plastic surgery?

I was just wondering if any of you gals have found a forum like this one but for plastic surgery? I am a self employed hairstylist and could not afford to take off work for more than 2 weeks. Which might would be impossible for a tummy tuck. Who has thought of this. What are yall's opinion's? I need my boobs lifted and stuffed too. I am not ready yet but I want to start doing my reseach.

I went the posts we have down below on plastic surgery. I had my tummy tuck done on a Thursday and was back to work 10 days later on the following Monday. Right now the cost is $3950 for a tummy tuck; I used credit care which is no interest for one year I was able to pay it off monthly before the interest kicked in. If you qualify for credit care the payments would be $329 per month for a tummy tuck.

Locate a Doc is a great way to find doctors in your area and read reviews, I checked mine out on here before I made my decision and then checked on all of his credentials:

http://www.locateadoc.com/doctors/cosmetic...aplevalley.html

Good luck!

I was just wondering if any of you gals have found a forum like this one but for plastic surgery? I am a self employed hairstylist and could not afford to take off work for more than 2 weeks. Which might would be impossible for a tummy tuck. Who has thought of this. What are yall's opinion's? I need my boobs lifted and stuffed too. I am not ready yet but I want to start doing my reseach.

I have a friend in San Diego, Renee, She had gastric bypass. I will see her when I get there for my surgery. She said if she had it to do all over again she would choose lapband because she has had so many complications with her surgery. Infact, she has had 5 other surgeries because of it. Anyway, her friend went to TJ for lapband. I am thinking it is the OCC, but not sure. Anyway, Renee said she went to a plastic surgeon in TJ and had a boob job, tummy tuck, and her arms done for 5000.00. She said that who ever did her friends lapband procedure referred her to the plastic surgeon. I will see if I can get a name. Because I will probably need it after my weight loss too!

OK,, I'm a guy and I'm in the process of scheduling a lower body lift with Dr. Quiroz at the Cosmed clinic in TJ. They have a website, www.cosmedclinic.com. I did a lot of my research at a plastic surgery website called www.psjourneys.com. But,, my main source of info came from the OCC. Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Quiroz are budds,,, So the OCC refers its patients to the Cosmed Clinic. Dr. Quiroz's speciality is in WLS patients. I'll keep you posted on my journey. I'm hoping to know something soon, real soon.

Lisa, thank you for the link!

After checking the cosmetic surgeons in the Atlanta area ... I might come to WA when I reached my goal :D

I think Dr. Nyte is like Dr. Ortiz ;) great reputation, easy on the eye, the price is right and on top of that ... I have a care credit card B)

I have a friend in San Diego, Renee, She had gastric bypass. I will see her when I get there for my surgery. She said if she had it to do all over again she would choose lapband because she has had so many complications with her surgery. Infact, she has had 5 other surgeries because of it. Anyway, her friend went to TJ for lapband. I am thinking it is the OCC, but not sure. Anyway, Renee said she went to a plastic surgeon in TJ and had a boob job, tummy tuck, and her arms done for 5000.00. She said that who ever did her friends lapband procedure referred her to the plastic surgeon. I will see if I can get a name. Because I will probably need it after my weight loss too!

Hi DanaBall, I have a friend who had RNY surgery at the end of May and is still in hospital with complications and also had 3-4 additional surgeries, give me the band anyday!!

I have a wonderful plastic surgeon right here in the city, he did my breast reduction and I will be calling him in the new year for my tummy tuck and possible butt lift. I want to lose 100 lbs first.

Lisa, thank you for the link!

After checking the cosmetic surgeons in the Atlanta area ... I might come to WA when I reached my goal :D

I think Dr. Nyte is like Dr. Ortiz ;) great reputation, easy on the eye, the price is right and on top of that ... I have a care credit card B)

DEPENDING ON WHAT YOUR HAVING DONE, AND HOW LONG YOUR RECOVERY WILL BE, SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT IS YOUR HOTEL EXPENSES ALSO, IF IT'S HERE IN WA OR TJ

I'M MORE THEN HAPPY TO HELP OUT WITH TRANSPORTATION FROM THE AIRPORT ETC IF YOUR TRAVELING THIS WAY :)

Is that offer open to all Pammie? I am really considering coming to Dr. Nyte. He seems very cool and was great about answering questions.

YEP, I ONLY WORK PART TIME, THE KIDS ARE GONE, WELL FOR NOW LOL SO IT'S REALLY NOT THAT BIG OF DEAL FOR ME

THE HUBBY JUST RETIRED, WE'LL TOOK AN EARLY BUY OUT ANYWAY AFTER BEING WITH UNITED AIRLINES FOR 25 YEARS AND STARTED A NEW JOB WITH BOEING (MGR THANK GOD AS THE IAM IS ON STIKE) SO I KNOW THAT AIRPORT WELL. (PLUS I STILL GET FLIGHT BENIFITS hehehe)

OK,, I'm a guy and I'm in the process of scheduling a lower body lift with Dr. Quiroz at the Cosmed clinic in TJ. They have a website, www.cosmedclinic.com. I did a lot of my research at a plastic surgery website called www.psjourneys.com. But,, my main source of info came from the OCC. Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Quiroz are budds,,, So the OCC refers its patients to the Cosmed Clinic. Dr. Quiroz's speciality is in WLS patients. I'll keep you posted on my journey. I'm hoping to know something soon, real soon.

Hey Dolittle,

Let us know how it goes. I'd like to know what it costs us guys for a lower body lift after we reach our weight loss target, and what the procedure is like.

Taz

Thanks so much for the replies. I am not ready yet. I still have plenty of weight to lose. I just like to know that I am making a good decision. I would be more nervous over cosmetic surgery than the band. I can't wait to hear back from all of you guys. I think I would be looking at least 6 months. Should you lose it all first? I have heard conflicting stories.

YEP, I ONLY WORK PART TIME, THE KIDS ARE GONE, WELL FOR NOW LOL SO IT'S REALLY NOT THAT BIG OF DEAL FOR ME

THE HUBBY JUST RETIRED, WE'LL TOOK AN EARLY BUY OUT ANYWAY AFTER BEING WITH UNITED AIRLINES FOR 25 YEARS AND STARTED A NEW JOB WITH BOEING (MGR THANK GOD AS THE IAM IS ON STIKE) SO I KNOW THAT AIRPORT WELL. (PLUS I STILL GET FLIGHT BENIFITS hehehe)

Thanks a zillion for the offer Pammie! I really consider Dr. Nyte, so I may take you up on that :D - just one "tiny, little" obstacle - called losing 60 something more pounds :lol2:

At least that gives me more than enough time to think about where to start ... arms ..... tummy ..... thighs ... the girls ... ;)

If you don't mind my asking, what is Dr. Quiroz charging for a lower body lift? I'm pretty sure in about 50 lbs. I'm going to need some skin removed around my upper arms and stomach.

Thanks!

If you don't mind my asking, what is Dr. Quiroz charging for a lower body lift? I'm pretty sure in about 50 lbs. I'm going to need some skin removed around my upper arms and stomach.

Thanks!

I'm waiting to hear back from Dr. Quiroz. I think everyone is different to what and how much you have done. Last time I was in TJ I had a consultation and I'm waiting for the price quote. I know some patients send in pictures. You'd have to talk to his coordinator Joyce,, at 1-877-426-7633 or you can email her at joycepalau@cosmedclinic.com

Lisa or Pammie, is it the norm that you stay one night at the hospital and then look for a hotel ? (If your away from home)

Thanks a zillion for the offer Pammie! I really consider Dr. Nyte, so I may take you up on that :D - just one "tiny, little" obstacle - called losing 60 something more pounds :lol2:

At least that gives me more than enough time to think about where to start ... arms ..... tummy ..... thighs ... the girls ... ;)

Lisa or Pammie, is it the norm that you stay one night at the hospital and then look for a hotel ? (If your away from home)

Contact the surgeon anyway, just for a consult...I am...LisaL had her surgery perform at 200 lbs....I am hoping my surgeon will agree.

Since we both had our surgery here near home I just went home the same day (on all surgeries - I've had 3 to date) On the extended tummy tuck I needed someone to stay with me to care for 3 days - for a normal tummy tuck its 24 hours, but the extended is close to a body lift and you need extended care. You could stay in a hotel as long as someone was there to care for you - also Dr Nyte does not want you flying for 10 days. It can cause bleeding. That's one of the reasons I decided to stick close to home. I had a business trip scheduled for day 10 after one of my surgeries, went and was fine. I looked into Mexico and they do have you spend the night in the hospital and then stay in a hotel or an after care home – those costs are separate from your surgery fee so you need to add that in if you decide on Cosmo.

If you come up here and have it done let Pammie or I know, I’m sure we could work it out to help. Make it a vacation, we’ll take care of you for the 24 hours and help you find a hotel with room service! I think the hardest part is you don't want to fly for 10 days and would need to stay here. But then by the time you get back no one will most likely know you had surgery!