After a 1 1/2 month, dropping weight

Finally after a month and half of not moving the scale moved. I drop 5 lbs in one week, which i personally think is too fast, but it has happenned before when i plateau. I took my husband suggestion of having a blow out day where i eat food that i normally would not eat(not all junk), and apparently my body got confused and started to react to the amount of food. For all those of you that plateau, KEEP GOING!!!, you will get there.

I do that too. I do not over eat but make it a higher calorie day. I had anutritionalist tell me that. Not the one at the OCC though. She said the idea is to keep your body guessing so it does not set itself to work on one set of calories. Also the same thing goes for excercise, you will see faster results if you change up your excercise and keep your body guessing. I have a tendency to get into a routine and do the same thing over and over.

I found the same thing, on those weeks where I tend to eat say chinese food or a burger (not alot), I drop lbs.

Sometimes I think that when I am too good and my calories remain low, my body holds on to it...and when I shake it up with a little fat and starch, it lets go! Weird eh!

At what point after you got banded did you hit your first plateau? (I realize everyone is going to be different)

This is the point when most of my sabotage starts and I end up throwing in the towel of what ever diet I happen to be on...I guess to be able to plan ahead could save me some self defeating behavior.

Way to go for those of you who were able to push past that point.

~Kim

I am in the middle of a plateau now, been the same for almost two weeks, I am hoping this second fill, which is pretty tight right now and an increase in my exercise will get me over the next hump.

From what I have read and experienced, if you change things up a little, it shocks the body to give it up again.

Good Luck!

At what point after you got banded did you hit your first plateau? (I realize everyone is going to be different)

This is the point when most of my sabotage starts and I end up throwing in the towel of what ever diet I happen to be on...I guess to be able to plan ahead could save me some self defeating behavior.

Way to go for those of you who were able to push past that point.

~Kim

To answer your question, i lost weight steady for almost 5 months. I am not sure if since i only have 20 lbs to reach my goal that i went into plateau, but i have been for the last month or so. Also, after my 2nd fill which lasted about 1 month, i used will power in order to loose more pounds. Finally i decided to get my 3rd fill and see what happens. I am hoping to loose those 20 lbs before i go in vacation in december. Regarding exercise, i work out 6 days a week for about 90 minutes. I do change my exercise routine, but it didnt help. :wacko: