Arms/Wings specifically

Okay, tonight before my shower I got a glimpse of my ever sagging body...yes losing 53 lbs in less than 4 months is a huge accomplishment.

However, my body is sagging big-time!!! Arms...my wings are worse than they were 53lbs ago...I need help...can anyone suggest how to get these puppies to firm up a bit...I really don't want to have to have an arm lift.

I am prepared for a tummy tuck, maybe even a bodylift and thigh lift, but I don't want visible scars down my arms. My goal is to wear a tank top or short sleeved shirt with nice arms...so far it's not looking too good.I

Sorry to be so negative, I guess I should be happy and I should have expected this...but I think reality is sinking in...my body is not going to look pretty after losing 140 lbs.

Thanks for listening and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Okay, tonight before my shower I got a glimpse of my ever sagging body...yes losing 53 lbs in less than 4 months is a huge accomplishment.

However, my body is sagging big-time!!! Arms...my wings are worse than they were 53lbs ago...I need help...can anyone suggest how to get these puppies to firm up a bit...I really don't want to have to have an arm lift.

I am prepared for a tummy tuck, maybe even a bodylift and thigh lift, but I don't want visible scars down my arms. My goal is to wear a tank top or short sleeved shirt with nice arms...so far it's not looking too good.I

Sorry to be so negative, I guess I should be happy and I should have expected this...but I think reality is sinking in...my body is not going to look pretty after losing 140 lbs.

THE SCARS ARE PLACED UP CLOSE TO YOUR MIDDLE/BACK ARMPIT AND DOWN TO HIDE THEM AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. BELIEVE ME, LOL I'M THINKIN THIS IS A POSSIBLE NEXT FOR ME AS I'M IN THAT SAME BOAT OR WOULD THAT BE PLANE LOL

I was like you, just start working out, and it does go down, my arms look OK now as long as I don't do the queen wave, which in my life is very seldom needed. I'll post some pictures soon, I rarely wear sleeves these days and strapless dresses are my fav and honestly they look fine. (I really thought I'd have to have the surgery as well, but I was like you and hated the thought of the scar) glad I didn't because I'm fine now!

(Its not like they get stretch marks or anything like tummies, the more fat that goes out and the more you exercise the better they get)

Thanks Pammie and Lisa,

I appreciate your support...I will work out the arms as much as I can and hopefully I won't need surgery. I guess if they end up really bad, I'll get them done, but may wait until after everything else gets done first...I can always where short sleeves until then!

I was the only one in my family born with the love of overeating gene!! Ha ha ha. In saying that my brothers are both trainers and working out is on there to do list everyday. In tears one night I called my brother to ask him how can i get rid of my wings! I havent even started loosing weight but I know all ready I am scared of having big flaps.

He told me this...the skin attaches to your body by hanging on to your muscle, when you gain weight fat stores its self between the muscle and the skin, creating flabby arms or thighs etc. When you loose weight you are removing the fat but the skin then has nothing to attach to. Mainly becasue we loose weight faster than it takes for the skin to find something else to attach to. The best way to tone up and get the skin tight is to work out and build muscle, this will encourage the skin to attach to the muscle as the fat disappears. Its never to late to start to tone up, try lifting weights each day and over time as you loose more weight your skin will thin out and attach to the muscle.

Each night as I sit and watch tv I take two large cans of tomatoes and lift them up and down and all around! Free weights! I am hoping by starting now, I too wont need a arm lift when I start to loose all my weight.

I hope this helps!

Good Luck,

Jenelle

When I lost 105lbs. 10 yrs. ago, I used this exercise move from Denise Austin. It really did help my arm flab. OK, I will try to explain it...

To work out your right upper arm, bend your left knee and lean forward in a kind of lunge. You can rest your left hand on your knee. Extend your right arm to the back of your body as high as you can, keeping your fingers straight, then you just move it down about 12 inches and back up. Repeat as many times as you feel necessary. If you do this for a minute or two, you should start to feel the muscle on the back of your arm begin to burn, that should let you know that you are doing it correctly.

To work your left upper arm, you just switch knees.

To help tighten up a double-chin, open your mouth slightly and stick your tongue out as far as you can over and over.

I am about to start pilates again. They are awesome for toning and flexibility. My favorite is from Mari Windsor.

Good luck ,

Kimberly

I've also been worried about my arms, they have always been flabby even when I was much thinner. I found this lipsculpture doc in Beverly Hills- check out his before and after pics for arms (and everything else). It's very impressive.

www.dralanbittner.com

If that link doesn't work if you google liposculpture he comes up first.....

I have a toning tape that I think is great. It is Rebok Tops and bottoms. It is two 15 min workouts. One for the top- mainly arms and the other for the legs and they both include a bit of abs. It's ONLY 15min. but you can really feel it.

I also think Yoga and Pilates does amazing things for toning.

Great topic Cathy.. thanks. Thanks to all of you for the great advice. I'm going to start the lunges and lifting the arms back. I know lunges are very good for you so I can see how this would work great. Thanks for sharing!

I try to do 2 sets of 20 standing push-ups every other day while I am walking. I just use the back of a park bench or a railing. This should help with your pecs (boobs) as well.

I also try to do 2 sets of 15 dips on a park bench for the backs of my arms.

It is amazing how much lifting your own body weight will do for your muscles.

Bye Bye Wings!

Kimmy - by 15 'dips' on the park bench, you mean to face out and put your arms on the bench and bend your knees and squat down...doing this 15 times?

Thanks for you feedback.

I purchased one of those simple stretchy bands too. As I stretch out, the resistent is here and it too can help with the chess muscles.

Thanks all for the tips!

Jude =)

Jude,

By "dips" i think we are talking about the same thing, but you face your back to the seat of the bench and you put your palms on the edge and your legs straight out in front of you or you can bend your knees if you need to, keeping your back close to the edge of the bench and raise and lower your body weight with your arms only. It is meant to work the backs of your arms (triceps). The deeper you go and the closer you keep your back to the edge of the bench the more of a workout you will get.

Hope that helps.

(Its not like they get stretch marks or anything like tummies, the more fat that goes out and the more you exercise the better they get)

I managed to have stretch marks on my arms, bad ones :ph34r: - guess my "bat wings" are not going to snap back :girl_cray2: