Day 13 post surgery

Hi Folks,

I'm on day 13 post-surgery. I had a weird night last night, and want to know if other folks have had this happen. I really, really wanted to feel something crunchy in my mouth, so I bought some Doritos Sweet Spicy Chili. I put one in my mouth, sucked off the spices and spit out the cracker into the kitchen sink. I feel guilty for wanting to have old familiar foods. As for my weightloss, I'm done 21 pounds. I had gone down to 250, but after a couple days went back up to 253. Here's my plan for today. Babyfood (1 jar) for breakfast (Chicken & Broth), 1/2 cup coffee. Later, 1/2 cup of tea (no sugar). For lunch I'm going to have a couple tablespoons of hummus. Later I have some baby food bananas. I'm really turned off from the protein drinks and broth.

Am I sabotaging myself?

210143001220453403.gif

Blinkie Maker

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wPPAQLt/]

weight.png

[/url]

Today is day 21 of my post op. I don't remember baby food, hummus, or bananas on my post op diet. In fact, mine said no chunks or fruit even in the drinkable yogurt or creamy soup phase. I recommend taking a look at Dr. Ortiz's videos on Youtube if you haven't already.

I can understand how tempting it is to want real food, but you need to follow the plan set out by your surgeon, creamy soups or foods that will go through a straw. No chunks or thick substances. This is the time your band/stomach needs to heal and the foods need to be as light as possible to avoid problems.

You only have 8 days to go...you can do it!!!

I'm on day 13 post-surgery. I had a weird night last night, and want to know if other folks have had this happen. I really, really wanted to feel something crunchy in my mouth, so I bought some Doritos Sweet Spicy Chili. I put one in my mouth, sucked off the spices and spit out the cracker into the kitchen sink.

Been there, done that. Licked some salt and vinegar potato chips the other day. Last night, I was chewing on a pork chop and spitting in the sink. It stopped the urge to eat real food so I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Friday is my day 22, so I have been imagining what I should eat.

Stay strong and you will get through this stage. Remember that there is potential for long term damage if you swallow something too big, keep to liquids for a few more days.