Scale says I am not losing

So I have finished the liquid diet and had my first meal today and it was scarry to say the least. But what is more scarry is the scale is not moving. I am definately not eating anywhere near what I did, so can someone tell me how long until the scale moves again? I am at the weight I was at surgery. I know I have lost inches but no weight. This doesnt make sense to me. Does things start to change once you start eating because now your body can use that at energy. I wonder if when you are on the liquid diet if the body goes into starvation mode and that is why I didn't lose really anything. My total weight loss from the time I starting pre-op to now is 246-230 =16 pounds. To me that is not enough. I know this is all new and today is the first day that I have eatten, so maybe I dont understand all this but I really thought that I would have lost more. My husband has lost 33 pounds. I am so jelious. He looks great. I guess I just dont understand how this works, how did you all lose so much weight, or is it going to start happening for me now?

Guest CaraMBA09
So I have finished the liquid diet and had my first meal today and it was scarry to say the least. But what is more scarry is the scale is not moving. I am definately not eating anywhere near what I did, so can someone tell me how long until the scale moves again? I am at the weight I was at surgery. I know I have lost inches but no weight. This doesnt make sense to me. Does things start to change once you start eating because now your body can use that at energy. I wonder if when you are on the liquid diet if the body goes into starvation mode and that is why I didn't lose really anything. My total weight loss from the time I starting pre-op to now is 246-230 =16 pounds. To me that is not enough. I know this is all new and today is the first day that I have eatten, so maybe I dont understand all this but I really thought that I would have lost more. My husband has lost 33 pounds. I am so jelious. He looks great. I guess I just dont understand how this works, how did you all lose so much weight, or is it going to start happening for me now?

I dont think this is going to make you feel any better, but I have lost 12 lbs since surgery THAT is it! (I am hitting week 4). The minute I started eating soups and then solids, I hit a wall in my weight loss. At first I was pissed and irritated, but then decided after reading all the forums that once that first fill is done, it will start coming off again. I am attempting to lose another 5lbs to get under 200lbs before my first fill...but I now realize I will have to work at it.

Just watch all the creamy soups!! They are extremely high in FAT...which will keep you fat and hinder your weightloss.

I dumped out the remainder of my creamy soups on Wednesday...it is time to eat healthy.

Start eating more fish and chicken. I have been eating quite a bit of fish and have noticed not only is it very low in calories...but it slips right through the band with ZERO grief involved!

Keep the faith Stormy..you will start to lose again...especially after that first fill!

Stormy and Cara, I understand your frustration and focus on the scale. Until you have your first fill...try not to focus on your numbers...eat the recommended quantity of protein, veggies, grains and fruit and you will lose...if you feel hungry have low calorie healthy snacks. Try to keep your calories under 1200 a day and portions no bigger than a computer mouse.

Before your first fill focus on NSV..lose clothing, slimmer face. Men lose faster than woman, so Stormy try not to compete with your hubby...he'll win everytime.

After your first or second fill is when the real weight loss will begin.

My numbers reflect my determination and drive to do this in one year...you can do it too!!

I just responded to the post titled "Scared" started by Iamworthit. Read it Stormy for sure. I talked about realistic weight loss and how this band works for a group of people, I don't know how many. Yes the body does go into starvation mode. The more you have dieted the worse it is. It is my opinion and this is true for me that I have not lost "good" weight until after my 2nd fill. You don't have any restriction at this point so you can eat anything you want and you must use your willpower and sensible eating to grind off the ounces. Yes I said ounces it seems. Consider any weight loss good and don't set yourself up to be disappointed when your numbers are smaller than your hubbies. That's so unrealistic because we all know the men will lose weight so much faster. All you can do is put the scale away, stick to a sensible eating plan following the recommendation of 1200 calories a day and read all the tips you can or remember the ones you already have read and try them. Protein is so important as well as regular meals. What you eat is also the key to weight loss.

:lb4:

The sad truth that is a well kept secret is that you do not lose weight quickly from the beginning with the band for a certain group of people. It takes the time to get at least 2 fills before it starts working for you. Any weight loss prior to this is a bonus.

Guest CaraMBA09
Stormy and Cara, I understand your frustration and focus on the scale. Until you have your first fill...try not to focus on your numbers...eat the recommended quantity of protein, veggies, grains and fruit and you will lose...if you feel hungry have low calorie healthy snacks. Try to keep your calories under 1200 a day and portions no bigger than a computer mouse.

Before your first fill focus on NSV..lose clothing, slimmer face. Men lose faster than woman, so Stormy try not to compete with your hubby...he'll win everytime.

After your first or second fill is when the real weight loss will begin.

My numbers reflect my determination and drive to do this in one year...you can do it too!!

love ya' babe...some of you gals know exactly what to say all the time!

thanks...BUT...it is SO hard to not want it now, now, now...LOL

love ya' babe...some of you gals know exactly what to say all the time!

thanks...BUT...it is SO hard to not want it now, now, now...LOL

You are so right Cara...I felt the same way, but then I realized that it took over 8 years to pack the weight on...it's going to take time for it to come back off...I have been doing everything right and working hard on getting some exercise in...and yet I am stalled now for two weeks...it happens and I can't stress over it or I will sabotage all of my hard work to-date. And..that's not going to happen!!

You are doing everything right...it will happen!!!

((Hugs)))

You are so right Cara...I felt the same way, but then I realized that it took over 8 years to pack the weight on...it's going to take time for it to come back off...I have been doing everything right and working hard on getting some exercise in...and yet I am stalled now for two weeks...it happens and I can't stress over it or I will sabotage all of my hard work to-date. And..that's not going to happen!!

You are doing everything right...it will happen!!!

((Hugs)))

I'm having the same problem. I've been playing with the same two pounds since my fill a couple, three weeks ago. It's frustrating but it is what it is. When the body catches up it will move eventually. Rather than obsess over the scale I'm going by how my body feels and my clothes fit. It's more rewarding.

Jann