Portland area get together

Dont stay at UNICORN- Drug alley- trust me, you dont want to stay there!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about the Holiday express on stark. It would be close to both our locations since it is right off the 205. I'm just waiting for a call back

from my brother, to make sure that it's an ok place. Now as far a the Unicorn, being the hot babes we are, we could earn some extra money :rolleyes: Just kidding. LOL

I will let you know when I book for sure, It will have 2 double beds. so whoever wants to stay can. we can always get a roll away as well.

have a good day everyone.

The Holiday Inn is a good option. I 2nd Stormy's opinion of the "unicorn" .. LOL... uh... NO! although I could use some extra cash in my pocket since my clothes are getting soooo big on me! hahahah.

I'm guessing we will have lunch around 1 then meet up later & go to The refectory. I can pick up whomever from wherever and get them to the club. If I drink I will either cab it home or better yet I can make my BF bring us and pick us up. I'll get back to you on that one.. LOL.. but at the very least I can get you TO the place. :) I can fit 4 (besides me) in my car and if you're all staying close by I can make multiple trips.

Looking forward to it! Now I'm thinking.. WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR?!?!?!

I'm so excited all of you are coming and especially the ones who are driving a fair distance for this and then staying over...

:party: :party: :party: :party: This will be us for sure!!!

Now the big question for me is also what am I going to wear??? Oh man good thing we have time to figure it out. But in 4 weeks if I really try I could be down another size....hhhhhuummmmm last minute shopping I guess!!

I told my husband this AM about our lunch that has now turned out to a full blown night of partying....I will ask him if he could drive anyone of us and then pick us up to safely return us to wherever we need to go. We are all about NO drinking and driving. so I am sure he will.

Guest CaraMBA09
I'm so excited all of you are coming and especially the ones who are driving a fair distance for this and then staying over...

:party: :party: :party: :party: This will be us for sure!!!

Now the big question for me is also what am I going to wear??? Oh man good thing we have time to figure it out. But in 4 weeks if I really try I could be down another size....hhhhhuummmmm last minute shopping I guess!!

I told my husband this AM about our lunch that has now turned out to a full blown night of partying....I will ask him if he could drive anyone of us and then pick us up to safely return us to wherever we need to go. We are all about NO drinking and driving. so I am sure he will.

Just a thought

For those of us driving south, this is a 3.5-4 hour drive. Since we plan on making this a get-together and dancing. Has anyone considered backing up the time of actually having a meal together?

Say like, 4 or 5 pm?...

Meeting at 1:00 in the afternoon and then going back out dancing at 9 pm seems like a hell of a long day for those of us who are traveling to get there!

Julie? Stormy? Portland gals?

:angry:I am so bummed! I am a party girl, especially after that first 100 pounds! I love, love, love to go and shake my money maker, but will be in-flight to visit my husband in Scotland.

If the date ends up changing to anytime sooner (unlikely, I know), could someone PLEASE send me a email or PM?? Hope everyone has a GREAT time! Be SAFE and take LOTS of pictures!!!!

Amber

For some of us, like me I wont be able to go out dancing with you. So lunch worked better for me. My sisters place is open later but are you guys talking about changing places, cause I need to let her know. She is planning on bringing in another cook just for us. It's ok if you want to change, I just need to let her know in advance.

Location is the same for lunch, Cara was just thinking maybe a little later, either a late lunch or early dinner.

just to give us more time to get there and not so much time in between lunch and going out dancing. So we just need to

decide if the time stays at 1 or change it to 4. which ever time allows more people to attend is fine with me.

I say lets keep it at 1 so stormy can join us!!

Let's do a poll. I don't have time to set it up now, if some one else wants to please feel free otherwise I will do it tonight or tomorrow on my day off. I will include the original time 1pm and then 4pm and maybe 5pm.

Stormy, would it be ok however if we do change the time to 4 or 5 with your sisters business. Yes for sure we will still come there. And also Stormy are you saying you can't make it to a 4 or 5 pm get together? Or are you just saying you can't/won't be able to go out dancing later.

I want to be sure you can attend our "food" time for sure since you have so generously helped to plan the spot.

so anyway I'll get a poll up and if you vote please be absolutely sure you are going to attend so it will benefit those who are for sure coming. I will keep the poll open a week or two to give plenty of time for folks to decide. I think 2 weeks before though should be the deadline which is the 25th of October. we can then also have a head count for Kim's sister to know fairly closely how many are coming so she can also have time to prepare.

Look for the poll tomorrow unless someone else wants to put it up before I get time tomorrow.

Cheers to all!!

Guest CaraMBA09
Let's do a poll. I don't have time to set it up now, if some one else wants to please feel free otherwise I will do it tonight or tomorrow on my day off. I will include the original time 1pm and then 4pm and maybe 5pm.

Stormy, would it be ok however if we do change the time to 4 or 5 with your sisters business. Yes for sure we will still come there. And also Stormy are you saying you can't make it to a 4 or 5 pm get together? Or are you just saying you can't/won't be able to go out dancing later.

I want to be sure you can attend our "food" time for sure since you have so generously helped to plan the spot.

so anyway I'll get a poll up and if you vote please be absolutely sure you are going to attend so it will benefit those who are for sure coming. I will keep the poll open a week or two to give plenty of time for folks to decide. I think 2 weeks before though should be the deadline which is the 25th of October. we can then also have a head count for Kim's sister to know fairly closely how many are coming so she can also have time to prepare.

Look for the poll tomorrow unless someone else wants to put it up before I get time tomorrow.

Cheers to all!!

You gals keep it at 1:00

I am buying my tickets to OCC for November 6th-8th and will have to skip the get-together this time around. The rates for SW are at $225 Roundtrip if I purchase before tomorrow. You just cannot pass up that good of a deal.

Really wanting to be sure that OCC checks the band under fluoro to take away any nagging questions I have!

I also spoke with someone who just got back from OCC for her first fill. The "trouble" that has been seen on CNN is outside the city and many of the locals at OCC and Lucerna said there was nothing to worry about. I am going for it.

Have fun and I will look for pics!

Ok no turning back for me, I just booked amtrak from bellingham to portland, It was only 60 bucks round trip, cheaper than driving :D and I was able to

get a rental car for $9 a day, ok 12 with tax so for less than $120.00 I don't have to drive. I hate driving through Seattle, beautiful city but way to much

traffic. So please lets keep the date the same. again time is no problem because I'm coming in on thursday and staying until monday. Looking foward to

meeting everyone. (cara we will have to meet in seattle sometime or you can come up north and we can meet in the middle)

everyone have a good day.

I posted the poll today for the meal time and an RSVP.

Somehow it ended up in the technical help section, but it should come up under the "view recent posts" tab. Not sure how it got in that section though.

Now's the time to voice your opinion. Also I thought a general head count for the restaurant would be nice.

Start voting today!!

Pammie,

Haven't been on here for a while and sort of forgot about the get-together in Portland, still wanting to go though. I will most likely just drive myself down there though as I am not a party girl and don't do dance clubs, but your show sounds like something that I would find fascinating! I have been really down and depressed lately--my life is too hectic and the kids are bothering me a lot. I could use a re-charge. I think my pouch is expanded....depressed = overeating. I am the queen of PB-ing and have not lost anything for months. I am so down on myself lately that I haven't been on the forum except about once a week. Not gaining, just staying the same. Haven't been to the pool in months and I know I need it but just can't get there on my own. I usually get glum this time of year and am hoping to snap out of it soon. Still have to check into someone to watch the foster kids that weekend, will work on that on Tuesday.

Donna

Pammie,

Haven't been on here for a while and sort of forgot about the get-together in Portland, still wanting to go though. I will most likely just drive myself down there though as I am not a party girl and don't do dance clubs, but your show sounds like something that I would find fascinating! I have been really down and depressed lately--my life is too hectic and the kids are bothering me a lot. I could use a re-charge. I think my pouch is expanded....depressed = overeating. I am the queen of PB-ing and have not lost anything for months. I am so down on myself lately that I haven't been on the forum except about once a week. Not gaining, just staying the same. Haven't been to the pool in months and I know I need it but just can't get there on my own. I usually get glum this time of year and am hoping to snap out of it soon. Still have to check into someone to watch the foster kids that weekend, will work on that on Tuesday.

Donna

Guest CaraMBA09
Pammie,

Donna

Have you thought about getting a fill under fluoro? that way you get everything checked out (put your mind at ease) and get a decent fill?

I know what you mean about depressing...this time of year is awful. We start to feel like we will not see sunshine until May.

big hug...you should head down there on that Saturday for the portland get-together, it will be good for you!

><'

Thanks Cara, I am planning on coming down there as I need a good kick in the pants!!! I am going to be down in San Diego to catch a cruise in December and am planning an extra day after the cruise to go to OCC for a "tune up" flouro. I think it is all the stress that I have been under with my foster kids! I am very affected by stress and when I was in Vegas for 2 days a few weeks ago I felt great, wasn't hungry and ate very little. I am truly thinking about not doing foster care anymore and looking for a different job which will be difficult at my age and being out of the work force for so many years now. I just got done disinfecting the bathroom as one of the kids threw something in the toilet and there was about 3 inches of poop water in there! Is is worth it????? Between court hearings, school suspensions, family visits and phone calls and dealing with the attitudes of damaged children, I don't know if I can deal with it anymore! Never a dull moment!

Guest CaraMBA09
Thanks Cara, I am planning on coming down there as I need a good kick in the pants!!! I am going to be down in San Diego to catch a cruise in December and am planning an extra day after the cruise to go to OCC for a "tune up" flouro. I think it is all the stress that I have been under with my foster kids! I am very affected by stress and when I was in Vegas for 2 days a few weeks ago I felt great, wasn't hungry and ate very little. I am truly thinking about not doing foster care anymore and looking for a different job which will be difficult at my age and being out of the work force for so many years now. I just got done disinfecting the bathroom as one of the kids threw something in the toilet and there was about 3 inches of poop water in there! Is is worth it????? Between court hearings, school suspensions, family visits and phone calls and dealing with the attitudes of damaged children, I don't know if I can deal with it anymore! Never a dull moment!

I have heard it is either incredibly rewarding or not worth its weight at all. I knew someone who did it for the money and that just pissed me off!

I can only imagine how truly stressful it is, definately not my cup of tea...but you are an angel for taking on the challenges. The only thing is that if it is truly giving you this much stress, I wouldn't do it!

NOTHING is worth your health, even this. Good luck and have fun in Portland.

Why wait until December to get a decent fluoro and fill?

the fill center usa is in auburn, after I get my first fill on November 7th, that is where I plan on taking up residence.

Cara,

I am looking forward to talking with everyone. I have to say that I have been doing foster care for many years (around 20) and I do love what I do and at times it is very rewarding, but right now I have some very difficult kiddos that are really challenging me and I am hoping for a breakthrough at some point and it will become easier. I truly don't know how people do this for the money, don't get paid enough for what we go through. I am called a B**** every day and have so much damage to my home from these kids to ever recover from. I have been spit on, hit, had things thrown at me and call the police to the house almost weekly, but I have to say that the sucesses are what keeps me going.

I really want to do my flouro in Mexico as I like them there. I can wait....

I know things will get better.

Donna

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CaraMBA09
I'll waive at you all on my "blink and she's gone" trip Thursday. Taking an auditor to an office he wants to visit. I'll be back solo next year.

I am bringing this to the forefront!

Pammie, are you still doing the enchanted ladies tour? ...LOL I want to go too!

Lisal are you still driving down? If so, when do you plan on coming back on Sunday? The traffic northbound is such a nightmare from noon to evening on Sundays. I have been looking into the train and was shocked at how dang cheap it is!

Let me know.

JulieBurns...how many wonderful gals do we have so far?

oodles

C

it's coming up sooonnn! yah! I can't wait to meet everyone. I am also bringing a friend, melissa, who was banded in Mexico (not dr. ortiz) and she is very excited to meet other bandsters and get some support. She also my "get me in trouble when going out partner" so we are both looking forward to dancing that evening. Let me tell you I am not a HUGE dancer.. I'm kinda shy but I WILL dance !!

Yay, looks like I have the kids all arranged, so I can plan on the Portland get-together! Any thoughts on where to stay down there--want to stay Saturday night.....anyone want to share a room? I am game, but I am sort of picky about where I stay......I don't do hell-holes! Pammie, I am interested in seeing that show with you also, so let me know if you want some company.

Donna