Help! Contemplating The Band...

Wassup BigDaddy, I'm a BIG Daddy too. I was banded Aug 14 in Mexico by Dr. Ortiz and haven't looked back. I am down over 80 lbs. since the diet started on July 1. I am still a Big guy, just not as big.

That's awesome. I can't wait to be saying the same thing!

I too knew I had sleep apnea but didn't want to get tested because I just 'knew' I wouldn't wear the mask. I have problems with sinuses and they burn all the time and having air pushed up there was not something I thought I could tolerate. It finally got so bad that I was falling asleep at work and if I didn't at least get tested, I would have been fired. I was tested and told I have severe sleep apnea and stop breathing 55 times an hour. 55 times! Thats like every breath, every second! My doctor BEGGED me to try the machine telling me that most people do not understand how deadly sleep apnea is. Many many people DIE from it. When you hear of people dying in their sleep, a lot of it is because of sleep apnea.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I VERY reluctantly gave it a try. All I can say is, I AM AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY was I so stubborn? I have never felt better in my life!!!!!!! My sinus problem? That darn machine FIXED my problem! For the first time in years, my sinuses no longer burned with every breathe I take! The humidifyer on the machine takes care of that. Sure, it's uncomfortable getting used to the mask, but I hae not gone a night without it since I was tested. I have more energy, my headaches were instantly stopped, I stopped falling asleep at my desk.

In short, I was the LAST person to ever believe I would/could wear the mask and refused it for so long, but now, I will not EVER go without out. I have not slept without one time since I got it 2 year ago. That sucker goes with me as my carry on on planes and never leaves my hand. I LOVE my machine and I am married to it!

So, if you want to live and you want your twins to have a father - then PLEASE get tested and at least TRY the machine. You won't believe how wonderful your life will be because of it! I PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO MAKE THAT PHONE CALL!

Already done and the Band is responsible for me making that call. My wife has been on my cse for a few years as well as those sleeping spells at work. I finally went and couldn't believe the results. I stopped breathing 79 times an hour which meant that I never have a sound sleep at all. I actually can't wait until tomorrow for the CPAP calibration test so I can start making up for lost time. My original concern was turning my wife off by having to sleep with a masked man,but she said she will happily sleep with "Zorro" as long as she doesn't have to wear her IPOD to bed anymore.LOL