can't talk him into doing it the same time as me. He wants me to be the guinea pig.

Are you and your wife coming in on the 19th? My husband and I are flying to San Diego on the 15th, renting a car, and driving to Anaheim to stay a few nights at The Grand Californian and go to Disneyland before the sugery. I intend to do my pre-op tests on the 19th.

Good luck to you and we will all probably cross paths at some time on the 20th.

Hi Kim,

My wife Melanie and I will be driving in from Mesa on the 19th...should arrive around 2pm....hope to meet you and your husband...Doug and Melanie

Hi!

I am new here and I am having surgery on November 14th with Dr. Martinez. I have been looking around and everyones pictures before and after are SO AMAZING. It is hard to wrap my brain around the fact that I could post some of the very same pictures! I am so ready for this journey to start!

Hi!

I am new here and I am having surgery on November 14th with Dr. Martinez. I have been looking around and everyones pictures before and after are SO AMAZING. It is hard to wrap my brain around the fact that I could post some of the very same pictures! I am so ready for this journey to start!

YAY for you! Take this valuable lead time you have to orient yourself to what you're getting into and what to expect. Your headspace will be 60% of your journey! Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jann

I'm scheduled for surgery on November 27, 2008...Thanksgiving Day. It's pretty symbolic for me as Thanksgiving is always just an excuse to eat for the next month!

So for this New Year, I will for the first time in years be sticking to my New Years Resolution!

I just scheduled today. I got approved for my financing earlier in the week, I'm going to send in my $500 deposit to Dr. Ortiz tomorrow, and I'm all set!!!!

My husband is being super supportive and I am happy for that. We are planning to get pregnant by the end of next year, so this is a way for me to get healthy and stay healthy as a new mom.

Well, I guess I'll be a regular here now. I wish my surgery was tomorrow!!!!

Cindy

I'm scheduled for surgery on November 27, 2008...Thanksgiving Day. It's pretty symbolic for me as Thanksgiving is always just an excuse to eat for the next month!

So for this New Year, I will for the first time in years be sticking to my New Years Resolution!

I just scheduled today. I got approved for my financing earlier in the week, I'm going to send in my $500 deposit to Dr. Ortiz tomorrow, and I'm all set!!!!

My husband is being super supportive and I am happy for that. We are planning to get pregnant by the end of next year, so this is a way for me to get healthy and stay healthy as a new mom.

Well, I guess I'll be a regular here now. I wish my surgery was tomorrow!!!!

Cindy

Welcome Cindy! Congratulations, I'm excited for you! November 27th is my sister's birthday, YAY!

Jann

Welcome Cindy! Congratulations, I'm excited for you! November 27th is my sister's birthday, YAY!

Jann

Thanks Cindy and by the way your look AWESOME!!!!...I am very excited and have been researching for about three months now. I have learned so much already but so much more I have no clue about. I have a friend who had bypass and she said the same thing about the head game. She said she morned food....I have to stick this out, no turning back now!

Thanks again!

I'm a Novemberer. I arrive in San Diego on Nov 1st, then spend a couple of days there before heading to Tijuana on Nov 4th and my surgery is scheduled for Nov 5th. I'm so freaking excited!!!

Hi,

I'm getting banded on November 4. Like you, I am so freaking excited!! Very few people know what I'm going to do, and that's how I want it. I'm going by myself, and that's the way I want it. I start the pre-op diet tomorrow.

c

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and am going to have the surgery Nov. 4. I am excited beyond words. I'm not fearful at all. I'm going by myself, and that's just the way I want it. Only my closest friends know. I want support, not judgment. My success will speak volumes about my choice, as I see it. I have asked those few that I've confided in to keep it under their hats. I'll be more than happy to tell any- and everyone all about it after I've been through it.

I start my pre-op diet tomorrow. I'm worried about headaches.

Yay for all of us!

Hi,

I'm getting banded on November 4. Like you, I am so freaking excited!! Very few people know what I'm going to do, and that's how I want it. I'm going by myself, and that's the way I want it. I start the pre-op diet tomorrow.

Awesome! I do my pre-op testing on the 4th so I'll see you down there hopefully! Good luck with the pre-op diet, I'm starting mine tomorrow and I just paid off the balance owing for my surgery today, so now I'm getting antsy. Two weeks to go!!

I'm a Novemberer. I arrive in San Diego on Nov 1st, then spend a couple of days there before heading to Tijuana on Nov 4th and my surgery is scheduled for Nov 5th. I'm so freaking excited!!!

Hi Tristessa,

I'm getting banded one day before you. On Nov. 4. I'm excited too and not at all fearful of the procedure. I don't know about you, but I'm so freaking hungry. I'm following the pre-op diet and could eat a house right now. Anyway, maybe we'll run into each other down there. If not, best of luck to you!