DECEMBER SURGERIES AND FILLS

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My twin sister and I are both scheduled for surgery 12/29. It's going to be tough to follow the pre-op diet plan right through the holidays.

Goodness another set of twins! LOL...welcome and congrats on your decisions ~ you will not regret it and get ready for an amazing ride!

Browse through this thread, as there is another person having surgery the same day as you two! Come back if you have any questions or concerns ~ we are here to help guide you!

Good luck and we will see you on the 'other' side, to Bandland!

My twin sister and I are both scheduled for surgery 12/29. It's going to be tough to follow the pre-op diet plan right through the holidays.

The 29th is my date too!! I hope you and your twin do well. I'm so worried about the holiday pre-op diet too. Oh well, we can do it.

I will look for the two curly ladies. I am 5'2" with short blond hair. I'll be going to the hotel on the 28th. How 'bout you guys? Where are you from? I'm from California so I'll be driving. It is about a 4 to 5 hour drive. YUK. My 14 year old daughter and my ex-hubby are coming with me.

Thanks Jazzy Jude!

SheRee - maybe we'll run into each other. Look for two women with brown curly hair about 5'8" or so.

I really am looking forward to all of this.

How soon after surgery is the first fill normally?

First fill is between 6 and 8 weeks post op at OCC.

I will look for the two curly ladies. I am 5'2" with short blond hair. I'll be going to the hotel on the 28th. How 'bout you guys? Where are you from? I'm from California so I'll be driving. It is about a 4 to 5 hour drive. YUK. My 14 year old daughter and my ex-hubby are coming with me.

SheRee - is your name Sheree? Just wanted to be sure. We'll be flying down from Oregon on the 28th for surgery on the 29th and returning home on the 1st. Husbands are not happy we're missing New Years but they understand.

How long are you staying?

It's nice your daughter and ex-husband are coming with you, I imagine this will all be easier with family around for support.

I am booked for Dec 22 :) My kidlets are out of the country with their dad until Jan 12 so thought I would take advantage and get this done while they are away - plus since they are gone for xmas I am all sad lol - so this will keep my mind off things!

Congrats mansaw!! Welcome to the forum and good luck on your surgery. Oh what perfect timing for you and a wonderful Xmas gift to yourself. While they are away, you will be healing nicely and gathering your thoughts together for your new life with your band!

READ through the posts in the forum sections to gather LOTS of suggestions. Remember, every person's body is different, so there will be a lot of trial in errors on your part to see what's best for you.

Good Luck!

SheRee - is your name Sheree? Just wanted to be sure. We'll be flying down from Oregon on the 28th for surgery on the 29th and returning home on the 1st. Husbands are not happy we're missing New Years but they understand.

How long are you staying?

It's nice your daughter and ex-husband are coming with you, I imagine this will all be easier with family around for support.

Hi Dawn,

Yes my name is SheRee (sounds like Marie and it does have a capital R. My parents wanted to make sure people didn't call me Sherry.) Anyway, I'll be getting to the hotel on the 28th. My daughter can't come now because she has basketball practice and doesn't want to miss. So my ex and I will be alone together. I also have surgery on the 29th. We will be leaving on the 31st. I hate driving but I will probably sleep during some of the 5 hour drive. I'll try to post a picture befor then. I don't know how but my teenagers will.

Hi Dawn,

Yes my name is SheRee (sounds like Marie and it does have a capital R. My parents wanted to make sure people didn't call me Sherry.) Anyway, I'll be getting to the hotel on the 28th. My daughter can't come now because she has basketball practice and doesn't want to miss. So my ex and I will be alone together. I also have surgery on the 29th. We will be leaving on the 31st. I hate driving but I will probably sleep during some of the 5 hour drive. I'll try to post a picture befor then. I don't know how but my teenagers will.

Hi I am new here. Just like everyone here at one time or another. Well my Husband Dane is getting his surgery on the Dec 30th and we are arriving on the Dec 29th. We will be going home the 1st. So SheRee I might run into you. I hope everything turns out well for you and surgery goes smoothly

Carolyn

Hello, my surgery date was 12/22/08, Im on my third day of liquids and its Christmas day! Im not hungry but I do have the urge to eat, but I know its mental...My mom bought a pecan pie and of course it looked delicious!!! Im hanging in there but I must say I think if I were to do it again, I just may have chosen a later date...like after the holidays! LOL!

Hello, my surgery date was 12/22/08, Im on my third day of liquids and its Christmas day! Im not hungry but I do have the urge to eat, but I know its mental...My mom bought a pecan pie and of course it looked delicious!!! Im hanging in there but I must say I think if I were to do it again, I just may have chosen a later date...like after the holidays! LOL!

Yes, I agree with you. The holidays have been hard to point. I fixed the dinner for everyone and that kept me busy. I was exhausted by then so I sat and had my protein drink while they ate. But guess what I did do. I got out my food scale and weighed what my portion of meat was. That made me feel excited.

I was like seeing the end of the rainbow. I have 11 days to go until I get to eat real food. Hang in there. I keep reminding myself that the end product is what counts! Good luck with your following days. :)

Hey Carla,

I'm getting my surgery done on Dec 12th also. Are you going to Tijuana? I just scheduled mine two days ago. My mom is coming with me. Who's going with you? I am so excited, yet scared too.

Hi Leahsmom1027,

It's HappyMom, remember me? My daughter is doing GREAT!!!! She's in school, working and feel great.

How are u?

Sorry, I haven't posted before, I have been EXTREMELY BUSY. I can't wait for January 1!!!!!

My Mom and I will also have surgery on 12/12. My 30 y/o son had it done here in March....he's lost 64 pounds! Pack light, he wore shorts all weekend. I will bring shorts and sweat pants. She will need to be walking alot to get rid of the gas from surgery, so good walking shoes too.

See you then,

Cindy

Hi Jarvis,

How are you doing? How's your Mom? My daughter is doing great!!!!! I've been very busy at work, but I saw some of your

posts today.....

Talk to you soon,

HappyMom

I am scheduled for 12/30! I'm very excited, but a little nervous since this season I haven't lost much weight. I'm still wondering how I can lose 9 pounds in 3 days!!

Hey How cool. My husband is having surgery on Dec 30th too. Maybe we can meet up. Are you going to Tuijana too with Dr. Martinez? You might just want to keep drinking the protien shakes. I haven't seen anyone else on here that is having there surgery on Dec 30th. We are coming in on Dec 29th. So Hey just let me know maybe we can meet up before surgey. It would be cool to meet someone else who is having the same thing done.

Carolyn