Scheduled for band - OCT 1st

Hi All,

I am due to have a band fitted on the 1st oct and am really worried, I have never had any surgery before and read of all the horror stories of bands going wrong :(

I am currently 392lbs.

Any support or hint and tips welcome.

I am currently starving on the pre op milk and coffee diet :P

Welcome to the group!

I'm scheduled to be banded on Oct. 10 by Dr. Ortiz. Who is performing your surgery? I had surgery (breast reduction for the first time in Sept 2005) and it was such an easy, painless experience. You go to sleep and wake up all done.

I look forward to hearing about your progress through this adventure.

This group is great about answering questions. Also, it's a good idea to go back and read through the previous posts to get more answers to questions you might have.

Good luck!!

Jessica

Welcome and congrats on your decision.

Learn from the "not so pretty stories" and be inspired by the "triumphs" . If you work with the band, you will be successful. Listen to your body and you can avoid the horror stories.

Best of luck and if you have any questions or concerns, we're here to help and support you!!

Hi All,

I am due to have a band fitted on the 1st oct and am really worried, I have never had any surgery before and read of all the horror stories of bands going wrong :(

I am currently 392lbs.

Any support or hint and tips welcome.

I am currently starving on the pre op milk and coffee diet :P

Hi TheDon.

your pre-op diet consists of milk and coffee only?? that sounds really severe. did a nutritionist or doctor tell you to follow that diet?? are you getting your surgery done at dr ortiz' med center? i'm having my surgery oct2. hang in there and post on here as often as you like. ttyl hopefully. ;)

Hi TheDon :lb9:

Congrats on your decision to get the band. It will truly be the best thing you have ever done for yourself. I was the same way as you...worried....but I can honestly tell you that it was not difficult at all and I had absolutely no pain. I shopped for 6 hours the day after my surgery and the day of my surgery I went back to the hotel and got a wonderful nights sleep because I was doing so well. I know everyone is different, but I truly believe that keeping a positive attitude makes such a big difference.

I am concerned with your preop diet, however. You need more than coffee and milk. Let us know about why you are doing this diet if you don't mind. Are you taking any protein? You need it!