NOVEMBER SURGERIES AND FILLS

[Hi Everyone! I am going for my first fill on Sat, Nov 22! This is exciting for me and quite an adventure I must say!

All you newbies who are getting banded soon ~ you will NOT regret this decision! Having the band is great and what a tool it is!! My outlook on foods and drinks have change all for the better. My hair and skin glows! My inner side is happy, which makes me smile more often, and love the way people are asking me why...for me to know now, them later! hehehehe I LOVE MY BAND!

I will be getting my procedure done on the 20th as well....Hopefully my wife Melanie and I will meet you at the Hotel and wish you great success in person....I'm alittle worried as well, but this weight has to come off!!!Doug

HI I AM ALSO A NOV 20. AND CAN NOT WAIT TO START THIS JOURNEY TO BETTER HEALTH, HOPEFULLY WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER OVER THE NEXT FEW MONTHS. SEE YOU THERE!!! WEW A LITTLE NERVOUS!!!!! JANINE

Hi,

I am also scheduled in Nov. I am new here and would love to hear everyones experiences advice etc...

I am scheduled on Nov 5th- I am excited and a little scared. There is so much info and I have so many questions.

I have two small children and I will be quite busy when I return home. How sore are you?

I was also wondering if anyone else was having problems when telling family that you chose Mexico? I am confident with my decision, but I sure have to do alot of explaining- so I stopped telling ANYONE.

Can anyone give me more info on the Pre-op diet? I am just in the process of getting all paperwork in and know very little about that part.

Also the smoking!!! It says you have to stop two weeks prior....any helpful hints or advice

:wacko:

Hello, No need to worry about being sore as two of us went shopping the next day!! And about telling people about Mexico, I did not. Nobody's business at all. I am one of those people who will not eat anything that expires in the same month but all my research led me to Dr O. Ultra professional, clean and very compassionate. I live in Florida and it sure beats anything here. The clinic and doctors are golden. I cannot help you with the smoking but good luck with that. As far as the liquid diet, I believe that the more you loose prior the better the banding will be. Less fat around the liver and less in your stomach and less likely to be sick after. I wanted everything to be just right so I was the best pre bandster ever! Good luck and visit the forum daily for your dose of courage!

Hi!

I am new here and I am having surgery on November 14th with Dr. Martinez. I have been looking around and everyones pictures before and after are SO AMAZING. It is hard to wrap my brain around the fact that I could post some of the very same pictures! I am so ready for this journey to start!

I am new here "today" and just wanted to say, my surgery date is on 11/14 with Dr. Martinez too. It just hit me - I think I am getting nervous!! Not to much about the surgery about the Pre-op Diet!! I am going to do the liquid one week before. I am struggling with completely stopping the smoking. I really enjoy the cigs as relaxation from stress. Well I wish to say to you Congrats and Good Luck - maybe we will see each other. Take Care

• 2 weeks later...

How are you recovering? I will be banded in 48 hours! I am very excited...a little nervous about the recovery journey. How are you adjusting.

Marcus

I'm a Novemberer. I arrive in San Diego on Nov 1st, then spend a couple of days there before heading to Tijuana on Nov 4th and my surgery is scheduled for Nov 5th. I'm so freaking excited!!!

How are you recovering? I will be banded in 48 hours! I am very excited...a little nervous about the recovery journey. How are you adjusting.

Marcus

My recovery has been slow going, but that's just how my body is. I was actually a little shocked when I looked at my calendar today and realized I get to go back to eating food tomorrow as the liquid diet hasn't been difficult at all for me and I haven't missed eating at all. I've lost 16lbs post-op and have just, in the last couple of days, started feeling small hunger pangs. I'm still on the fence about the decision I've made, but I imagine very very few people went through the surgery day experiences that I went through. Mine was not the wonderful experience that everyone seems to have had. All in all though, I think this will be a very positive experience for me, once the few wrinkles associated with it are ironed out. It's slowly but surely going that way.

Good luck with your surgery today!! (And try and score as many as the green freezies [i can't remember what brand they have specifically there] as you can. Those ones are the best. :P )

I'm scheduled for surgery on November 27, 2008...Thanksgiving Day. It's pretty symbolic for me as Thanksgiving is always just an excuse to eat for the next month!

So for this New Year, I will for the first time in years be sticking to my New Years Resolution!

I just scheduled today. I got approved for my financing earlier in the week, I'm going to send in my $500 deposit to Dr. Ortiz tomorrow, and I'm all set!!!!

My husband is being super supportive and I am happy for that. We are planning to get pregnant by the end of next year, so this is a way for me to get healthy and stay healthy as a new mom.

Well, I guess I'll be a regular here now. I wish my surgery was tomorrow!!!!

Cindy

I am scheduled for the Friday after Thanksgiving. I was told that there was no banding on Thanksgiving and Dr. Ortiz takes the day off. Are you going down on Thanksgiving and banded on Friday like me?

Cindy Husband and i will be there for per op on the 27th and surgery is Nov 28th hope to see you there

Shanalee...me too going down tomorrow and scheduled for being banded on Friday. Excited and nervous. How has your pre-op diet gone? Mine is tough with all the thanksgiving festivities. I would love to hear from you as I will be there alone the first night, my husband will join me on Friday and Saturday. How are your nerves? See you down there...Catherine

Losew8 my husband and i are getting banded on Friday also when are you arriving?

Shana-Lee

I will be there around 8.30 pm because of thanksgiving party in San Diego. When are you going down?

How is the pre-op diet and your nerves?