Hubby is a worry wart

So I guess the dog jumped on him and he told me this morning, he was worried that the band slipped. I tried to explain to him, this is unlikely. The dog could not do that type of damage that I know of. He has only had the band since Friday and I tried to tell him the pain he has is most likely gas. He just says it hurts and can't really explain to me how. When I called him at lunch, he thinks it may be going away but he said he thinks about it all the time. He asked me last night, what if it moves, will he know. All I can tell him, is I worry too and to just not think about it. We are being faithful to the liquid diet so that is all we can do. Ok I sucked on a piece of chocolate yesterday, I couldnt help it. It was sooo good. But I am trying to be good. I have 16 days left on liquids, then I am going to get me a chicken sandwhich. I sure hope it dont hurt. My incisions appear to be healing ok, they are itching and a little red but I think they are ok. I am trying to be positive that I will heal and that things will go well. I am very happy about how things went down there so that helps. Any support you guys can give, please do. Anything you do to keep from worrying about slippage, any ideas, send them this way. Thanks

I was banded in Raleigh and my doctor said that he stitches the band to the stomach. He does this so it will not slip.

I am absolutely delighted with the band and the results so far (28 lbs. in 17 weeks).

However, it is really only a tool. You still have to change your life style to make a permanent change. The band only helps you reduce the quantity of food and keeps you full longer.

Follow the Dr.'s advice and you can succeed. I would get banded again, if I ever needed it.

I was banded in Raleigh and my doctor said that he stitches the band to the stomach. He does this so it will not slip.

I am absolutely delighted with the band and the results so far (28 lbs. in 17 weeks).

However, it is really only a tool. You still have to change your life style to make a permanent change. The band only helps you reduce the quantity of food and keeps you full longer.

Follow the Dr.'s advice and you can succeed. I would get banded again, if I ever needed it.

We are following the diet, believe me. One peice of chocolate is not going to stop me. I have 15 days to go and I know we can do it

OK Stormy,

I just couldn't resist. Ask hubby whats gonna happen the first time he wants to get frisky. Maybe his band will slip!!!

That is one I would tease him about for a long time.

I know Its kind of mean but I'm feeling kind of bad tonight :lb12:

Susan

The plain truth is...men are sucks...when they get sick or injured they milk it for all it's worth...you had the same surgery and continue to perform your usual wifely and motherly duties...tell him to stop worrying, everything is fine, the band is inside his body and the dog jumping on him cannot touch that.