Its DONE and OFFICIAL!!!!!

Guest CaraMBA09

Guest CaraMBA09

I was the third person into surgery this morning and things went off without a hitch. I have to say this is the nicest group of people I have ever met and the men are just dreamy to speak to and look at. I actually didn't walk right away, but feel asleep for three hours afterwards, the trip from hell to get here yesterday wore my aunt and myself out. I did get up at 2 pm and had my teeth ZOOMED and they look phenomenal! I feel great...no bloating, no hunger, no gas, nothing! better than what I expected...whoo hoo!

There are 4 other women down here getting theirs done and only one of them is even friendly, kind of a bummer.

Today is their Mexican Independance Day - the equivalent of our 4th of July - So I am going to try and break free to go to the festival at the courthouse.

We had dinner last night at SOL, the big yellow restaurant and cantina down the street from Lucerna and it was AMAZING food. The guacamole was to die for and the homemade corn tortillas was a treat. Then the Mariachi band began. I felt like I was on vacation, not on a trip for medical purposes! (THANK YOU JulieBurns for the great recommendation!!)

I will have to share the nightmare trip to get down here later. Boy...it was a doozy.

Caio Ladies!

Cara

I was the third person into surgery this morning and things went off without a hitch. I have to say this is the nicest group of people I have ever met and the men are just dreamy to speak to and look at. I actually didn't walk right away, but feel asleep for three hours afterwards, the trip from hell to get here yesterday wore my aunt and myself out. I did get up at 2 pm and had my teeth ZOOMED and they look phenomenal! I feel great...no bloating, no hunger, no gas, nothing! better than what I expected...whoo hoo!

There are 4 other women down here getting theirs done and only one of them is even friendly, kind of a bummer.

Today is their Mexican Independance Day - the equivalent of our 4th of July - So I am going to try and break free to go to the festival at the courthouse.

We had dinner last night at SOL, the big yellow restaurant and cantina down the street from Lucerna and it was AMAZING food. The guacamole was to die for and the homemade corn tortillas was a treat. Then the Mariachi band began. I felt like I was on vacation, not on a trip for medical purposes! (THANK YOU JulieBurns for the great recommendation!!)

I will have to share the nightmare trip to get down here later. Boy...it was a doozy.

Caio Ladies!

Cara

Congratulations!

Now for the dumb question. What does it mean to have your teeth zoomed??

Taz

Welcome to Bandland!!! Woo Hoo!!

I am glad my 3 friends were banded with me, because all the other women who were banded that day were very unfriendly too. They wouldn't even make eye contact with us, much less speak!

i must say, I am quite jealous of your experience after surgery. It was a lot more than I anticipated. It seemed that everyone said it was no sweat. I strongly disagree. The gas pains felt like a heart attack and the port inscision was so sore, I am just now able to sleep on my side again. I am 2 weeks out now and am finally pretty much back to normal. I must say, the 3 other women who had surgery the same day as me were awesome. We did laps in the clinic together and had "breakfast" together after we got back to the Lucerna. I talk daily with one of them. So the friendships I made totally outweigh the crappy way I felt. Congrats on being banded, I hope all continues going well.

Guest CaraMBA09
i must say, I am quite jealous of your experience after surgery. It was a lot more than I anticipated. It seemed that everyone said it was no sweat. I strongly disagree. The gas pains felt like a heart attack and the port inscision was so sore, I am just now able to sleep on my side again. I am 2 weeks out now and am finally pretty much back to normal. I must say, the 3 other women who had surgery the same day as me were awesome. We did laps in the clinic together and had "breakfast" together after we got back to the Lucerna. I talk daily with one of them. So the friendships I made totally outweigh the crappy way I felt. Congrats on being banded, I hope all continues going well.

The Zoom is the teeth whitening through their dental services. In the US, my dentist wanted to charge me nearly $600. They did it at OCC for $250 and it is worth every penny!

If the festival wasn't going on tonight, I would have stayed at OCC, but I really want to see something I have never seen before. I think all the walking will be really good for me.

I feel really lucky to feel okay! I just went to the hotel restuarant and had the Chicken Consomme they offer and the waiter asked to see how I was eating my soup...so somewhat embarassed I pulled up a spoonful and slurped...he said "Oh no, no, no sweetheart, you are sucking in too much air...watch this" and he used a fake spoon to put the whole thing in his mouth to show me how to eat soup properly. Then he began telling me "you tummy will get too much air and then gas will happen and it will hurt you alot, you must learn to even eat your soup differently" I thanked him profusely and thought this is awesome! We even have the waiters taking care of us!!

oodles!

C

Wow....my surgery was totally different, well I had mine in NJ but I was in such pain after the surgery. The moment I was waking up from anthesia, I was hurting and the gas was sitting there right in my left side. I was scheduled to go home that day but that didnt happen. I asked to stay in the hospital and they did take good care of me....A couple of hours later I was able to walk a little up and down the hall, and I only did that because the nurses promised me that was the only way to get rid of the gas......I did check out the next day and by Monday (day 3) I felt like a million dollars.....everyone recovers different, but I was looking like 5 months pregnant and hurting.......lol....Im 3 weeks out, my tummy swelling has subsided much and I'm soooooooooooooooooooooo happy that I got through it and i would have not changed a thing....3days of misery in exchange for lifetime of being thin??? Yeah, I'll take it!!

Guest CaraMBA09
Noooo I'm the bandgroupie :P

So getting ready to catch the shuttle back to SD

The port incision hurts and so far laying on my right side is the most comfortable to deal with.

I have quite a bit of bloat (look like I am 6 months pregnant - oh joy) but other than that, I have had an easy time. There were a couple of very obese gals who had a really hard time, so I guess the higher your BMI is, maybe the harder coming out of surgery it is (?)

I will give lots of details later. !!

C

Glad to hear that it all went well...congrats!!!

The Zoom is the teeth whitening through their dental services. In the US, my dentist wanted to charge me nearly $600. They did it at OCC for $250 and it is worth every penny!

If the festival wasn't going on tonight, I would have stayed at OCC, but I really want to see something I have never seen before. I think all the walking will be really good for me.

I feel really lucky to feel okay! I just went to the hotel restuarant and had the Chicken Consomme they offer and the waiter asked to see how I was eating my soup...so somewhat embarassed I pulled up a spoonful and slurped...he said "Oh no, no, no sweetheart, you are sucking in too much air...watch this" and he used a fake spoon to put the whole thing in his mouth to show me how to eat soup properly. Then he began telling me "you tummy will get too much air and then gas will happen and it will hurt you alot, you must learn to even eat your soup differently" I thanked him profusely and thought this is awesome! We even have the waiters taking care of us!!

oodles!

C

Isn't that interesting. Great tip on eating soup properly. Thanks!

Taz