Prep Op Diet

Hey Guys and Gals,

I am getting banded on January 16th, I know I have a few months to wait, but I thought I would ask anyways.

What is the prep op diet? I have seen many different diets, and I am sure that it depends on the doctor. I will be seeing Dr. Ortiz. Can anyone give me an idea of what I would be eating!!

Thank you

Jenelle

Even with Dr Ortiz, it will depend on how much weight they want you to lose before surgery.

The basic plan is two Opti-fast shakes and a lean cuisine per day plus lots of green veg to keep you full.

The desire is to lose weight and shrink your liver so they have room to operate.

You can order the Optifast from the OCC website (they don't sell in in Calgary, that we could find) or substitute another meal replacement shake (we used slim-fast)

There is a slower program where you do the atkins diet for a longer period and there is a shake only option.

The dietian will review these with you and let you know which route to take.

I will be one month this week away from surgery (yea!!!) - should I call Dr. Miranda or do they call you? I have an idea of what diet i'll probably be on and Carolyn told me about how much weight i'll need to lose, but I want to make sure i'm doing it all right. I need to lose about 10 lbs I think or so before surgery. Thanks!! Shelby

From the notes and things I have from the clinic, I think you have to call her! Do you mind letting me know what they tell you?

I was also wondering about the vitamins and such after the banding! What is needed and what is suggested.

Good Luck Shelby, cant wait for Biggest Loser on Tuesday!

Jenelle