Cell phone service in Tiajuana.

MrsParris

I have Verizon cell phone service. Has anyone had any experience with it while in TJ?

Thanks,

Kimberly

Well, I have ATT and it did not work. I had to call my friend from the hotel and have her

quickly add Mexico to my plan so I could talk to my kids. I stupidly assumed because it's

a hop, skip and a jump from the border that it would still work... NOPE!

I would add international to your plan, temporarily.

B)

Our Phone did work but at .99 cents a minute $.05 to receive text and $.50 to send one so we did not use it much. The phones at OCC were pretty much all we used and used our phone 2 times quickly. We called to see if we could make it an international plan while we were down there and they don't do that any more. Give them a call see if its any different for you???

I've had much experience with the cells. DO NOT buy a cell phone from Mexico. Talk about a rip off! It never worked either!

BEFORE you go, call your cell company and request that they put you on that plan, WITH your current plan. When you return, have them remove it. It's pricy but cheaper than using their phones and rate plan.

What you should be more concerned with is where you will be staying while there, if outside of a hospital or facility. Let me know if you need help. I've been there many, many times.

Guest CaraMBA09
Thanks everyone!

I have T-Mobile and also assumed I would just "have" service...NOT so

My husband had to call and add international for a few days and even then I had very sketchy service.

• 2 months later...

I went to TJ on Nov. 30th to Dec. 3rd and I have service with Alltel. I could use my phone and not be roaming while I was in the hotel room. I was pool side though. On the other hand my Aunt has service with Verizon and she didn't have service at all. She had even called them to make sure she would be able to use her phone while she was there and also did the *228 and followed the instructions and still didn't have service. So, I guess it all depends on the service that you have...