Not doing too well

Julie you work in a hospital right?

Another member here, who asked me not to mention her name told me a story of going to the OCC for a fill and being just about as tight and uncomfortable as you are now and going back to the OCC wasn't an option (either because it was too far or the money was too much) anyways her aunt is a nurse so she had her get a huber needle and take some of the fill out for her.

Obviously I wouldn't suggest this to anyone because you can risk damage to your port/band but given the extreme nature of your problem maybe you should ask someone about it, possibly someone that has worked with ports in other types of patients and maybe you can get some relief.

After that member had her aunt take .3ccs out of her band she was perfect and hasn't needed another fill or unfill since then and is still losing weight!

You are too cute Michelle. Believe me I have thought of doing it myself. I actually just got an appointment in Salem(1 hour away) at Fill Center USA for an unfill. They can see me at 11:15 so I need to hurry up and shower. I'll let you all know how it goes, they don't have fluoro but that's OK. The needle mark is still visible from the fill on Friday so they should be able to get it!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are too cute Michelle. Believe me I have thought of doing it myself. I actually just got an appointment in Salem(1 hour away) at Fill Center USA for an unfill. They can see me at 11:15 so I need to hurry up and shower. I'll let you all know how it goes, they don't have fluoro but that's OK. The needle mark is still visible from the fill on Friday so they should be able to get it!

Please let us know how it went. I live in AL, so I will try to get my fills at the Fill Center in Roswell, GA. They do have flouro. Let me know what you think about the facility and type of care you receive.

Best of luck,

Kimberly

Julie, I am so sorry! I hope everything will turn out to be o.k. I'm sure the Fill Center is a great option!

PLEASE KEEP US POSTED !!!!!

MrsParris - Darlene (NP) who does the fills at the Fill Center in Roswell is absolutely great! You will love her!

thank goodness you got through to Salem. Please let us know how it goes. I have considered going there for my fill. Let me know what you think of them. Good luck and thank goodness!!

Julie, I am so sorry! I hope everything will turn out to be o.k. I'm sure the Fill Center is a great option!

PLEASE KEEP US POSTED !!!!!

MrsParris - Darlene (NP) who does the fills at the Fill Center in Roswell is absolutely great! You will love her!

I actually don't live on the east coast, I live on the west. I went to Salem Oregon Fill Center USA. It was a great experience and I highly recommend them to anyone.

thank goodness you got through to Salem. Please let us know how it goes. I have considered going there for my fill. Let me know what you think of them. Good luck and thank goodness!!

I would highly recommend this place to anyone. The critical thing I have learned is that you need to have aftercare (fills) close to home or be able to fork out a tone of money to fly back to TJ on a days notice if you have problems. The fluoro was certainly not helpful in this situation. Yes there are good reasons for the fluoro but when I way those with the ability to get urgent care if needed I will certainly be going locally from now on.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone. The critical thing I have learned is that you need to have aftercare (fills) close to home or be able to fork out a tone of money to fly back to TJ on a days notice if you have problems. The fluoro was certainly not helpful in this situation. Yes there are good reasons for the fluoro but when I way those with the ability to get urgent care if needed I will certainly be going locally from now on.

How much did they end up charging you? It sounds like they are very good cause they got you in right away. If the Olympia one dont work out, I may use that one.

Hey Julie - sorry for the delay in a rsponse. I have my fills done by Dr. Christine Ren at NYU program for surgical weight loss in NYC. She is FABULOUS! I called her office, and the secretary told me to come in right away. She said that even thouh Dr. Ren is out on vacation that one of the Dr's will see me as soon as I get there as this is considered a medical emergency.

I am sorry that you have had such bad luck with the Drs at the OCC. I, quite frankly, am shocked. I have always thought of Dr's Ortiz and Martinez in the highest regard, but shame on them for not getting back to you ASAP!! Not being able to keep down even liquids is a true medical emergency that needs to be taken care of. I am so sorry to hear that you had so much trouble. Are you doing okay now?? Let me know how you are making out ><' HUGS!!

Hey Julie.... ><' I'm so happy that you were able to get relief so close to home and are feeling better. I can't imagine going through what you went through, but good on you, for coming on here for support and keeping everyone abreast of how you were doing. Hope you're feeling alot better. Take Care! Anita