Update on my fill yesterday

I was a little nervous he would see that I had more saline in my band after my trip to New Orleans, but what luck that for the first time ever he didn't check! LOL He just looked on my chart at what I had previously and added .3 cc. He thinks I have 1.8 cc now, but I really have 2.3cc.

He also told me some crazy things I wanted to share:

1. Okay you have about as much saline as you are gonna be able to handle. (How is that when it holds 4cc)

2. You have lost 60% of your body fat so the band is not gonna help you anymore. You are gonna have to do it on your own. (HUH????)

He said I have done better with the band than most of his patients. I wanted to ask him if that was because he doesn't fill them right? LOL He said to get the last 30 lbs off I am gonna have to work out like crazy and even eat less than what I have been eating. The last 30 are the hardest to get off. Ugh..I am dreading trying to get these last lbs off. I have been struggling for a couple of months now.

Ok this guy definitely very ignorant or is a quack and at this point from what you have been through, I am leaning toward ignorant quack!!! Don't listen to him, just keep up the good work and show him that he isn't as knowledgeable as he believes he is. I am glad you finally got over the 2 cc mark. Alot of people get there on their first fill and if not that definitely their second. He is full of crock about the amount the band will hold. I have 3.2 in my 4cc band and my dr. here in Thornton. Said he has put up to 5cc in a 4cc band because the tubing will hold quite a bit without it even reaching the band. I have good but definitely not too much restriction at 3.2 cc. I have lost some and will probably still need another beyond the 3.2 before I am done.

My fill doctor says I am a star patient too, that getting the band isn't a guarantee someone will lose weight it takes work and the right mindset.. He also told me that losing the last 30 would be harder than losing the 1st 70 because you get to a point where just restricting your food/calories isn't going to keep the weight loss going because the less you weigh the less calories your body burn doing everyday things. This is when you have to start exercise to burn more than those calories you are eating each day. Possibly what he meant about the 60% is that is the number all of the stats published about the band say patients will lose... Again it seems that many patients don't want to push themselves over that 60% mark because they are satisfied enough with losing so much already or they don't want to commit to that type of exercise program.

You have come so far sweetie, don't let anyone make you feel bad or discouraged, you will be as successful as you want to be... Don't stop now!!

Ok, I'm with mom12. I have 3.5cc in my band. My doctor also told me that the band will hold more than 4cc. I think the part about the last 30 pounds being more difficult is just common sense. The closer you get, the harder it is, however, I believe the band will continue to help, but exercise is also very important. Good luck and congrats on your weight loss Kim.

Dr. Miranda told me that the band would help me to get down to about 180ish. She said that after that, the band would not do much, and it would be up to me to get down to the 130-140 range that I want to get to. I was surprised by that too, but it makes sense. So I think your doctor is right about that part, but over-all I still think he's not doing fills properly and just making money by doing really small fills.

Wow! Makes ya wonder why some doctors are even in this business! That's what scares me the most about going somewhere besides OCC for my fills...thanks for sharing and glad you got what you wanted. Also...you have a great sense of humor about it...lol