Lost most of first fill! Why??

Hi all,

I learn so much reading here that I rarely have any questions/concerns to ask - a good time to thank all for all the awesome candid honest and helpful feedback given on this forum - you're an amazing group!

Now I do have a concern. I got my second fill today in NY (Dr. Ren at NYU). I was hoping for a lot because I haven't felt much restriction since soon after my first fill. Turns out there's a reason why. My first fill was 1.8CCs, but when she took out what I had today there was only .8CC!

I've read a few comments from people who've had similar experiences, but I'm a little freaked out. I asked Dr. Ren if I might have a leaky port and she reassured me that that was very unlikely. She said maybe they really only gave me .8 last time by mistake or maybe there was an air bubble in the band (??).

She filled me back to 1.8 since that was still a lot more than I had - and I feel a lot tighter for sure - I think more than I did right after my last fill - so who knows maybe I did just get .8 last time, although that seems crazy...

Anyway, I'd love to hear from folks who had this experience at their second fill -- and then everything worked out - either at your next fill the right amount was in there - or you stayed at a good spot after the second fill. It just feels confusing and I can't help but worry that I do have a leak that will need to be fixed surgically.

Any feedback would be much appreciated - thanks!!

Susan

Hi all,

I learn so much reading here that I rarely have any questions/concerns to ask - a good time to thank all for all the awesome candid honest and helpful feedback given on this forum - you're an amazing group!

Now I do have a concern. I got my second fill today in NY (Dr. Ren at NYU). I was hoping for a lot because I haven't felt much restriction since soon after my first fill. Turns out there's a reason why. My first fill was 1.8CCs, but when she took out what I had today there was only .8CC!

I've read a few comments from people who've had similar experiences, but I'm a little freaked out. I asked Dr. Ren if I might have a leaky port and she reassured me that that was very unlikely. She said maybe they really only gave me .8 last time by mistake or maybe there was an air bubble in the band (??).

She filled me back to 1.8 since that was still a lot more than I had - and I feel a lot tighter for sure - I think more than I did right after my last fill - so who knows maybe I did just get .8 last time, although that seems crazy...

Anyway, I'd love to hear from folks who had this experience at their second fill -- and then everything worked out - either at your next fill the right amount was in there - or you stayed at a good spot after the second fill. It just feels confusing and I can't help but worry that I do have a leak that will need to be fixed surgically.

Any feedback would be much appreciated - thanks!!

Susan

I have 1.8 cc in a 4 cc band over two fills and I haven't had an issue. I have heard however that air sometimes does get into the band and dissipates. I would check with your next fill, if there is a loss then I'd be concerned.

I have 1.8 cc in a 4 cc band over two fills and I haven't had an issue. I have heard however that air sometimes does get into the band and dissipates. I would check with your next fill, if there is a loss then I'd be concerned.

Thanks Jann!

I'm starting to think what must have happened is that there must have been an air bubble, and so the doc couldn't pull out what was below the bubble (finally figured out that option) because I feel REALLY tight! I'm thinking maybe I actually have 2.8cc total now. I had a hard time getting creamy soup down last night, but finally did - and then PBd on water before bed. I may give it another day to see how it goes and then go back for a little unfill.

Having a hard time with the few sips of water I just took to take my pills. Ugh!

When I went for my 2nd fill last friday they pulled out what I had placed 2.0 cc exactly. When I went for the unfil on Tuesday, only 4 days later, They pulled out only 2.5 cc when the OCC had placed 2.8 cc. So .3 cc lost in 4 days. It's got to be air bubbles or something. I have yet to figure it out but I do read about it happening more than just rarely.

So I got nervous when I could barely drink tea this morning and went and got a little unfill today - just .2cc out. So now I have somewhere between 1.6cc and 2.6cc I guess. The good news is that the full 1.8cc was still in there today - so my doc felt confident that I don't have a leak. I have another appt in a month - so if I need more I'll get some soon.

Thanks for the info Julie - interesting that you lost a little bit in such a short time too! It is a puzzle I tell ya! I hope you're doing better now.

Kittycat - how interesting that you have issues with water regularly! I'm guessing that you generally are doing okay with solids though - yes? I felt like, if I was PBing on water I'd never be able to handle solids, but maybe that's not true. My doc wants me on liquids and then mushies for a few more days - and then can't wait to see how I do with solids. Thanks for the luck - I may need it! :)