20 Days Post Op and All is Wel..

My liquid diet ends tomorrow. I've not weighed my self since surgery (August 21, 2008) - but I've surely lost ten pounds (probably more, but I don't want to jinx things). Today I am wearing a shirt that I haven't worn in two years. It is off-the-rack, which is nice.

I am thinking of going the Friday of CDN Thanksgiving and leave on the Saturday.

Also, as far as physical discomfort goes I have none. Heck I can't feel anything but the port.

In the 20 days - i've cheated exactly four times.

1) 1 slice of orange

2) 1 slice of banana

3) 1 green bean

4) 1 cookie

Not bad, if I don't say so myself.

Also looking forward to exercising. Will start on Saturday. Just some eliptical for a week or two. But thinking doing some resistance work after that, in order to build some muscle mass and keep the skin tighter.

Great job!!!

Isn't it funny how the little things, like the off the rack shirt, can really make you feel good!!!

We have a lot in common, I was banded on August 21 as well... In addition, I believe I have lost some where around 10 pounds, but am afraid to keep stepping on the scale, in case it goes the wrong way. Especially now that we can have actual food. I'm so glad to hear you're not having any pain or discomfort. For some reason I still have the shoulder pain (which gets bad at times).

Good luck on your journey with the band! I look forward to more updates from you.

Juli

:lb10: you sound like you've done real well. Great plan to start the exercise. Is it for a fill you plan to go over thanksgiving? Will you go to the OCC?

YEP, I'll go the OCC. Perhaps if it is done easily (e.g., well placed port), I will do it locally (well across the border in Washington State).

If you do decide to go to washington for your fills, you won't be dissapointed with nw fill center in arlington.. They are looking for a spot in Bellingham to do fills once a month. Their web site is www.northwestfills.com

Congratulations on making it the 21 days, you did really good.

So what did you have for your first real meal???

If you do decide to go to washington for your fills, you won't be dissapointed with nw fill center in arlington.. They are looking for a spot in Bellingham to do fills once a month. Their web site is www.northwestfills.com

Congratulations on making it the 21 days, you did really good.

So what did you have for your first real meal???

I haven't had my "real meal" yet. Kind of weird - I don't actually feel like anything. The only thing that comes to mind is the salad that I was chomping away at on my pre-op diet.

Perhaps I am taking a certain amount of comfort in the regime. When I am back on hard foods I can go awry rather quickly.

Cheers,

Scott

Guest CaraMBA09
My liquid diet ends tomorrow. I've not weighed my self since surgery (August 21, 2008) - but I've surely lost ten pounds (probably more, but I don't want to jinx things). Today I am wearing a shirt that I haven't worn in two years. It is off-the-rack, which is nice.

I am thinking of going the Friday of CDN Thanksgiving and leave on the Saturday.

Also, as far as physical discomfort goes I have none. Heck I can't feel anything but the port.

1) 1 slice of orange

2) 1 slice of banana

3) 1 green bean

4) 1 cookie

Also looking forward to exercising. Will start on Saturday. Just some eliptical for a week or two. But thinking doing some resistance work after that, in order to build some muscle mass and keep the skin tighter.

Congratulations!!

that is awesome! If you are able to wear clothing "off the rack" then you have lost more than 10 lbs!

yea!

I leave Sunday for OCC and my journey, I cannot wait for the old me to emerge

Guest CaraMBA09

1) 1 slice of orange

2) 1 slice of banana

3) 1 green bean

4) 1 cookie

OH

FYI

the fill center in Auburn has a doctor there who is supposed to be REALLY good (dr. fox I think).

I am planning on doing my first fill at OCC and then going to Auburn after that

oodles!

Hey bigboiyvr

I'm doing the first fill at OCC as well. I think I have more confidence in OCC than the local guy and they do not use flouro in Calgary. I like the piece of mind of having them look inside.

Won't flights be expensive flying Thanksgiving weekend out of Vancouver?

Hey bigboiyvr

I'm doing the first fill at OCC as well. I think I have more confidence in OCC than the local guy and they do not use flouro in Calgary. I like the piece of mind of having them look inside.

Won't flights be expensive flying Thanksgiving weekend out of Vancouver?

relatively reasonable cost - $480 all-in. That includes an extra leg on the end to get me to Victoria for Thankgiving. That is cheaper than what I paid in August. Also, I think I can deduct it for taxes.

Well I weighed myself on Saturday - which would be 23 days post op - I am at 285lbs, so 14lbs since surgery. So that makes it 35lbs since mid-July.

My first thought was ok - not too bad. Then I realized I hadn't done any exercise. I never lose any wieght with out exercise. So I am happy.

I think in the next couple of weeks, I'll come up with some goals.

I'd also like to postpone my first fill until I plateau.

Well I weighed myself on Saturday - which would be 23 days post op - I am at 285lbs, so 14lbs since surgery. So that makes it 35lbs since mid-July.

My first thought was ok - not too bad. Then I realized I hadn't done any exercise. I never lose any wieght with out exercise. So I am happy.

I think in the next couple of weeks, I'll come up with some goals.

I'd also like to postpone my first fill until I plateau.

That's great for you!

Don't postpone your first fill if you have no restriction. If you are using more willpower than bandpower, get the fill. I thought the same thing, went for my surgical f/up appt, didn't need a fill, but one week later restriction was gone and I was hungry 24/7 for three weeks, not fun!

Scott you're doing great!!!! Hard to believe that its been almost a month since we've been banded eh? I'm a little afraid to have real meals yet but have slowly been introducing solids back in. We were away for a week and it was hard trying to get all the water in and eating healthy.... but any choice I made was fairly healthy -- and in very small quantities. I'm just not hungry though, except for the morning.

Keep us updated 'kay?!?!?! How's Vancouver? Hope you have a great weekend!

Alana