DECEMBER SURGERIES AND FILLS

As you know,, I have to post this a couple months ahead of everyones surgery or first fill. I can say that a new patient that schedules their surgery in the month of December must have an agenda. To schedule your surgery right smack in the middle of the fatting season takes nerves of steel!! LOL. I congratulate you for making this decision. This topic is the place to meet your new bandster buddies and to see who's going to be at the OCC at the same time you're there. So,, Lets hear it from all of you that have scheduled your surgery or fill in the month of December.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing the procedure on November 20 and getting my first fill on December 27 at the OCC....(Taking my family from Mesa, over to San Deigo on the 26th for the day, then back to Mesa as they fly back to Canada on the 28 and 29th...rush!!!) If everything works out I will get my final fill prior to my wife and I heading back to Campbell River in early April.....

:wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

I AM planning ahead and I am having my first fill on Sat, Dec 6 at OCC, which will be 8 weeks out from my surgery.

I know we are suppose to come between the 6th and 8th weeks after our surgery, but I couldn't see getting a fill before Thanksgiving and having a 'tight' fill and drinking liquids while others were going to EAT food and, of course, the weekend after Thanksgiving is our Xmas 3-day shopping spree marathon! LOL

Cheryl - wishing you and your sister good luck with your surgery! Maybe I might see you there!

I've been researching and lurking around these sights for more than three years. After attending a WLS support group last week, I decided to book my surgery. I'm having it on Dec 2nd. My mom will be flying down with me. I'm from Vancouver, BC, Canada. Can't wait to start teh next chapter of my life!

• 2 weeks later...

AWWW...Nuts! My plans to have my first fill on Sat, Dec 6 has been changed and upped to Sat, Nov 22 ~ the weekend before Thanksgiving. So, I will not be able to see you all as planned. Please keep us posted on the forum!

We will see you all on the 'other' side soon enough!

Hey ladies! My surgery is Tuesday, Dec 2nd but I plan to be at the hotel until the morning of Friday, Dec 5th so I guess I'll see you there! If I understand the rules properly, we should be able to eat small amounts of solid foods just in time for Xmas! What a great Xmas gift after weeks of liquids!

Cheryl,

It would be great to see you at the OCC! :D

Me, Kristy

I will be getting my first fill on Dec 6th so see you there!!

Hi my name is katelyn, My band date is Dec 18th. I am so excited, right now I have been working really hard of exercising and watching what I am eating, also practicing eating slower, and smaller portions. Is anyone else getting banded on this date?

weight.png

I'm traveling with my sister to get surgery done on December 5th. I'm sooo nervous. I'm the most nervous that this will be like every other thing I've tried and not work. ;) I'm trying to be positive and go for it! I chose the holidays on purpose, becuase I didn't want to go through another Holiday season gaining the requisite 10 pounds which I then spend the next 6 months trying to loose. :lol: See you all there!

Hello there!

My husband finally said Yes! :D So I am having surgery Dec 12, not a good time since I always have Cristhmas dinner with the whole family at home, but I will manage.

Keep up the good work gals and guys! :)

Hi Carla,

My mom and I will also be there for surgery on 12/12. We fly in the night before, how about you?

Cindy

Hey Carla,

I'm getting my surgery done on Dec 12th also. Are you going to Tijuana? I just scheduled mine two days ago. My mom is coming with me. Who's going with you? I am so excited, yet scared too.

Hi Leahs mom,

My mom and I are flying in 12/11 for surgery 12/12. I brought my son (30 y/o) down to Dr Ortiz last March, he's done so well, my mom and I have decoded to get it done together!

Cindy

I am going for a fill on Dec 12 ( I hope). I went on Nov 6 for a fill and instead got an unfill because I have too large of a stomach pouch.He put me on a liquid diet for 2wks hopefully that will solve it. I did want to say congratulations to everyone on their upcoming surgery. I had mine done about 4yrs ago went by myself and had no problems.

Hey Carla,

I'm getting my surgery done on Dec 12th also. Are you going to Tijuana? I just scheduled mine two days ago. My mom is coming with me. Who's going with you? I am so excited, yet scared too.

hi there, sorry I did not answer earlier but I've been a little busy. I actually moved my date from the 12th to the 5th. I could not wait any longer! :) . I wasn't scared before, but I am ow that the day is getting closer :wacko: but I try to calm adn think that it's the beggining of something really good!

Good luck with your surgery and for sure I will be posting the news after mine :D

Take care

Hi,

My 16 year daughter will be Banded on Dec 12. Anyone out there on the same day? Maybe we can meet up in Mx. I think

I am just as excited as my daughter. I was just wondering if anyone call tell what I should bring for her(i.e. water, apple juices, chewable vitamins, etc), etc. Please let me know, will really appreciate it!!!! Oh, what about clothes? sweats,jeans???Thanks,

:D