my 2nd fill, some of the experienced banders I NEED your input!

You know I really look up those of you who have been banded and are losing the weight! I have always been worried that this won't work for me. I understand it is a tool. It will control my QUANTITY but I will control my quality. That said, I had one fill, 1cc on August 16th. Between my first and second fill I have not lost weight and in fact gained 5 pounds back. Is that normal? I didn't really have good restriction. And of course I pushed it (meaning like I have all these years I start to feel that "okay I am good feeling" but the food tastes so good that I keep going). Thus, I gained about 5 pounds. So today I got a fill, under fluro and now I have 2.2cc in my 4 cc band. I drank some water, could feel that it didn't go right down immediately, so it felt like a good fill. So another question is, when did you all start to lose weight? Was it with your first or second fill? I know it is different for everyone, but I would really like to hear from you all!!! PLEASE :D What should I expect now? Should I see the scale move weekly? I know that with my first fill I was eating less, people commented. I wasn't eating 1/3 of what my pre-eating was though. I could really use your feedback about your experiences. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Dianna

You know I really look up those of you who have been banded and are losing the weight! I have always been worried that this won't work for me. I understand it is a tool. It will control my QUANTITY but I will control my quality. That said, I had one fill, 1cc on August 16th. Between my first and second fill I have not lost weight and in fact gained 5 pounds back. Is that normal? I didn't really have good restriction. And of course I pushed it (meaning like I have all these years I start to feel that "okay I am good feeling" but the food tastes so good that I keep going). Thus, I gained about 5 pounds. So today I got a fill, under fluro and now I have 2.2cc in my 4 cc band. I drank some water, could feel that it didn't go right down immediately, so it felt like a good fill. So another question is, when did you all start to lose weight? Was it with your first or second fill? I know it is different for everyone, but I would really like to hear from you all!!! PLEASE :D What should I expect now? Should I see the scale move weekly? I know that with my first fill I was eating less, people commented. I wasn't eating 1/3 of what my pre-eating was though. I could really use your feedback about your experiences. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Dianna

Hey Dianna,

I can feel your frustration in your post! It's really difficult to compare yourself to others. I do it too, and it makes me feel bad! When you have good restriction and are eating less you'll start losing. That's a general answer, I know, but it's true. The benchmark is if you are losing 1-3 lbs per week you are doing well. If I were you I'd focus less on the scale moving and try focusing on watching WHAT you eat (I liked your comment about quality vs. quantity), make sure you get enough fiber, protein and water, and try exercising a little bit each day. I am certain that if you have restriction and are doing those things, you'll start losing. Take it slow!! Remember that the band is a lifelong tool and you didn't put the weight on over a few weeks so it's going to take a while to take it off!

Karen

Hi Dianna, that's a great question. I am not an "experienced" bandster, but I did just get my second fill. I have good restriction now too.

I have been losing weight all along, but I have plateaued for the last two weeks and found that portion control and food choices make the difference in starting the weight loss again. I have been eating high protein meals and I see the scale gradually starting to move. However, I feel it in my clothes more.

Change it up, more protein, veggies and exercise to kickstart it again!!

Good Luck!

I think the thing is to stop eatting before you feel full. If you have good restriction now you will see why soon. If you over eat you will pay the price and it's not pretty or fun. I did not feel much on my first fill but I did use alot of self control. I guess you just have to remember to try self control before you get good restriction. I was always afraid of messing up my band. When you go to get a fill under flouro they can look at your pouch and tell what you have done. When I went this last time somebody over ate too much and messed up there band and they have to have there band removed. Mr. Ortiz says" Do not test the band. Test yourself. See how little you can eat and be satisfied." That is what I have tried to do. Yes, some days are harder than others but it does get easier and the rewards feel great.