Dolittle's plastic surgery blog

Dolittle

Hi to all lapband forum members. I've decided to start a blog on my (LBL) lower body lift plastic surgery journey. Your all welcome to read it and I hope I can educate the members with my plastic surgery journey. I have only one entry so far,, but I should be adding entries as it gets closer to my surgery and I arrive in San Diego.

Today I added some pre-op pictures and some post-op pictures of my Lower Body Lift at Cosmed. I need to remind everyone that I have a lot of post-op swelling. So it's hard to see the results.

So nice to hear from you Dolittle and glad you are on the mend. I saw the pics and wow, what a difference!!

How long did you take off work to do this? I hope to be able to have it next summer or fall and some say 2 weeks is enough, I work in an office job, so sit all day, but I need to concentrate as well, so working in pain is not the ideal.

Take care and I can't wait to see some pics of the finished product.

Today I added some pre-op pictures and some post-op pictures of my Lower Body Lift at Cosmed. I need to remind everyone that I have a lot of post-op swelling. So it's hard to see the results.

Doolittle, the photos look great, and you can really see the improvement even though you say there's still a lot of swelling. Your pictures make me see that there is hope for me! I was hoping to get the same surgery, along with arm reduction this fall, but the economic woes have really hit our savings and I'm afraid my husband would jump off a high building if I withdrew anything from our savings account for surgery right now.

Hope your recovery continues to go well and you are feeling fine. Thanks for putting your photos out there for us to see.

Guest CaraMBA09

Hi Dolittle

Is this what you call a body lift?

I am a squemish person anyways, gosh, you look so sore. I really hope you are doing well and on the mend to the hot sassy you.

Did you have the surgery in TJ?

If so, where?

Would you recommend them?

So nice to hear from you Dolittle and glad you are on the mend. I saw the pics and wow, what a difference!!

How long did you take off work to do this? I hope to be able to have it next summer or fall and some say 2 weeks is enough, I work in an office job, so sit all day, but I need to concentrate as well, so working in pain is not the ideal.

Take care and I can't wait to see some pics of the finished product.

I was off two weeks, then went back to work,, but I was wore out by the end of the day. Tomorrow will be the 3 week mark since my surgery and I'm still in some pain, drainage tubes, etc. Everyday gets better,, but its a slow process. I had this done at the Cosmed Clinic in TJ. Dr. Quiroz and Dr. Ortiz are buddies. While Dr. Quiroz was doing my LBL he buried my port, its not sticking out any more. Heck,, I don't know where its at,, I can't even feel it.

Hey Dolittle I will be having my LBL on JAn 26 and was told that in ten days the drains would be removed. Are your drains gone and if so when and if not when will you have to go back and remove them? I dont want to stay down there any longer if they are going to send me home and remove them several weeks later. Thanks and any advice for my upcoming surgery. You look great!!

Hey Dolittle I will be having my LBL on JAn 26 and was told that in ten days the drains would be removed. Are your drains gone and if so when and if not when will you have to go back and remove them? I dont want to stay down there any longer if they are going to send me home and remove them several weeks later. Thanks and any advice for my upcoming surgery. You look great!!

It's been 21 days since my LBL, I still have the left drain inside of me, Dr. Quiroz wanted to keep it in me a little longer than normal. They come out real easy, just clip the stitches and pull, they slide right out. You can do this yourself. I'm glad the pictures are of some help to all of you that are looking into having a LBL. I still haven't decided if this is worth it or not. I guess as time goes by and I can see the results I'll have a better perspective.

It's been 21 days since my LBL, I still have the left drain inside of me, Dr. Quiroz wanted to keep it in me a little longer than normal. They come out real easy, just clip the stitches and pull, they slide right out. You can do this yourself. I'm glad the pictures are of some help to all of you that are looking into having a LBL. I still haven't decided if this is worth it or not. I guess as time goes by and I can see the results I'll have a better perspective.

It's early days and you've been through a lot. I ached when I saw your pics, Doolittle. It will totally be worth it when the swelling goes down and you heal.

Jann

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm new to "blogging" so I don't know how to look at Dolittle's Blog - is it a separate website? How do I go there and see it?

Thanks!

Suzie

p.s. Hope you all had an "unfull" Thanksgiving!!!

Hi all,

I'm new to "blogging" so I don't know how to look at Dolittle's Blog - is it a separate website? How do I go there and see it?

Thanks!

Suzie

p.s. Hope you all had an "unfull" Thanksgiving!!!

See if this link takes you there, if not,, at the top of this page click on blogs and it should take you into the blog section of the forum. The blog is listed backwards,, with the newest entry at the top of the page.

Visit My Blog

• 1 month later...
Dolittle! You are coming along nicely. Do you regret doing this LBL? Are you satisfy so far?

Thanks for the compliment,, Do I regret doing the LBL??? I'd say no,, but the jury is still out on if I'm satisfied. With the swelling and numbness is hard to tell if I'm going to have good results versus great results,, I guess time will tell,, We'll just have to compare photo's when I post the 6 month pictures. It would hurt either if I get rid of the 15 pounds I gained since the LBL. Like I said in my blog,, I have a appointment to get my band adjusted, put back that .5cc's and I'll have my restriction back, start exercising and we'll just see the pictures at the end of April.