Shoulder Pain?

Hi Guys and Gals,

I havent had surgery yet, but I have read on here and other websites about shoulder pain? Is this a side effect from surgery or is this something to with over eating once you have the band? How long does it last?

Jenelle

I have not had surgery yet either but it is my understanding that it is Gas pain and it seems to be quite common. I think chewing ALOT and eating very slow help. Also after surgery for a few days it seems to be common from what I am reading.

Your stomach gets inflated during surgery to make it easier to work with. They take out as much of the gas as they can afterward but they can't get it all. The nerve which triggers the shoulder pain people are talking about is next to the affected area and thus cause the shoulder pain. It's more of an ache. Walking and anti-gas strips will go a long way towards helping but you can expect it off and on for about two weeks after surgery.

Hi Guys and Gals,

I havent had surgery yet, but I have read on here and other websites about shoulder pain? Is this a side effect from surgery or is this something to with over eating once you have the band? How long does it last?

Jenelle

Another Canadian!! Welcome...when's your surgery date Jenelle? Best of Luck!!

There are quite a few on this forum from Calgary. Take care.

I am 4 months post op and I still get the ache in the left shoulder, I still haven't figured out

what triggers it yet <_< It's not as often but still happens. It's not that bad and I would never

consider not having the surgery because of it.

I am 11 days post opt from sugery and the major gas has finally ended. Yes the pain in the should is most gas. I even have a little pain in the lower part of my left breast- just an 1 1/2 above my top incision- im hoping that it will go away I am stealing healing.

Cheers,

Tara