Tell me what to do…I had a really really bad pbing episode

Last night I had sautéed beef skewers and after the first few bites I got this brutal pain of something being stuck, I’ve had things get stuck before but this was way worse. I couldn’t stop moaning in pain, OMG it was AGONY. I tried everything to get this thing to pass, I was walking I was hunched over the tub, my 9 year old was pounding my back….1.5 hour later a whole gob of slim with food effortlessly exploded from my mouth about 3 times over the next ½ hour. SOOOO 2 hours of sliming and pbing has caused my throat to feel really raw and uneasy. I tried having jello this morning and I felt a mild stuck feeling but it passed quickly (I’m assuming I’m swollen). Should I stick with liquids for a few day? How long does this uneasy stomach/raw throat feeling last? Any suggestions? Do you think I should have my band looked at?

So we can't have beef?? Oh my god, I will have to give up steak? Even if I cut it up really small. This is horrible news. I love my steaks..

So we can't have beef?? Oh my god, I will have to give up steak? Even if I cut it up really small. This is horrible news. I love my steaks..

No you don't have to give up beef. SOME people have trouble with certain types of beef, others don't. You won't know until you try it. Use the rules, tiny pieces, pea size at first and go slow and chew, chew, chew. Stop between bites like 2-4 minutes and see how each single bit goes. If you go this slow you will know as soon as you start to "feel" the lump of food go down and will be able to quit BEFORE you have this severe a problem. The problems come when you have tested things and then forget the "rules" and go to fast and don't chew well enough.

That happened to me last weekend, I ate some peanuts, not thinking it would tear up my throat, but it did. I called the fill center nurse and they said DO NOT eat or drink anything cold. I went on warm liquids(no chunks ) for 3 days and I am all better now. They say the cold contracts your throat and you dont want that to happen, thats why they say to have warm liquids. Hope you feel better soon.

Don't worry Stormy, everyone is different. I can eat any meat as long as I take small bites and chew well. Steaks, chops, burgers, chicken, you name it.

The real problem is bread or bread like things (cake, soft cookies, donuts) if it's not toasted I can't eat it. It sits in a big damp ball stopping anything else from going down.

Jena