The "Sweet Spot"

Hi all,

I was just wondering how many cc's and fills you had before you reached your sweet spot? I presently have a 4 cc capacity band, and so far I have had a total of 1.8 cc's of saline injected. I'm sure I haven't hit my sweet spot yet, but I'd be interested to hear how many fills it took before you hit your sweet spot.

Thanks.

I have two fills, 5cc in my 9cc band and I have great restriction, not sure if it's my sweet spot, but so far so good!

My surgeon advised a possible 3-4 adjustments (fills) before I hit the sweetspot. He also mentioned that as the fat around the stomach (under the band) goes away, more fills may be required to tighten things up.

Good luck getting to the sweetspot!!

Hello,

I also have a 4cc capacity band.

At my first fill, I received 1.5cc. Helped for a little bit, but after just 2 weeks, I was eating more and more.

My second fill I received .3cc (total now 1.8cc). Also, the same story.

At my third fill, I received .2cc (total now 2.0cc-my doctor was deciding b/w .2 and .3 but said that some ppl. come back for an unfill after having .3 at this point, so we decided to go for just .2--best decision because I had a ton of restriction for like the first week after at least). Well, this was THE fill! It has worked wonderfully for me--five weeks later and I still feel good restriction. I have dropped a lot of weight since the fill, and I think that I'm in a good place--for now.

So maybe the next time is THE time for you, because having 2cc in my band is great for me (obviously, everyone's different). Good luck!

--TRS

I have had 4 fills in my 4cc band. I currently have a total of 3.5cc. I am finally at my sweet spot. However, it seems like some days I can eat ok and other days I can't eat at all. The band is very touchy. Stress will also make your band tighter, I learned this the hard way. Good luck with your restriction.

I have a 4cc band, my first fill I got 1.4 that was in June, I didn't think I had restriction so I went back last wednesday

and they added 1 cc, not sure why so much, at the clinic I was able to drink water fine, after getting home which took almost

3 hours with no line up at the canadian border (which is the only way to get to my house, even though I live in the US). I can

hardly drink water let alone eat anything :wacko: Every bite gets stuck no matter how little of a bite I take, I wish I would of just asked

for .5 cc. So back to liquids, but only after I take sips of coffee or something hot to loosen the band up a bit. Oh it sucks to have food stuck!!!

I am going to try to have them meet me to have an unfill tomorrow, they are closed but maybe they will meet me. Otherwise I don't know when

I can get back to them again.

Just remember More isn't always better!!!!

Hi all,

I was just wondering how many cc's and fills you had before you reached your sweet spot? I presently have a 4 cc capacity band, and so far I have had a total of 1.8 cc's of saline injected. I'm sure I haven't hit my sweet spot yet, but I'd be interested to hear how many fills it took before you hit your sweet spot.

Thanks.

Thank you all for all your great posts! There is so much (still) to learn about my band, and I really appreciated everything that everyone had to offer.

This is such a great website, and I'm grateful to you all!

Thanks again.

- (1jmk) Janet.

I have 3.2 in 4cc band and am near if not at my sweet spot. It took me three fills to get there but since one month has gone by and loss of body fat and inches if not as much weight as I would like, I am starting to feel less restriction and will probably go back for a small top up in the next couple of weeks.

I will have my 7th fill on Friday and I have yet to reach the sweet spot. I have 2cc in my 4cc band.