I need reassurance from patiens at OCC Please!

I need reassurance from patients who have been to OCC Please!

I just paid my deposit and have a surgery date scheduled for 11/5.

I’m excited and scared at the same time worried that this is legitimate :huh:

I just need confirmation that it will be a safe clean environment etc.

If anyone would be willing to explain/describe their experience in detail – it would help me so much.

Thanks!

If anyone would be willing to explain/describe their experience in detail – it would help me so much.

Thanks!

OCC is the cleanest facility I've ever been in for sure. I'm embarrassed to say cleaner than our Calgary hospitals. The care staff there do care and are attentive. I did not for one second feel unsafe the entire time I was there and I wandered around by myself. The Lucerne is no big shakes for a hotel but again, safe and clean with very nice staff. You are picked up from the airport and returned there. I would go back by myself without hesitation. Hope that helps.

Jann

I'm right there with Jann, there is nothing you need to worrie about. They are cleaner that the hospitals here in the states too. Much cleaner and even the nurses are more caring than here in the states. I LOVE THE OCC........

The OCC is impressive, I felt 100% safe and It was very clean, and very friendly staff. The Dr.'s are awesome people, you will be cared for with respect and you will enjoy your time.

I was very nervous about the surgery, but It was a cake-walk and I'd do it all over again 1 Billion times...

There are a zillion testimonials on this board. About the surgery, they're all well deserved.

I have met Diamond Jim on this board. He and I were banded the same day. Other than that, I swear that I have not met another soul on this board, but if they were banded at the OCC, their experiences are almost identical to mine. You did not just shell out $500 hard earned dollars to never be seen again. It went as downpayment to hold your spot in a very clean, safe, real location with serious professionals who are trustworthy and will do brilliant lap band placement.

You're going 20 miles away from the San Diego airport. 15 miles from downtown San Diego.

They will pick you up at the airport and depending on time of day, take you to the Lucerna (a nice hotel -- Doubletree standards) or to the clinic.

You will go to a new clinic. It's built just for bariatric surgery, lasik downstairs and some dentistry. This is good news. There are no sick people to need attention while you're in surgery or to leave infectious diseases behind. It's not Nip/Tuck impressive with all kinds of artwork, but the rooms are comfortable, up to date, clean and safe. Flat screen TVs have cable and movie channels. You'll be able to make phone calls.

I've had 2 c-sections and the OR area is cleaner and more up to date than either of the hospitals.

Dr. Ortiz is (yes, smoking hot) one of the best in the business on the planet. No fooling. So are his staff members.

They'll take care of you and shuttle your support crew back and forth from the Lucerna. You'll be in good hands the whole time.

And when you get home, you still have your support crew and you have us.

Oh for Gosh sakes,

I went down there by myself from the Toronto area, no worries, every thing is very professional! I couldn't find a bad thing to be said about the OCC before I went. You have done the right thing, stop worrying about Dr. Ortiz and the clinic and spend your energy on your pre-op and changing your life!

All the best,

KIM

The OCC is absolutely the most wonderful place ever! I came to this board scared and unsure of the entire deal before I had even decided to have the surgery. I spent at least 2 hours a day reading every post on here and learned about everything that I could. I had my surgery almost 6 weeks ago and have never looked back. I have never regretted it once and feel like this surgery was a gift from God. You are making the right decision and you will realize it's the best thing you've ever done for yourself.

Welcome to the group and feel free to ask questions and read the board as much as you can...;) :lb9:

I just got back also last sunday and I traveled alone from NY. You will never find a cleaner more up to date facility then the OCC. Not even in the US. We are not paid to say this it's just a fact. If you watch the you tube video of the OCC it looks exactly like that!!!. They are professional and take excellent care of you. I am a mother of three young children and I would never want to put my life at risk and have them lose their mother. With this said. I left for the OCC confident that I would return well. It was a week since my surgery on friday(yesterday) and I feel great. I have also written my details on Oct. 6th. Please dont second guess this decision. It is the best!!!

Thanks!

jUST HAD SURGERY YESTERDAY. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORY ABOUT THE PLACE IS CLEADN AND BETTER YET THE STAFF IS WONDERFUL. YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING.