Tell me this will END!

Guest CaraMBA09

Guest CaraMBA09

I am day 3 'officially' post-op

My port incision hurts

I am bloated and uncomfortable...OH and least I forget the JOY of racing to the bathroom at work, because now the liquidity of the "clear diet" is now hitting.

I dont dare fart as I might crap myself.

When does this end? :lb12:

Wow - back to work in 3 days. I'm impressed!

I was so where you are, and it didn't pass until I was on creamy liquids. I called the OCC and spoke to Dr. Martinez (who was wonderful) and recommended kaopectate and copious amounts of gatorade to replace lost fluids.

I had been taking Imodium at the max dosage and was still running to the bathroom about once an hour.

Hang in there! It will get better.

I feel bad for you...that's gotta suck! It seems like 1/2 the people have the runs from the liquid diet and the other 1/2 are constipated. I was constipated. Heck, I've been banded for 3 weeks tomorrow and I've only gone to the bathroom maybe 1/2 a dozen times since I had my surgery. When I was younger this was really common for me but after I had my gallbladder out in 98 I had what they call "dumping syndrome".....well the constipation is back....

Honestly...I don't know which is worse....but probably the runs. Hopefully it will pass soon! ;)

Guest CaraMBA09
Well as far as bloating I am 7 days out and look 5 months pregnant still but its better than the 9 months a few days ago. slowly going down. And I have only been to the bathroom once so I dont have your problem just the other one. It will get better!

Thanks for the support...ALSO! thank you for the tips on Immodium and Kaopectate...I think the pharmacy will be my best friend these next few weeks. I remembered what JulieBurns said about Benefiber and took TWO heaping tablespoons of it in my K2 protein water. Hopefully something kicks in, I have class tonight as well :D

Hi Cara,

You are doing great, wow you went back to work already, brave girl!

You will feel better everyday...by day 6 I was back to my old self, I was pooping again, on creamy soups, which was like real food...but my port was tender and my tummy bloated for a couple of weeks, but it's all a distant memory now...I can't believe it was 3 months ago already and "48 lbs" ago!!

Feel better my friend!

(((Hugs)))

Well as far as bloating I am 7 days out and look 5 months pregnant still but its better than the 9 months a few days ago. slowly going down. And I have only been to the bathroom once so I dont have your problem just the other one. It will get better!

same here CtnwdAZ! I have always had stomach issues so I expected to have the runs the first week and surprisingly I didnt at all. Had a baby bowel movement on day 5, and another on day 7 so I guess that sounds normal. I know what you mean about the bloating I keep holding my tummy like I am expected mother. LOL

Cheers,

T

The bloating and the runs ended for me after the 21 day post op diet..you can make it!

Thank you so much!! This new fill is kicking my butt! I finally, finally have major restriction. (Maybe a little too much!)

I wanted to add..every pound is a milestone at this time in my weight loss. The days of losing fast leave when you are close to goal. I hope and pray I can reach 170 by Oct.1st like I want to..but that's pushing it!