The Beast .........

The beast is calling for an immediate fill...

OK... I know we all plead for help on this forum. I am in tears.... I had lost almost 18 pounds and looking forward to 20 pounds. Since I have been on solids, I am worse than ever.

I heard that realize band patients get their fills 4 weeks post-op. A bariatric doctor in atlanta changed over to these bands because the initial weight loss was better with his patients. I still chose Dr. Ortiz for many reasons. But damn I want a fill NOW.....

All through my 21 days of liquids, I am telling myself how good I am gonna be because losing weight feels goods.

Kim2bslim was my role model. She lost 20 pounds in the 6 weeks after surgery. Dr. Ortiz said some women lose 40 pounds in those 6 weeks. This was gonna be me........

My lowest post-opt weight is 210. But I only saw that 1 time on the scales. I have been a steady 213 +/- a pound. But the rate I am going is not good.

It is like I hate myself or something. I just do not get it...... Why am I this way... I have a tool and I want to do this. I want to be sexy.... But my brain just turns off and obsesses over food...

I know I am whining and know you all get tired of hearing about this stuff......... I just want to find my off switch.

I want a fill NOW. I want to feel satisfied and no hunger and no cravings.

So the damage I have done....

Friday:

oatmeal pretty plain sweeten with stevia & little brown sugar

Longhorns Steak Salad (ate only the steak & tiny bit of dressing)

Great pork barbecue (about 4 oz), a bite of Brunswick stew, a bite of mac-n-cheese, 1 fried green tomato & live country music and a coors lite (everyone was tasting each others sides)

I think Friday was good day...... was it??? Or am I just in denial?

Saturday:

whole wheat waffles with maple syrup (not sure if this is bad or not, figure it was though)

Giant Margarita

1 Chilis Southwest egg roll

Chicken & shrimp fajitas. I ate 2 of the flour tortillas and mostly chicken & shrimp & veggies. (is this ok?) I thought I was being half way good)

I think Saturday bad day...... was it???

Sunday:

Whole wheat french toast, scrambled eggs, low-sodium bacon

grilled chicken breast, 1/2 corn on cobb, rice, broccoli & cheese casserole

I think Sunday was good day...... was it??? Or am I just in denial?

Monday:

oatmeal low sugar -- pretty good

rice, broccoli & cheese casserole about 1/4 cup

1 bite of kids hamburger

2 hour walk in woods with family

Outback really bad for me salad, really bad baked potato & 6 ribs

Some stupid candy from blockbuster

I think Monday was a horribly bad day...... was it???

Tuesday:

oatmeal pretty plain sweeten with stevia & little jelly & pat of butter

Mexican chips & salsa with cheese dip

Mexican rice

flour Burrito with chicken covered in cheese sauce. The tortilla was a huge one. I ate about half. I could have eaten the whole damn thing..... I was by myself waiting to get my nails done next door.

Then to make matters worse.. I had a 2 musketeers bar and a 1 dunken doughnuts chocolate cake no frosting

I think Tuesday was a horrible,horribly bad day......

We are seeing my in-laws this weekend. It always causes havoc in my marriage. The are like barbie and ken. When my son was 8 weeks old, my step-mom-in-law, says "you really have got to do something about your weight". She has had plenty of plastic surgery herself... but she is a size 4. Never been bigger than a size 10.

Every time I see them they tell me they can help me. And ask, have you started exercising yet? UGH....

I am very stressed out about seeing them. They do not know about my surgery. I was hoping that I would be noticeably smaller by now. I had a mini goal of under 200 by the Sept 6. I have my surgery on Aug. 1. So I guess that was pretty unreasonable goal.

My in-laws have good intentions.

Any way.... I know I am ranting..... Just trying to keep from crying. I am at work and several folks have come by and seen my eyes filled with tears. No telling what kind of rumors are going around now....

Cheers,

Amy

Wow 40lbs between banding and the first fill, I thought I was doing good losing 24lbs... I think it is possible but you have to get your head in the right spot!

Just because you CAN eat everything in sight before a fill doesn't mean you should, the sooner you realize this the better! I have fallen into a similar mindset over the past 2weeks and I am wondering if getting a fill (which I know I need) is really the solution or if I need to refocus on the bandster rules... That is how I maintained weight loss during the period between starting back to solids and my first fill... I knew most bandsters couldn't eat bread so I didn't eat bread, if you've already detoxed your body off of all the sugar and bad carbs during the liquid phase I didn't see much point in reintroducing those things for 3 weeks before my fill when I knew I wouldn't or shouldn't be eating them after my 1st fill!

Your diet logs could be worse but what I would do is put those meals into a calorie counting website and find out just how many calories you were getting total each day and how much you were burning off!

Don't lose hope, the period between starting solids and the first fill is called Bandster Hell for a reason... You can do it!

Thank you Mama Michelle.. I am really having to force back the tears today.

Which calorie counter has restaurants already loaded in it like Longhorns, Chilis, etc? And fastfoods? I think weight watchers may have this.....

You are so right. My body was detoxed of sugar.... That is a really important point for me. Since my surgery, my blood pressure has been unbelievably great. I have been reducing my meds every week. I know this change has so much to do with detox. I definitely do not want to undo my 21 days of goodness.

I have had 0 energy since the surgery. I have been a slug. I feel so guilty about that. My head wants this type of lifestyle, my body is not responding yet.

Wow 40lbs between banding and the first fill, I thought I was doing good losing 24lbs... I think it is possible but you have to get your head in the right spot!

Yep, I thought that was crazy too. I was on drugs when Dr. Ortiz said this. I asked my husband later and he confirmed. Sounds impossible for a women to do this.

Yep, I thought that was crazy too. I was on drugs when Dr. Ortiz said this. I asked my husband later and he confirmed. Sounds impossible for a women to do this.

Hi Amy,

Correct me if I am wrong but I remember Dr. Miranda saying that the best way to eat would be Atkins, your food logs have a lot of carbs in them. The last serious diet I was on before deciding to be banded was Atkins, it does work and it worked for me but my emotions got me in trouble and I put the weight back on. I am hoping that the band will be the tool to quench the hunger so that I don't get into trouble.

KIM

Hi there, don't panic, I know you are anxious to get the weight loss under way, but losing weight between you surgery and your first fill is a bonus. My surgeon told me not to expect it, but considering the fact that I was on liquids and mushy foods for 5 weeks, it was inevitable and I lost about 20 lbs.

I hit the 40lbs mark about two weeks ago, 2 1/2 months post-op with one fill. Don't starve yourself to get there, your body will go into starvation mode and hold onto the lbs.

Deep breath and relax!!

You will do just great, take your time and stay on the prescribed diet and it will happen.

Good Luck!

Amy~

Don't beat yourself up! This band is in us for as long as we want it to be. Weight loss is a slow process. I had told you before that losing 40 lbs in 6 weeks would put you at losing almost 7 lbs a week and that is just not realistic. The first couple of weeks the weight falls off, but after that it slows tremendously. I am doing good to lose 4-5 lbs a month now and I eat very little and work out daily!

You need to count your calories, up your water intake, and stay strong! You are a very strong person and I know you can do this! It just takes time....

I am here for you!

Am I confused or did I see "Coors Lite" in your food logs? Aren't we supposed to avoid -- in other words DON'T DRINK -- beer and soda for at least 6 months? Maybe I am confused about this point?

Great question....... I rarely drink so any point made about alcohol would have slipped right by me. YIKES..... Anyone know? I have steered clear of any sodas because of carbonation. I only drank a couple of drops of the Coors Light. It was horrible to me, but still..... need to know this for future social situations.

Thanks Kimmy!

Guest CaraMBA09
Great question....... I rarely drink so any point made about alcohol would have slipped right by me. YIKES..... Anyone know? I have steered clear of any sodas because of carbonation. I only drank a couple of drops of the Coors Light. It was horrible to me, but still..... need to know this for future social situations.

Thanks Kimmy!

I was told NO soda and NO beer..period...I have read about people letting it go flat before drinking it, but that just sounds gross and deparate. Alcohol has a very high calorie content. Margarita mix is nearly 90% high fructose corn syrup. if you have to do a margarita...make yourself a "skinny-girl"rita....shot of tequila, 1/2-1 shot cointreau and fresh lime juice...that is it.

take a deep, very deep breath.

In-Laws can be hard...I have a set myself who are abusive, so I really do feel for you.

Cut out so much carbs...go onto Bodyforlife.com and research what some of the champions have eaten...protein shakes, brown rice, corn tortillas (very low cal), lean meats (chicken, fish, lean beef). This is the plan I am intending to follow when my band gets on and after the Pre-Op.

keep us posted!