I dont feel well

So I am 6 days post op and I have started my cycle, so I am having cramps. But I also feel kinda strange. Bloated but ickey. Kinda Achey, like my body hurts. I cant explain it. I feel like my stomach is sticking way out there. Sometimes I get pain in my chest, I know this is gas but I wonder if having coffee is affecting me. I had one cup this morning. I feel like I should stay home from work and rest but then I feel guilty. I'm tired but then again I am not. It does'nt make any sense. Am I starving to death? Am I dehydrated? I really haven't drank any water today. Maybe that is it. But these cramps they are terrible and I can't take my 800 mg pill, it is too big. I may try to cut it into 4 pieces. I feel a bit confused. Almost cold. I am cold. Maybe I am catching something. Maybe I better stay home and not go back to work. This is awful.

I know how you feel! I am 7 days post op and I am finally just starting to feel better today. It will get better! As far as the pain goes, I had a severe headache nd the only thing that helps me is motrin/ibuprofen. I hate the childrens chewables, but it was better than the pain. I figured out the 800 mg dosage and chewed the heck out of the tablets. Hope you feel better soon!

So I am 6 days post op and I have started my cycle, so I am having cramps. But I also feel kinda strange. Bloated but ickey. Kinda Achey, like my body hurts. I cant explain it. I feel like my stomach is sticking way out there. Sometimes I get pain in my chest, I know this is gas but I wonder if having coffee is affecting me. I had one cup this morning. I feel like I should stay home from work and rest but then I feel guilty. I'm tired but then again I am not. It does'nt make any sense. Am I starving to death? Am I dehydrated? I really haven't drank any water today. Maybe that is it. But these cramps they are terrible and I can't take my 800 mg pill, it is too big. I may try to cut it into 4 pieces. I feel a bit confused. Almost cold. I am cold. Maybe I am catching something. Maybe I better stay home and not go back to work. This is awful.

Sounds pretty normal for post-op to me. Your body is going through a "detox" or "withdrawal" period from all the carbs and sugar and everything else that is bad for you we all ate before surgery. You also are sure to be dehydrated if you havn't drank any water and it's after noon. You must keep the fluids going almost non-stop. You MUST drink protein water to get some protein in. You must rest as you need it so your body will heal. Many of us started our cycles after surgery, it's a weird thing that happens. Use a heating pad on your tummy and wherever else you hurt. No reason to feel guilty, you just had surgery for heaven's sake. Our bodies take time to heal and sometimes it hits you more after several days. Especially since you are only having liquids. The coffee is not the best especially when that's all you had. Caffeine dehydrates you. Set a goal and for every hour get a glass of something to drink and make sure you drink at least 8 oz every hour while awake. Yes that sound like alot and is but even if you get 4 ounces an hour you need liquids. Your body needs fluids to make you feel better. You are past day 4 so you should get some drinkable yogurt smoothies and those will also make you feel better. They were a lifesaver for me. Hubby too on all the above mentioned things!!

:lb4:

If I remember and am counting right TOMORROW you get full liquids. Go to Safeway and buy some of their homemade soup it is the BEST. I lived on the Tuscan tomato basil bisque. It has no chunks and is devine!! Splurge on this and also get some puddings, frozen fudgesicles by skinny cow are also great. This is the time to try and be creative, don't worry about calories or anything else. You are in the most important phase of post-op so be good to yourself.

Call me tonight I will be home and I would love to talk to you. I leave tomorrow for the OCC for my 2nd fill.

Hugs to ya sweetie!!

Best advice I can give is to make sure you're getting enough calories and proteins. You can feel pretty severely icky if you skimp in those two areas. Also, walk walk walk. It will get the blood flowing and help with healing as well as help work the gas out of your system.

I bet your just feeling extra icky because its "That time"

The heating pad sounds like a good idea, and try a nap it always works. Then get up and walk some. Drink some and if need be take another nap. Be good to your self.

Susan

Hi,

I went through the exact same symptoms that you have. I had some blood work done and my potassium was low. So the Dr. added potassium & I added a b-12 sub lingual. My blood sugar was also going crazy up & down which can make you feel cold, tired, & sick. Then I was really tired for about about 6 weeks post-op. But I feel like a new person now.

Hang in there, you will be done with the recovery before you know it and can start reaping the rewards!!!

Take care,

Amy

Sounds pretty normal for post-op to me. Your body is going through a "detox" or "withdrawal" period from all the carbs and sugar and everything else that is bad for you we all ate before surgery. You also are sure to be dehydrated if you havn't drank any water and it's after noon. You must keep the fluids going almost non-stop. You MUST drink protein water to get some protein in. You must rest as you need it so your body will heal. Many of us started our cycles after surgery, it's a weird thing that happens. Use a heating pad on your tummy and wherever else you hurt. No reason to feel guilty, you just had surgery for heaven's sake. Our bodies take time to heal and sometimes it hits you more after several days. Especially since you are only having liquids. The coffee is not the best especially when that's all you had. Caffeine dehydrates you. Set a goal and for every hour get a glass of something to drink and make sure you drink at least 8 oz every hour while awake. Yes that sound like alot and is but even if you get 4 ounces an hour you need liquids. Your body needs fluids to make you feel better. You are past day 4 so you should get some drinkable yogurt smoothies and those will also make you feel better. They were a lifesaver for me. Hubby too on all the above mentioned things!!

:lb4:

If I remember and am counting right TOMORROW you get full liquids. Go to Safeway and buy some of their homemade soup it is the BEST. I lived on the Tuscan tomato basil bisque. It has no chunks and is devine!! Splurge on this and also get some puddings, frozen fudgesicles by skinny cow are also great. This is the time to try and be creative, don't worry about calories or anything else. You are in the most important phase of post-op so be good to yourself.

Call me tonight I will be home and I would love to talk to you. I leave tomorrow for the OCC for my 2nd fill.

Hugs to ya sweetie!!

I love that Tuscan tomato basil bisque too, but it is very high in sodium! Like 720 gr per 1 cup!! I stopped eating those high sodium soups and look for

less salt ones. Trader Joe's has some great creamy soups that are easy on the salt...

I think part of it is I dont know when to stop drinking. I had my slim fast and now I have a headache and my chest kinda hurts and I didn't even drink the whole thing. It is a learning curve probably to figure out when you are full. I dont know what the feeling is like just yet.

Hi Stormy, the way I judge it is...if you start to feel uncomfortable, in your throat, your chest or stomach, stop!

You can't over drink, you can over eat...your on liquids right now and they cannot stretch your band...so drink until you feel full or the feelings above and be aware of how your body gives you signals.

Have a great day!!