I leave tomorrow!!!!!

hey all, Just thought I would share with you that I leave tomorrow. I don't fly out until Tuesday but I drive to Omaha (2.5 hours away, for cheap tickets) stay the night there and then fly out early tues morning. I am hoping i can find a hotel with a computer to keep in touch but I am not counting on it. I am really excited but beginning to get nervous. AM I READY FOR THIS??? I think I love food too much. Will I be able to do this? I am miserable on the preop, starving!!! Does the hunger go away a little more with the post op? I sure hope so. Well just wanted to let you all know what was going on. I will talk to you on the other side!! :blink:

I pigged out the night before surgery like it was the last supper. All the girls that were having it done pigged out with me. It was like a farewell to food. As soon as I had it done I had my game face on and was ready to play ball. It was hard during those 3 weeks just because of the liquid thing. But, I do believe that those 3 weeks helped me when I did start eatting again. It did not take near as much to fill me up. Also I was scared to death to mess it up. My whole mind set is different now. Do I have hard days? Sure I do. But I stay in the fight and I have something helping me to win this time. I am so excited to have this band. I have lost 30 pounds since June 3. There might be some who have lost more and less. But I know without this I never would be where I am today. I can not wait for the next 15 to 20 pounds. You will do great. Stay strong and don't cheat yourself. You deserve it. It feels so good to be sucessful.

Good Luck!!!

hey all, Just thought I would share with you that I leave tomorrow. I don't fly out until Tuesday but I drive to Omaha (2.5 hours away, for cheap tickets) stay the night there and then fly out early tues morning. I am hoping i can find a hotel with a computer to keep in touch but I am not counting on it. I am really excited but beginning to get nervous. AM I READY FOR THIS??? I think I love food too much. Will I be able to do this? I am miserable on the preop, starving!!! Does the hunger go away a little more with the post op? I sure hope so. Well just wanted to let you all know what was going on. I will talk to you on the other side!! :blink:

Congratulations! Good for you for taking action on your decision to get banded. It's a big decision you've just made, and if you're like a lot of us -- it'll take awhile before you're completely comfortable with the idea, and the reality, of being banded. Please just know that you're not alone, and there are lots of people who care, and have also gone down, the same path you're presently taking. There's going to be times when you're full of doubt and then times when you feel confident about everything. That's O.K. and that's life. Just know that in the long run, it'll all work out. It always does.

Take care of yourself and give yourself time to heal.

Congrats, again!

- (1jmk) Janet.

Have a safe trip Heidi!!!! I'll be thinking about you on Wed as I make my way to the OCC and I'm sure I will see you at some point on Wed/Thursday before my own surgery!!

Good Luck!!

Have a safe trip Heidi!!!! I'll be thinking about you on Wed as I make my way to the OCC and I'm sure I will see you at some point on Wed/Thursday before my own surgery!!

Good Luck!!

Good Luck Christina, safe trip and all the best for a successful surgery. Be sure to let us know how you are doing okay?!!

Take care!

Good Luck and welcome to bandland!

Heidi, by the time you read this, you will probably already have your surgery. I just got to feeling good enough(after my surgery) to post this morning when I saw that you were GONE!!! I am sorry that I missed wishing you good luck and safe trip. Please keep us posted on how you are doing after your surgery. I am anxious to hear how things go for you. I am thinking of you and hoping the best. Can't wait to hear from you.