Reflux help?

Can someone please give me some ideas?

I have a tiny bit of reflux, and have checked with Dr Martinez, and he is not concerned. Just said to take some acid reducers when needed. I'm good with that and have had a good fluoro not long ago. I'm at goal a good while by nowe, thank the Lord and Dr. O

What do you guys use? Tried the pepcid AC and that didn't help. My family doc said protonix is good - but the damn stuff is WAY expensive!

thanks!

Can someone please give me some ideas?

I have a tiny bit of reflux, and have checked with Dr Martinez, and he is not concerned. Just said to take some acid reducers when needed. I'm good with that and have had a good fluoro not long ago. I'm at goal a good while by nowe, thank the Lord and Dr. O

What do you guys use? Tried the pepcid AC and that didn't help. My family doc said protonix is good - but the damn stuff is WAY expensive!

thanks!

I have bad reflux- and I have not even had surgery. My Dr. gives me Nexium. It is expensive so she gives me boxes of samples. It works wonders.

Thank you ! I think your reflux is a bit different - many of us had a hiatal hernia before banding, from our obesity and this causes bad reflux sometmes. i had that, and Dr. O wanted an endoscopy before to be sure there was not enough esophagus damage to make the band unsafe for me. Ther is a kind of pre-cancer we can get from bad reflux. These hernias are are always fixed along with band surgery.

the reflux we get afterwards is quite different - usually from a fill that is too tight that needs some out.

the longterm ones of us also can start with reflux, and this always needs checking out as it can be a sign of a small slip, pouch dilation, or other things kind of common in longterm people.

I've checked with Dr m already and he is sure i'm ok with all that thankfully.

anyone using nexium for this after-band reflux - or another RX that works well?

thanks to all -

I have bad reflux- and I have not even had surgery. My Dr. gives me Nexium. It is expensive so she gives me boxes of samples. It works wonders.

I just wanted to share my story while we are on reflux.

I have been on Prilosec/Nexium since I was 18 years old for severe acid reflux. Dr. Martinez told me I would never have to take it again after I had my lap band and sure enough I haven't had one since March 28th! The lap band completely cured my reflux!

I don't know what types of medication are acceptable, but, I have suffered from acid reflux for years. Nothing that I had tried helped for very long until now. My husband works for a division of Super-Valu that does their shipping. Occasionally, if a large box becomes damaged they let the employees buy the contents for a really cheap price. About two months ago, he brought home a few boxes of an acid reducer called Omeprazole. It is absolutely amazing. It comes in a 14-day treatment. I only took one - no heartburn or reflux for one week, then I took another one, same thing no problems for an entire week. I took my 3rd pill over two weeks ago and I am still heartburn and reflux free. My problem was so bad it would wake me up sometimes as much as four times during the night. A few years back I had to have a light put down my throat and I was told my esophagus was covered in old scar tissue from acid reflux. This Omeprazole is a miracle cure. No product has ever helped me like this has.

Wal- Mart has it now. It is a "NEW" product. It is around $19.00 for a box that contains three 14-day course of treatments.

When I go in for my pre-op the day before my surgery I am going to find out if it is acceptable to use after surgery.

I don't know what types of medication are acceptable, but, I have suffered from acid reflux for years. Nothing that I had tried helped for very long until now. My husband works for a division of Super-Valu that does their shipping. Occasionally, if a large box becomes damaged they let the employees buy the contents for a really cheap price. About two months ago, he brought home a few boxes of an acid reducer called Omeprazole. It is absolutely amazing. It comes in a 14-day treatment. I only took one - no heartburn or reflux for one week, then I took another one, same thing no problems for an entire week. I took my 3rd pill over two weeks ago and I am still heartburn and reflux free. My problem was so bad it would wake me up sometimes as much as four times during the night. A few years back I had to have a light put down my throat and I was told my esophagus was covered in old scar tissue from acid reflux. This Omeprazole is a miracle cure. No product has ever helped me like this has.

Wal- Mart has it now. It is a "NEW" product. It is around $19.00 for a box that contains three 14-day course of treatments.

When I go in for my pre-op the day before my surgery I am going to find out if it is acceptable to use after surgery.

Just so you know "omeprazole" is the generic for "Prilosec" which used to be available by prescription only. It is not a new medication, it has been around for years but prescription only. It is now available to buy OTC. It did nothing for my reflux. I use "Prevacid" which is prescription only after banding and it works. There are so many different types of these meds and everyone responds to them differently it is more a case of trial and error until you get the right one for you.