Input not matching Output

Hi Everyone,

I have been having some difficulty outputting enough. I have a BM every morning, but it's clearly not enough considering what's going in throughout the previous day.

I am not sure fiber would help in this case, I would probably end up constipated. I thought of a cleansing routine to clean myself out, any suggestions?

Thanks!

Have you tried a stool softener (without laxative)? I had constipation as a result of a medication I was taking and my doc told me I could take up to 3 stool softeners a night - they kept me regular the whole time I was on the drug. Just one a night should do the job for you.

Good luck!

I am not sure fiber would help in this case, I would probably end up constipated. I thought of a cleansing routine to clean myself out, any suggestions?

Thanks!

I don't quite understand what you mean by this? Taking fiber EVERYDAY is crucial to those whenever intake is reduced, such as by the lapband. My favorite is benefiber but metamucil and many other types of daily fiber supplements are out there. They will not constipate you when taken as directed EVERY day. Also a daily stool softener can help in the same way. Choose one though not both. When I forget a few days then I notice it as you describe but within a day or two of starting it again things "equal" out so to speak.

It sounds like you currently feel "bloated" but not by water? If so then yes for sure start a stool softener and the fiber supplement today and use a few doses a day to get thing moving.

Hope this helps Cathy, I know how uncomfortable this can be. I have suffered from alterations in bowel output for years and it didn't get any better once I got banded until I started using Benefiber every day. It's a miracle for me.

There are plenty of natural ways to cleanse out your system, if you drink 2cups of hot water mixed with a tablespoon of sea salt you will feel it working quickly so stay near the bathroom... I have also used the "Smooth Move" laxative tea, you drink a cup at night before bed and in the morning things will be moving more smoothly... lol hence the name!

There are plenty of natural ways to cleanse out your system, if you drink 2cups of hot water mixed with a tablespoon of sea salt you will feel it working quickly so stay near the bathroom... I have also used the "Smooth Move" laxative tea, you drink a cup at night before bed and in the morning things will be moving more smoothly... lol hence the name!

Yes I forget to mention these as I tried all of them and they didn't make a difference for me. I am glad you mentioned these as something to try first before any sort of OTC "medication".

Just a footnote. I have always done the fiber thing. However since banding I have stayed packed up. I was on day 10 without going and went to get a fill. I told the doc that I was taking in tons of fiber (should get 20 grams a day I was getting in aroung 40 to push things along) and she told me that was part of the problem. She said if your not drinking enough the fiber binds togeather like concrete and cause more problems. The book they give at your first appt. at fillcentersusa actually has information on not going crazy on fiber. I still suffer with it and keep trying things. The last one was the aloe vera gel. It is supose to be wonderful. To bad it tastes like crap!!!! There is supose to be a aloe vera pill. I will try that next. I am now on day 8 and no bathroom movement. I think I will be drinking one of those things you drink before a colonoscopy. I know that will get me moving. I just have to find a day I can stay home close to the bathroom. hope this helps.

I have the same problem Cathy. I am hoping that mine is from 2 surgeries in 2 weeks, anesthesia and pain meds, but you just never know for sure. I hope you can get things going because I know how defeating it can be to not be able to "function" normally. ;(

Just a footnote. I have always done the fiber thing. However since banding I have stayed packed up. I was on day 10 without going and went to get a fill. I told the doc that I was taking in tons of fiber (should get 20 grams a day I was getting in aroung 40 to push things along) and she told me that was part of the problem. She said if your not drinking enough the fiber binds togeather like concrete and cause more problems. The book they give at your first appt. at fillcentersusa actually has information on not going crazy on fiber. I still suffer with it and keep trying things. The last one was the aloe vera gel. It is supose to be wonderful. To bad it tastes like crap!!!! There is supose to be a aloe vera pill. I will try that next. I am now on day 8 and no bathroom movement. I think I will be drinking one of those things you drink before a colonoscopy. I know that will get me moving. I just have to find a day I can stay home close to the bathroom. hope this helps.

Thanks Dawn, I drink water constantly, so I think I am getting enough, I think I will try a cleanser to help flush myself out and start fresh!!

I had/have this problem, too and after day 10 for me (this has happened twice--fiber and those teas don't seem to work for me)...Rene recommended milk of magnesia. Tastes like crap but definitely helps. You need to stay close to a bathroom for at least 3 hours...usually you go about 8-10 times before you're cleaned out. That's what they recommended at the OCC for me. It takes about 3 hours for it to "kick" in...if I have to, I usually do it on a Sunday since I don't work then.

I had/have this problem, too and after day 10 for me (this has happened twice--fiber and those teas don't seem to work for me)...Rene recommended milk of magnesia. Tastes like crap but definitely helps. You need to stay close to a bathroom for at least 3 hours...usually you go about 8-10 times before you're cleaned out. That's what they recommended at the OCC for me. It takes about 3 hours for it to "kick" in...if I have to, I usually do it on a Sunday since I don't work then.

I love the Benefiber Sugarfree Chewables in Berry. Haven't had my surgery yet, but I take these any way and love them! My hubby takes em too! They tastes great & they work!

Oh Cathy, so sorry. I once went for over a month! I had a blockage the size of a small bowling ball and almost had to have surgery, it pasted with medication, tears and blood.

My point to this grusome story is to not let it continue. Rub your tummy counter clockwise to help move things along in addition to taking whatever will work to get those toxins out!

I think that the PB medication that I am taking (mostly a diuretic) is making me get stuck again. I try to drink a lot but is goes right through the kidneys and not the bowel. Gez

Barbara

Hi , I am on day 8 of no BM. We seem to be all having the same problem. If I am not taking in any solids then would I have solid waste? I was on liquids prior to surgery and liquids after surgery so really, would I have a BM? I know that there are lots of RN's out there, we'd love it if you are chimmed in. = ) xoxoxox