Update on Me!!

Sorry I haven't been around here much, things have been pretty crazy...

First off I started a new job and since I previously was working from home I had a great reason to go out and buy pretty much a whole new wardrobe... Since I have been pretty much the same general size (somewhere between a snug size 8 and a loose size 10) for the last 1-2 months I decided to buy everything in a medium/size 8 that way if I do end up dropping another size I can easily have everything tailored down to fit me... Of course I am perfectly happy right now where I am but I guess with the band you never know!

I am still working with my trainer, seeing her 3 times a week for an hour each time follwed by about an hour of cardio, she would really like me to get in 90min of exercise on the 4 days that I don't see her but that's just not happening right now!! Haven't seem much movement on the scale from the workouts but I can see that my body is getting a lot more toned so I guess the muscle weight I am gaining and the fat I am losing is balancing out.

I am going through the general life transformation that LisaL is always talking about, my new confidence in my appearence is allowing me to make changes in my life that I haven't been brave enough to do prior to losing the weight! For example I have been thinking about getting Lasik for years but have never been able to justify spending that much money on myself or brave enough to go through with it... I am happy to say that I had the Lasik surgery last week and I am already seeing better that perfect (20/15 vision).

My pretty tight fill from about a month ago has loosened up some (possibly because I have lost 4-5lbs since then) and I am pretty sure I am at my sweet spot!! My daily diet has changed because of the trainer, basically my first 2 weeks of workouts I could barely make it through the first hour, forget doing anything additional afterwards! After seeing I was getting less than 40grams of carbs per day we decided to triple that number and now I have tons of energry not only during my workouts but throughout the day too!

This is the diet I have been pretty much sticking to for the past month (around 1,200-1,500 calories, 90-100grams of protein per day and 100-150 grams of carbs):

9am- An optifast shake for breakfast (yes I am one of the few that LOVE them, as long as l can add some sugar free vanilla syrup)

11am- 1/2 cup of blended brown rice (I have to pre-mix soy sauce and rice in a blender till it is paste-like in substance and eat it pretty slowly

1pm- Another optifast shake

4pm- 1/2 cup of blended brown rice (this helps up my energy before my workout) I will also usually have one of those protein shots after my workout because my trainer says it helps repair and rebuild the muscles I have just worked after the gym!

7-8pm- Whatever the family is having for dinner, steak, salmon, fast food all of course in a small portion

Again I allow myself "treats" when I feel like it, maybe a child size soda once a week or a reese's peanut butter cup at the movies, nothing that I don't burn off in the gym..

I've got to run right now, I need to update my pics so I will try to do so this week..

Love all you guys!

Thanks for the update Michelle. You are doing great and such an inspiration. I know I do not get enough protien but I am not one of those that likes the shakes so I'm not sure what to do here. I just keep on keeping on. Again, thanks for the update.

Hi Michelle, I am so thrilled for you, not only the weight loss, but the new job, new wardrobe and new found confidence.

You are a beautiful lady inside and out and always have been..now even more so!!

Best of luck with everything, you are a true inspiration.

I am going to contact that personal trainer friend of mine and get a move on and get another mini fill to tighten things up a bit too.

Take care gorgeous!!

Great job Michelle! Sounds like everything is going well for you. Your trainer sure has you working hard!! I am surprised they aren't encouraging you to have more calories. My nutrionist wasn't even happy with 1200 but oh well! I am losing so that's all that matters (and not starving either). Keep it up!!!

I've been wondering where you have been....glad to have you back! Sounds like things are going great!

Thanks everyone, you guys are so supportive!

Thanks for the update Michelle. You are doing great and such an inspiration. I know I do not get enough protien but I am not one of those that likes the shakes so I'm not sure what to do here. I just keep on keeping on. Again, thanks for the update.

I do the shakes because they are easy and I like them, I imagine that it's not a regimine that most people would want to stick to or be able to enjoy... I'm really never hungry so eating has kind of lost the "joy" I used to allow it to give me, so eating now is about fueling my body... I like those protein bullets, quick and easy but there are plenty of times when I go out for lunch, skip the shake and have a side chicken ceasar salad that way I know I'm getting little doses of protein throughout the day!

why are you putting rice in a blender? Is it that your band is tight in the early part of the day? If it is for carbs ....it seems there would be a tastier way.

My trainer says I need complex carbohydrates to keep up my energy level during my workouts, most bandsters can't eat rice, pasta or bread without getting stuck and when I tried eating the brown rice as is I couldn't chew it well enough without getting sick no matter what time of day it was. So I found that if I blend the brown rice into a paste I can get in the 1cup of brown rice per day my trainer suggests.

Great job Michelle! Sounds like everything is going well for you. Your trainer sure has you working hard!! I am surprised they aren't encouraging you to have more calories. My nutrionist wasn't even happy with 1200 but oh well! I am losing so that's all that matters (and not starving either). Keep it up!!!

Well I go between 1,200 and 1,500 calories per day, she's been great about understanding my food limitations and for now I'm losing maybe 3-4lbs a month and that is fine with her. Since the early to mid day food doesn't change (totals about 700 calories) it all depends on what I have for dinner or if it is one of my "treat" days. I think mixing it up keeps my body guessing and not depriving myself makes me less likely to binge...

Michelle you look & doing F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C =D> =D> =D>

Congrats on the new job/wardrobe/eyes LOL This is great ;)

I had the Lasik done about 3 years ago and looooove it too ...

Keep us posted and keep up the amazing job you do!

I was so glad to see an update on you, Michelle. Congrats on losing 80 lbs! That is such an amazing feat in itself! My hubby is considering having lasik surgery as well. Did you have both eyes done on the same day? What was the recovery period?

Thanks for inspiring us! You look great.

Denise

Michelle... 80 lbs.. way to go girl! How are you liking your new job? Must have been fun going out and buying a whole new wardrobe.. I too am thinking about the Laser Eye Surgery, how much time did you need for recovery? I would have to plan to miss some work I would imagine. Keep up the excellent work, you are a new hot babe!

OMG You look wonderful :D:D:D I want your body...your gorgeous face......your dressess....and your incredible thoughtful husband...

Michelle~

You look simply stunning in both dresses! You never cease to amaze me and I can say with honesty that if you never lose another pound, you are HOT! Your body has transformed so much and you look amazing. Don't you just feel so amazingly beautiful now? I can see the confidence all over your face! Go girl!!

Those dresses are adorable! But of course now you have the body to pull it off! =D>

That sounds like a fantastic birthday - good job hubby!!!!!