Any OCC alumni from Western Canada?

Taz

the group in Calgary is not an OCC group but about a quarter of the members I met were from the OCC. Half were from the toronto clinic and then a smattering of other clinics.

I think we even had someone that had the band done in Calgary. Thats about as rare as a unicorn sighting.

look up "calgarylapbanders" in Yahoo groups for more information.

Where are you from Taz?

Good Morning....I'm from Campbell River on the Island and will go for my procedure on the 20 of November....and looking forward to the life changes....This is a great medium...you can find plenty of info and positive feedback.....Doug

Hi Taz,

I am from Ontario, Canada...and I find my support network right here, and wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Good Luck!

Thanks Kittycat. The online resources are definitely an asset. I was more curious about things like Canadian food purchasing, where people get their fills etc. As an example, I see people discuss certain broth packets etc that aren't available to us in the local area. And it seems the best place for a fill (besides flying back down to Mexico) is in Washington. Hopefully in Belligham soon (about a 45 minute drive for me).

Always good to ask. Thanks for the insight.

Taz

Good Morning....I'm from Campbell River on the Island and will go for my procedure on the 20 of November....and looking forward to the life changes....This is a great medium...you can find plenty of info and positive feedback.....Doug

Good morning Doug! A fellow BCer!!!

Ya, I look forward to talking to people on the board. As I mentioned to KittyCat, I was wanting to learn where people are getting their fills, their food, and their face to face encouragement. You are right... this is a great medium.

Taz

Hey Taz, I live in Point Roberts, close enough eh??? quite a few of us in this area use nw fill center in arlington washington, about 1 1/2 hrs away. thier web site is northwestfills.com, they are so nice and their fills are 175.00, they are trying to figure out a location in bellingham to do fills once a month. My son was banded in January and has lost over 100 lbs. I was banded in May and have lost 36..We live off lean cusines and smart ones, we both find that we had portion control problems. We go out to eat once in awhile and we usualy split our dinner, I love the band, You will love it too, good luck in your decision.

Hey Guys and Gals,

Im from Calgary and just joined the forum. I have learned so much already just in two days of reading! Im getting banded on the 16th of January, 121 more days! I cant wait to start my new life! I will be looking for even more support once I get banded and its nice to know that there are people from right here in Calgary on the forum!

I dont know any of you yet, but from the stories I have read and the photos I have seen, I am so happy and proud of all your achievements and goals!

Just checking to see if there are people on this forum from Western Canada. If so, do you have a support network up here?

Taz

Hi Taz,

I live in the Okanagan and had my surgery at the OCC. I go to Ladner/Delta for fills (though I have only had one so far) but I am trying to find someone closer. I found this forum great when I first had my surgery (and it still is) but I have joined the BC-WLS support group on yahoo forums, it is mostly folks that have done gastric bypass in Victoria but there is a few lap band people on there and it is a very supportive group for those dealing with other issues besides post-op.

Hey Taz, I live in Point Roberts, close enough eh??? quite a few of us in this area use nw fill center in arlington washington, about 1 1/2 hrs away. thier web site is northwestfills.com, they are so nice and their fills are 175.00, they are trying to figure out a location in bellingham to do fills once a month. My son was banded in January and has lost over 100 lbs. I was banded in May and have lost 36..We live off lean cusines and smart ones, we both find that we had portion control problems. We go out to eat once in awhile and we usualy split our dinner, I love the band, You will love it too, good luck in your decision.

Point Roberts is close. Only about an hours drive!

I'm pleased to hear your son lost 100lbs. Does he visit these forums?

Living on lean cuisines is interesting. I actually really like them. Have one every lunch at work! Looking forward to being banded. Kinda worried about PBing, as I REALLY hate to vomit. The thought of PBing has actually been the root cause of me not moving forward over the last year. However, I realized I am missing too much of my life to worry about something that MIGHT be an issue.

NW Fills has been recommended to me as well. I will definitely be checking them out. Thanks for the tip!

Taz

Hi Taz,

I live in the Okanagan and had my surgery at the OCC. I go to Ladner/Delta for fills (though I have only had one so far) but I am trying to find someone closer. I found this forum great when I first had my surgery (and it still is) but I have joined the BC-WLS support group on yahoo forums, it is mostly folks that have done gastric bypass in Victoria but there is a few lap band people on there and it is a very supportive group for those dealing with other issues besides post-op.

In Delta eh? How much is the fill there, and who is performing it? Do they do fluoroscopy?

Taz

Its nice to see so many people from Canada! I live in Fort McMurray (for now -- we're here on the "3 year plan") and then will be heading back down to Calgary or Canmore area (September 2010 --- wooohoo!!! hahahaha)

I joined the Calgary Lap group on Yahoo and everyone is great there --- also the Winnipeg one in the odd event that we move back home, but I find that all the information I can get from anywhere is always good.

Haven't been on the site much (just returned from vacation) but hoping to get back into the swing of things!

Alana :)

In Delta eh? How much is the fill there, and who is performing it? Do they do fluoroscopy?

Taz

The first visit is $400 then it is $80 after that. Dr. Woodhead doesn't use fluoroscopy, he put 2cc in for my first fill and I'm still pretty good with that, it was 2 months ago and I still find sometimes I can barely eat anything.

The first visit is $400 then it is $80 after that. Dr. Woodhead doesn't use fluoroscopy, he put 2cc in for my first fill and I'm still pretty good with that, it was 2 months ago and I still find sometimes I can barely eat anything.

Thanks for the info Musiclover. I think I will head down to Northwest Fills as they do do fluoroscopy. Still trying to decide if I want to fly back down to see Dr. Ortiz for the first fill. I think it might be good just for the check up.... and then use more local fills. Just not sure yet.

Anyone else want to chime in on that part? Did you go back to TJ for the first fill?

Taz

Hey Taz... Anita here. I live in Port Coquitlam. I go down to Arlington for my fills. I have not gone back to Tijuana. If you check out the NorthWest Fills website and go to "Education" they will tell you, that you really don't need floro, except for once a year. The girls down there are absolutely wonderful. I am waiting for them to come to Bellingham. I just had my 2nd fill on Aug 22 and probably won't need one for a while... I have a friend who lives in Port Moody that was banded by a Dr. here in Surrey. She's my main support, but this forum is a close 2nd. Alot of great people on here, and always good trusting advice.

Hey Taz... Anita here. I live in Port Coquitlam. I go down to Arlington for my fills. I have not gone back to Tijuana. If you check out the NorthWest Fills website and go to "Education" they will tell you, that you really don't need floro, except for once a year. The girls down there are absolutely wonderful. I am waiting for them to come to Bellingham. I just had my 2nd fill on Aug 22 and probably won't need one for a while... I have a friend who lives in Port Moody that was banded by a Dr. here in Surrey. She's my main support, but this forum is a close 2nd. Alot of great people on here, and always good trusting advice.

Thanks for the info Allcdngirl. Sounds like there is enough of us to make the Belligham office a reality. Even if its only a few days a month. ;-)

Taz.