Portland area get together

Thanks for the info Stormy, Just don't want to drink and drive, My family lives downtown, North Portland and Troutdale. So I think I will grab a room by

the mall, do some shopping and take advantage of no sales tax. This should be fun. Looking foward to meeting everyone.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info Stormy, Just don't want to drink and drive, My family lives downtown, North Portland and Troutdale. So I think I will grab a room by

the mall, do some shopping and take advantage of no sales tax. This should be fun. Looking foward to meeting everyone.

Oh ya I love no sales tax. There are alot of hotels next to Clackamas Town Center. That should be easy. From what I was told once you get the band, you have to watch how you drink. So I will have to be real careful, I dont want to get totally messed up on my face drunk. HA@! How embarrassing. But you guys are like family. Do dont tell anyone.HA! HA! My sisters restraurant is kind of a hole in the wall but she has good food and we will be all to ourselves. I think we will have fun. I think I may have her famous steak if I can chew it enough. She told me today if there is enough people she will bring in two cooks and extra wait staff to make sure we are taken care of. I love great service, even if she is my sister, I expect the best. :D

Lisa, I will let you know what i book, it will be close to the mall. I won't be able to carpool down, I will have to make this a family thing, so I will probably come on a wednesday and go back on a monday, but we can all ride to the restaurant together.

Stormy, I am a bartender and I love hole in the wall places, my husband and I always try to find them when we travel. they are the best!! I get drunk quickly since i have been banded :lb12: but I still enjoy my cocktails, just not as many, or sometimes to many.

Anyway lets keep everyone updated and keep this post bumped until everyone in the Northwest knows.

Lisa, I will let you know what i book, it will be close to the mall. I won't be able to carpool down, I will have to make this a family thing, so I will probably come on a wednesday and go back on a monday, but we can all ride to the restaurant together.

Stormy, I am a bartender and I love hole in the wall places, my husband and I always try to find them when we travel. they are the best!! I get drunk quickly since i have been banded :lb12: but I still enjoy my cocktails, just not as many, or sometimes to many.

Anyway lets keep everyone updated and keep this post bumped until everyone in the Northwest knows.

you and my sister will get along great, she is a bartender turned owner. She is a hoot!

Oh ya I love no sales tax. There are alot of hotels next to Clackamas Town Center. That should be easy. From what I was told once you get the band, you have to watch how you drink. So I will have to be real careful, I dont want to get totally messed up on my face drunk. HA@! How embarrassing. But you guys are like family. Do dont tell anyone.HA! HA! My sisters restraurant is kind of a hole in the wall but she has good food and we will be all to ourselves. I think we will have fun. I think I may have her famous steak if I can chew it enough. She told me today if there is enough people she will bring in two cooks and extra wait staff to make sure we are taken care of. I love great service, even if she is my sister, I expect the best. :D

MY STEP MOM AND GRANDMA RAN A BAR OUT IN BUCKLEY, WA, JUST A HOLE IN THE WALL ITSELF. THEY WERE ONLY OPEN ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHTS TO A SOLD OUT CROWD WEEKEND AFTER WEEKEND. THEY DID A COMEDY / SING ALONG TO BAR TUNES TYPE ACT. THE HUBBY AND I LOVE DIVE BARS WITH ATMOSPHERE. I CAN'T WAIT STORMY, THANKS FOR WORKING OUT ALL THE DETAILS FOR US

HERES THEIR MYSPACE WITH A FEW OF THEIR TUNES:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=412622177

Guest CaraMBA09
Hey Cara, I will be getting a room for that night, You can bunk with me if you like, I just talked to carolyn who was banded the same day as myself

and she lives in Portland, she would love to come as well, so this should be a good time.

YoYo, you know how dangerous it is when ex-bartenders get together? LOL

It sounds like I may be coming down with Lisal, just keep us posted where you will be staying. I will know in the next two weeks if I can make it or not.

C

MY STEP MOM AND GRANDMA RAN A BAR OUT IN BUCKLEY, WA, JUST A HOLE IN THE WALL ITSELF. THEY WERE ONLY OPEN ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHTS TO A SOLD OUT CROWD WEEKEND AFTER WEEKEND. THEY DID A COMEDY / SING ALONG TO BAR TUNES TYPE ACT. THE HUBBY AND I LOVE DIVE BARS WITH ATMOSPHERE. I CAN'T WAIT STORMY, THANKS FOR WORKING OUT ALL THE DETAILS FOR US

HERES THEIR MYSPACE WITH A FEW OF THEIR TUNES:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=412622177

too funny, is the bar still there???

the songs where so funny :lol: My claim to fame is breaking out with the chicken dance at a moments notice, carry the music with me at all times.

Hi Julie,

I would LOVE to attend your gathering. I was banded July 21st and read the forum daily. You are always so sweet and understanding while still being supportive and informative! It would be so nice to meet ya in person. Just one question, is Clackamas close to Portland? I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and would fly in/out via Southwest on the same day...just unsure if this is a 6 hour drive or 45 minutes.

I'm going for my 2nd fill at the OCC tomorrow. After hearing of your experience I've been considering finding an alternate fill location. At my first fill I asked them to be conservative as I feared being overfilled. The Dr. filled me with 2 cc (4cc band) and said he could still add more, I declined. It's so frustrating because I can eat just as much as I could before. Your explanation in regards to esophageal erosion when we overeat was great. Like many things in life, just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD...sigh...

Wish me luck tomorrow and hopefully we'll meet in Clackamas!

Hi Michelle:

Hope all goes well with your fill. Be careful to really asess it before you leave TJ. If it feel to tigh right away(or later that night) it probably is.

What an honor if you do end up coming to our little get together, flying and all. It will be soooo much fun to finally meet all the wonderful people close to home on here.

Let us know how the fill goes

YoYo, you know how dangerous it is when ex-bartenders get together? LOL

It sounds like I may be coming down with Lisal, just keep us posted where you will be staying. I will know in the next two weeks if I can make it or not.

C

EXACTLY!!!! I will let you guys know for sure where I book my room for that night.. Hope you can make it :rolleyes:

Ok so now with folks staying overnight we may need to find some good places for us to get out and rip up the carpet!! I don't go out at all anymore so I am out of touch with where we would be comfortable do to this. So many places are for the teenie boppers, not that we don't have that in our hearts but you know what I mean. I do know of a great place but it's in Vancouver, really only about 20 miles from the Clackamas area though. Are people who are staying overnite thinking of going out dancing and or just continuing the party into the evening?

I am so thrilled with the amount of replies os far. I can't wait to meet my fellow "Mexican" bandsters. It so neat we are all at different stages of this journey as well.

Cheers for now and keep those ideas coming!!

I LOVE TO DANCE, I know what your saying about the teenie bopper thing, I am up for anything, just don't want to drink and drive, but they

do have cabs. My family dosen't know I was banded, (I still hide my tattoos from my mom and I'm 47) so I am going to make up some story about meeting

all my new pen pals. So I can book a room where ever. I really want to go to clackamas to Stormys sisters place, and who knows, we might run into

Tayna Harding lol!!! Then we can carpool or cab it to a night club and shake what are mammas gave us!! BANDSTERS GONE WILD, I can see the headlines now!

This will work out good, we do lunch and those that want to party on do, I meet my first husband at the FLOWER DRUM, In Gresham, they used to

call it the chinese cowboy. Anyone remember that place?? 1979!! I know I am old.. but I can still shake it.

I am so excited about this, (you can tell I don't get out much)

wow i am rambling.. so you pick the place and I will be there to dance the night away.

too funny, is the bar still there???

the songs where so funny :lol: My claim to fame is breaking out with the chicken dance at a moments notice, carry the music with me at all times.

UNFORTUNATELY THEY CLOSED THE BAR ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO. NOW THEY JUST PERFORM ON CRUISES AND WHEN WERE OUT AND ABOUT AND TAKE THE PLACE OVER IF A PIANO IS HANDY LOL GRANDMA'S NOT DOING TO BAD FOR 84 ;)

Guest CaraMBA09
I LOVE TO DANCE, I know what your saying about the teenie bopper thing, I am up for anything, just don't want to drink and drive, but they

do have cabs. My family dosen't know I was banded, (I still hide my tattoos from my mom and I'm 47) so I am going to make up some story about meeting

all my new pen pals. So I can book a room where ever. I really want to go to clackamas to Stormys sisters place, and who knows, we might run into

Tayna Harding lol!!! Then we can carpool or cab it to a night club and shake what are mammas gave us!! BANDSTERS GONE WILD, I can see the headlines now!

This will work out good, we do lunch and those that want to party on do, I meet my first husband at the FLOWER DRUM, In Gresham, they used to

call it the chinese cowboy. Anyone remember that place?? 1979!! I know I am old.. but I can still shake it.

I am so excited about this, (you can tell I don't get out much)

wow i am rambling.. so you pick the place and I will be there to dance the night away.

LOL

no DUI's

so if we go to Stormys sisters, we need to be smart about this.

I am all for whooping it up and going dancing, especially since a few of us are hoteling it.

C

They do Karoke at the bar next to her restraurant. Ok who here is going to sing? HA! I dare ya. I am not sure they do it Saturday nights but I hear it is a real hoot. I'll check around for dancing. Most the dancing places are spread out. I will check around. What type of music.. Are you guys liking that cowboy stuff HA HA HA HA!!

Good golly miss molly! The girls are coming out!! LOL Ok... sooo If you are looking for a place to dance that's keeping with the "dive" part... there is a place on SE 122nd called The refectory. It's not classy and there is always some hoochieness goin on. The DJ is crackin and plays mostly top 40 dancing music... hip/hop.. top 40 etc... the dance floor is pretty big, there are multiple bars and always interesting people to talk to. Good mix of people young and old (like me) I usually hit this place 2x a year to get my fix.

If you want to go downtown it is mostly "young" bars/clubs..... baracuda, mcfaddens, etc.... definitely catering to the younger crowd.

If you've heard of a place to go out in PDX i've probably been there so be sure to ask! LOL

The refectory sounds perfect, Is that off division? It's been awhile since I lived in Portland. And along time since I went to any

clubs there. FUN FUN FUN, COUNT ME IN :P

I am going to try to arrange for someone to watch the kids and then I will try to get down there too. I would love to have some company on the drive and can pick up whoever wants to come on my way through Tacoma. I really am having a tough time of things lately and would love some talk buddies.

Guest CaraMBA09
I am going to try to arrange for someone to watch the kids and then I will try to get down there too. I would love to have some company on the drive and can pick up whoever wants to come on my way through Tacoma. I really am having a tough time of things lately and would love some talk buddies.

you can get over the narrows, leave your car at my house and hop in Lisal's Audi...Queenie...YOU goin'??

i am going to catch a ride with Lisal

dang hoochie-mammas, I am entering 90's karaoke hell....I vote for the Refectory...lets shake some ass (or what is left of it) :o

You are too funny. Whomever does your fill probably won't even know about it. It was Dr. Acosta who did mine. Even the front desk folks are probably clueless!!!

Hi Julie,

Dr. Acosta did do my fill and I did mention what happened to you. He was quite surprised that no one got back to you...asked if it happened on a Sunday but did say your call should have been forwarded to a Dr. I let him know that no one ever got back to you and he seemed to know nothing about it.

He added .6 cc today, bringing me to 2.60 in a 4cc band. Hopefully, this is it. 1-2 fills in a lifetime right???

Anyway, glad everything worked out in the end.

See ya in Clackamas!!

you can get over the narrows, leave your car at my house and hop in Lisal's Audi...Queenie...YOU goin'??

i am going to catch a ride with Lisal

dang hoochie-mammas, I am entering 90's karaoke hell....I vote for the Refectory...lets shake some ass (or what is left of it) :o

HELL YA LOL, I'M NOT MISSING THIS NOW

STILL NOT SURE THOUGH IF I'M MAKING A WEEKEND OUT OF IT OR A DAY TRIP

DONNA?

Oh come on girls, we can't go out shaken our booties if you don't stay the night!!!!! we can all cram in my room, or pass out, Just bring a sleeping bag.

Guest CaraMBA09
Oh come on girls, we can't go out shaken our booties if you don't stay the night!!!!! we can all cram in my room, or pass out, Just bring a sleeping bag.

I found IT!!! Being the good investigative wench that I am...hee, hee

Refectory has their own Myspace.com page:

http://www.myspace.com/refectory

The Refectory is located in NE Portland, Oregon

near the intersection of 122nd Ave. & SE Halsey st.

1618 SE 122nd Ave

Portland, OR 97233

(503) 255-8545

SATURDAY NIGHT DANCE PARTY W/ DJ OSO FRESH OF Z100

So refectory looks like it is 15-25 minutes north of Clackamas...maybe we should get a hotel closer to the club since that is where we will end up at night.

There is a Holiday Inn Express about two miles from the club:

Holiday Inn Express

PORTLAND I-205 (STARK ST.)

9707 S.E. STARK STREET

PORTLAND, OR 97216 UNITED STATES (503) 252-7400‎

There is also a Unicorn Inn (yes, I am serious!) and a Best Value Inn that speaks of the "groovy" exterior, closeby....LOL

YoYo, where were you going to stay?