Loan falling through

Has anyone else been approved for their loan and been told it was funded and received a phone call saying the funding company is going "Under"? I am about ready to have a "COW"

And its one week before my surgery date so yes I could eat a cow!!!

Any feedback would be greatly appriciated

Susan

I am so sorry to hear, that!

Try Medicard their number is 1888-689-9876, they approved me in two days!

I hope something works out for you!

Jenelle

Medicard is for Canada. Indiana is in the US. ;) You can't get a line of credit without owning a house. It's almost impossible to get a signature loan with anyone but a company who specializes in medical loans and then you have to have pretty good credit and even then, the interest rate is unbelievably high.

I suspect that because of the crisis in the lending institutions that loan companies aren't writing loans like they used to.

I got a good deal for my lasik surgery - pay it back in 2 years with no interest. Shop around for medical loans and see what you can find. Stormy ran into some problems too but she was finally able to get what she needed.

Good luck,

Jena

thanks everyone

What a shock, I really wanted to do this on my own. But last night I ask hubby to help. ARRR I just hate to do that, its not like he spoon fed me to get me to fatdom!!!

ARRRR Im still very upset over the whole mess but he is going to try to help me out. I just hate to see him pull money out of his 401. But he said with what it is loosing right now it will work out. God love him. But still might put things off for a while.

Yes your right it because of all this finanical stuff going on right now. I guess there are alot of things going on in the finance world that I know nothing about. I just thank my lucky stars Im not buying a house right now..

Susan

I went through the financial horror too. I went to mymedicalloans.com, they finally approved me but it is at 22% interest, I will be paying for my whole life, but it is worth it to me. As soon as this financial stuff settles down, I will refinance it all, I hope

thanks everyone

What a shock, I really wanted to do this on my own. But last night I ask hubby to help. ARRR I just hate to do that, its not like he spoon fed me to get me to fatdom!!!

ARRRR Im still very upset over the whole mess but he is going to try to help me out. I just hate to see him pull money out of his 401. But he said with what it is loosing right now it will work out. God love him. But still might put things off for a while.

Yes your right it because of all this finanical stuff going on right now. I guess there are alot of things going on in the finance world that I know nothing about. I just thank my lucky stars Im not buying a house right now..

Susan

I am happy it's working out for you!! Good Luck with your surgery!

I was approved through some medical loan places too and the interest rates were insane! When my dad heard those he luckily offered to take some money out and i am paying him back interest free. It was funny though, I called the medical loan folks and told them I wouldn't need it after I was approved. Then, like 3 weeks later they tried to come back around and tell me I was now denied! What!? I was so confused it was like hey buddy....I rejected YOU!!! :P

I'm glad to hear it is all going to work out. Funny, fate has it's way of doing that it always works out as it should. :)

You can't get a line of credit without owning a house. It's almost impossible to get a signature loan with anyone but a company who specializes in medical loans and then you have to have pretty good credit and even then, the interest rate is unbelievably high.

I financed my gf's lapband surgery and I went through my local regions bank and got an $8500 line of credit @ 9% interest without any problem. I don't own a house, my debt at the time was about $25k in a car loan and college loan, and my credit rating was ~700-720(can't recall exactly, was a few months ago). Just an fyi

I can relate. I checked out the financing that the OCC suggested and they wanted like 15% interest and the bank puts a $1600 processing fee on top of the loan amount BEFORE the financing. it was totally ridiculous, so I went and took the money out of my 401k to pay for the surgery, interest is only 6% and I pay myself back. When I called the finance company to tell them "no thank you" they were worried that I was going with their competitor.