Bodybugg

ever watch The biggest Loser? Those armbands they wear 24/7 are the bodybugg, basically instead of guessing that your body burns 1300 cal per day doing it's normal functions, eating, breathing, sleeping and relying upon a treadmill counter to say that your 1 mile jog burned 400 calories this thing you wear 24/7 and it tests your body temp, sweat level and something else constantly and gives you exactly how many calories your have burned in that day... It's like 97% accurate the most accurate of all the measures to do the same thing... You then plug it in to your computer and download your calorie count for the day and can input what you eat (like some people do with their food logs already) and you can see that you ate exactly 1,456 calories for the day and your body burned 1,822 calories and it will calculate the difference and show you how much weight you could lose...

It really is pretty cool, but it costs $300 or $400 so maybe not worth it to the average dieter/exerciser

Guest CaraMBA09
ever watch The biggest Loser? Those armbands they wear 24/7 are the bodybugg, basically instead of guessing that your body burns 1300 cal per day doing it's normal functions, eating, breathing, sleeping and relying upon a treadmill counter to say that your 1 mile jog burned 400 calories this thing you wear 24/7 and it tests your body temp, sweat level and something else constantly and gives you exactly how many calories your have burned in that day... It's like 97% accurate the most accurate of all the measures to do the same thing... You then plug it in to your computer and download your calorie count for the day and can input what you eat (like some people do with their food logs already) and you can see that you ate exactly 1,456 calories for the day and your body burned 1,822 calories and it will calculate the difference and show you how much weight you could lose...

It really is pretty cool, but it costs $300 or $400 so maybe not worth it to the average dieter/exerciser

except for the cost, that sounds great! kind of takes the guesswork out of a few things!

Anyone who is interested you can buy the bodybug for about 150 on ebay for a new one. Also you can bid on used one's. I have had great sucess with ebay. Just make sure you check out there rating. Plesant Bidding.

I have one now and I have had it on for 24 hours. It's amazing it really does tell you how many calories you have burned. So far I have burned 1900 cal today. I did sleep with it on and you really do burn them while you sleep. I inputed my calories and for me to lose 1.5 pounds a week it said I needed to burn 2400 for the day and eat 1700. I have only eaten around 1500. With the band its hard for me to eat more than that.

I got it at 24fitness and they have them on sale for 199.

Maytee

When I was researching the band I cam across a woman who had the band and lost 75lbs and hit a 2 month plateau, then she got the bodybugg and lost the final 25lbs she needed to reach her goal...

Of course I LOVE the biggest loser, and I know that their use of this equipment is a huge part of how they track the calories they burn! So I told myself that when I reached 75lbs lost that I would get a bodybugg and a personal trainer as a gift to myself to make sure that I didn't plateau out like the blogger did... I will try to find her blog but I doubt, I will be able to get it!

Don't forget there is also a monthly subscription cost with the Bodybugg. It looks like you get the first 3 months free, but after that you will have a monthly fee like a cell phone or cable tv.

I would be sold if it could track the calories you eat, simply by measuring what you put into your body, but alas, technology has not advanced THAT far yet. Maybe in another few years!