Hurricane Ike vs. Texas

I just saw that too. I hope everyone evacuated the Coast. Ike is huge! I hope and pray everyone stays safe and takes the evacuations seriously.

My darling in-laws live in Housten and have 2 rental properties right on the coast south of Galvaston. When I say right on the gulf I mean like 1 1/2 blocks from the water line!! This is a very small town with no barges or anything to prevent the water from just washing ashore and causing massive destruction. Yikes!! Actually they are here in Portland with us currently as after our lovely vacation together they came in their motor home to spend a few days here. They have property they need to check on in Seattle today and will hurry back to Portland to head home depending on the severity of the storm. Their rental property area was totally evacuated by the bus load yesterday and everything is boarded up. They just last week had gotten the news that a pipe at their residence home in Housten had broken in the living room so they already had a flood there. We are closely watching the news and praying for all others in that area to be safe and for as little to no damage as possible to come out of Ike!

My darling in-laws live in Housten and have 2 rental properties right on the coast south of Galvaston. When I say right on the gulf I mean like 1 1/2 blocks from the water line!! This is a very small town with no barges or anything to prevent the water from just washing ashore and causing massive destruction. Yikes!! Actually they are here in Portland with us currently as after our lovely vacation together they came in their motor home to spend a few days here. They have property they need to check on in Seattle today and will hurry back to Portland to head home depending on the severity of the storm. Their rental property area was totally evacuated by the bus load yesterday and everything is boarded up. They just last week had gotten the news that a pipe at their residence home in Housten had broken in the living room so they already had a flood there. We are closely watching the news and praying for all others in that area to be safe and for as little to no damage as possible to come out of Ike!

My brother just moved out of Houston and his friends are calling him freaking out. We live in Dallas which is about 4.5 hour drive. I hear Dallas is filling up with visitors. I pray it is not going to be as bad as they say it is.