Has this happened to anyone else?

I went to have my second fill today in NYC with the amazing Dr. Ren at NYU school of medicine. When she took out the liquid from my first fill (2 cc), there was only 1.5 cc left. Dr. Ren said that since my last fill was my first, that probably what happened was that there was still some air in my band, and with the liquid from the fill being pushed in, it pushed the left over air out making it seem as though there was 2 cc but really only 1.5. I guess this makes sense?? She said not to worry that it doesn't autimatically mean there is a leak. I AM worried though lol. I can't help it!! Has anyone else experienced this? If I have a leak will I have to get surgery again? I am stressed out now!

On a good note, I lost 8 lbs since my last fill a little less than a month ago, and Dr. Ren said that is REALLY good! I am so proud of myself :D I am not sure if anyone else that chats here on the forums is close to NYC, but if you are, I highly suggest NYU center for surgical weight loss at their school of medicine. I only pay a $20 copay to get my fills and Dr. Ren is fabulous. I've heard great things about the other Dr.'s there also! They do not use fluroscopy, but at the first visit you get an esohpogram (which is basically the same thing - - it shows the Dr. how quickly/easily fluid passes through the band), and Dr. Ren has personally developed a simple questionnaire to determine the amount of fill you need to get into what she calls 'the green zone'. So, just a tid bit for those of you who are in the NYC area...

Yeah, I had .6 ccs go somewhere...

I hypothesize that it lives in the tubing or something. Since the needle and syringe pulling the fluid back out are not exactly a vacuum, parts that don't (and shouldn't) deflate or flatten easily can hold a tiny drop of saline.

No need to worry you have a leak until your band won't restrict, right?

Thank you ALL for your responses to my post. The Dr. told me its very common, especially for the first fill, but I still had to come here to ask all of you gals and guys about your experiences ;) I like to hear that I am not alone. Thank you all again!

I just came back from my 2nd fill. On my first fill I had 2.0 cc and they took out 1.6cc. Dr. So at the OCC said it is very normal because of the air trapped in the band so now he added .7. So this whole time I was only working with 1.6. Good luck to you on your journey to better health.