Thinking about Gulf Coast people

I just wanted to let anybody who lives on the gulf know I am thinking about you. I have family in New Orleans and they called in the middle of the night to let us know they had only made it about 50 miles. They are trying to leave. My Uncle said he would try to ride it out but he has children and grand children he is responsible for. Just be safe and know that possesions can be replaced. I am thinking about yall all and hoping the best. Sending up a prayer also.

I feel so bad for them. I would hate to have to go through this every year or so. That would make me want to move for good. I hope they choose to leave and be safe. My thoughts are with them. I will be watching the news, praying no one gets hurt.

Thanks everyone. It looks like we are not gonna get a direct hit so we are just gonna stay at home. If it gets bad tonight we will take shelter in my parent's business. We will be on the northeast quadrant of the storm so the only thing I am really worried about is tornadoes. I am hoping and praying we don't lose power because that is the worst part of it to me. I will keep ya'll updated as the night moves forward. Like I said though, I think at least us in South MS are gonna be fine unless it turns, which they are forecasting it won't.

My brother works for the oil riggs off the shores of La. He lives about an hour inland, so the family's OK, but I just got an email from him and he said they are stuck about 20 miles off shore. He said they didn't get the divers decompressed fast enough and they won't be done until 3:30 am and then it'll be too late. [He takes care of their life support equipment.] He said that they're sitting on the bottom, so they won't sink, but they're gonna get a hell of a ride!

Prayers out to all that are in the line of the storm.... God, watch over them all please.

I sincerely hope everyone is safe and sound! My parents used to live in Houston for quite a while (moved recently to Dallas) and had to deal with a couple of hurricanes. Scary stuff!