Day 3

So I have tried crushing my pills. I am sorry, I just can't do it. They taste terrible. So I took them today one at a time. Just the two zoloft. So far it has been not bad but not really good. Seems like it has given me gas more. Not sure or maybe that was coming anyhow. I took some gas x so we will see. I seem to be getting tired and then not, that is strange too. Not sure what that is about. I am going to try to spread my pills throughout the day so they dont get all blocked up in there. So if I take my zoloft and then wait about 4 hours and take the other two small ones maybe I will be ok. My sleeping pills hasn't seemed to caused me a problem. I am going to cut that down now, since it seems to be stronger now, maybe cause it stays longer. Dont want to OD or anything. All and all, I am having some anxiety about going back to work, but I think if I take it easy, I should be ok. If I have to go home, I will. I am a little depressed. Maybe I am experiencing loss, the loss of food. Not sure but I am sad and I dont know why. It could be because my house is a mess or just getting settled back in and getting used to being home. That is kinda tramatizing in its self. I think it may just be getting used to all this. It is a lot. I am just going to take one day at a time. I did notice that I didnt by enough stuff for people, now all my friends want something, they knew I was going, they should have asked before and gave up some money, they think I am loaded or something. UG! As it was, I spent over $400.00 and I have no idea where. I wonder if I lost some money some where. I can't figure it out. I guess it dont matter, it is gone. Might as well not worry about it. I do wonder if we should go back for our fill in 8 weeks. That would be around Nov, somewhere around the 17th. I just dont know if we can afford it. Anyone know how much the hotel costs for one night and whether they felt it was worth traveling back there for a one day thing?

PS I have lost 10 pounds

Great going Stormy! Hows the hubby doing?

I have to take 5 pills every morning and one of them is quite large. I found that taking them with about 1/2 cup of chocolate milk really helps them slide down more easily. Yogurt would work as well, not to mention being great for the tummy rumbles. Yogurt has live cultures in it that helps upset tummies.

Please ask your pharmacist if it is okay to crush any of your meds. If the zoloft is time released (a TR or XR after the name) DO NOT crush or cut the pill!! These are designed to be released slowly and if you crush or cut them all of the medicine gets released at once instead of over 24 hours.

Good job on the 10 pounds!

Jena

Great going Stormy! Hows the hubby doing?

I have to take 5 pills every morning and one of them is quite large. I found that taking them with about 1/2 cup of chocolate milk really helps them slide down more easily. Yogurt would work as well, not to mention being great for the tummy rumbles. Yogurt has live cultures in it that helps upset tummies.

Please ask your pharmacist if it is okay to crush any of your meds. If the zoloft is time released (a TR or XR after the name) DO NOT crush or cut the pill!! These are designed to be released slowly and if you crush or cut them all of the medicine gets released at once instead of over 24 hours.

Good job on the 10 pounds!

Jena

Thanks for the tip Jena. I have been crushing my zoloft for 3 weeks now (GAG!!!!!!!!!) I just started to cut them up since I can eat solids again. But I had no idea there could be a problem, will be checking the prescription label right after I post this.

BTW- STORMY!!! You little pooh, You have lost the same as me since the surgery and I am nearly 2 weeks ahead of you. Congrats!!!!!!

Hi Stormy,

I have been banded for only 11 days. I got a pill crusher/cutter when I went to TJ- I am sure you can get cutter here at Walgreens or Longs... I tried to mass them and then put them in shout glass with juice, but half of it stuck to the glass. Then I was gulp fasting to hurry up and get refil the glass to finish it off.

For pills that are too big to crush like 800 Motrin I cut into 8 pieces and take it that way. I have been fine with that and I had stomach issues before, but test your body and see how it does. For my biotin and fiber they are capsules so I either cut them or unscrew them and pour them in my Dannon Light Yogurt Drink then shake well.

PS- I take Ambien-CR and you cant crush them because they are Controlled Release. Dr Orcuza said its okay to take, but when you get a fill if you have problems you may have to switch your meds to just ambien so you can crush.

Cheers,

Tara

Stormy,

I heard that most people come in morning and are okay to go home same night. I guess you might need to stick around the area incase you may have to much restriction and need them to make an adjustment. It sounds like most people kinda know about 6-8 hours after fill if they may have too much restriction. I plan on flying in 2 or 3rd week of Nov and flying home same day.

Cheers,

Tara

Hi Stormy, great job on the 10 pounds!

I just got back from my first fill there and I got the "hotel package" where they pick you up at the airport and transport you to and from clinic and hotel. With the fill it came to $279. I have heard so many horror stories both on this board and off about blind fills that I won't have a fill done without using flouro. By planning ahead I found a smokin deal on a plane ticket through cheaptickets.com. Unless you know a doc locally that does fills under flouro I would save up to go to the OCC.

Congratulations on becoming a bandster. How's hubby doing?

Stormy- I can tell by your post that you deal with depression. Just try to focus on the positve things. You have lost 10 pounds and that must feel good. Also, you know you have this new life ahead of you were food will not control you. It will take time to get over the loss of abundant eatting, but I assure you the rewards are great. You will start to feel more confident in yourself. You will have more control over your life and you will have more energy for your son. House work will not be as physically demanding. All and all you will be happier. But, it's gotta start with you and that can't change until you put on new glasses at how you look at the world. I want this to be sucessful for you. I read this on the bottom of someone's posts or something like it...Weather you say you can or can't...your right. Those are big words to live by. Just trying to wake up tommorow and say it is a good day and behave like it is a good day...even if it is acting. Soon those days will turn out to be for real good days. Right now you are in what we call bandster hell...but it will help to make it thru to focus on the positive. Good luck.