Motivation Lacking

I got my 3rd fill on Sept. 3 and have 6.5 cc's in my 10 cc band. I had restriction for about a day and since then its like I have less restriction than before my 2nd fill. I have lost some weight (maybe like 3 or 4 lbs.) but have now been at the same weight for a couple weeks. I think I have lost a lot of my motivation and am headed towards a bad path that could end up hurting me (like stretching my band).

What do I do to get back on track...should I get another fill already? Also if anyone has quick simple meal ideas that would be really awesome!

Help me!!!!

This the tough part...but you can do this..you have come so far...wow 36 lbs, that's amazing!!!

If the fill isn't working, book another small one...it can several adjustments before it's just right and as you lose weight...additional adjustment will be needed.

You can do this...keep your eye on the prize!!

(((Hugs)))

I know how frustrating this can be for you. I have struggled off and on with the same issues. I don't really have any "magic" words of wisdom, I wish I did. Now is the time to look deep into your soul and examine why you did this in the first place. To try and regain some of that commitment and excitement you had in the beginning and the positive mindset that went along with it. No matter what, the band is there and you are well on your way to success. I have said this many times and I'll say it again...We are not taught and prepared for how long it will actually take AFTER we get the band to get enough fill in us to have the band really work for us. I had no idea that "restriction" would be 4 months down the line. I thought I would be losing alot faster than I have and that's discouraging. I was sure in the first 3-4 months I would have lost so much more. Somehow this is how it works for a number of us. It takes several fills to get to the "sweet spot" where we finally have good restriction. :lb4: :lb4:

My point is we are already on the road to success just because we have the band and because you have as much fill as you have. Yes you need more fill. I would book it as soon as you can.

I have one recipe that's so easy and can make several meals so here it is...

chicken breasts, carrots, onion, green beans, few potatoes. Put all in a roasting pan or baking dish that has at least 3 or 4 inch sides on it. Pour 1 bottle of cooking sherry over it. You want it to be covered with this so try to have the cooking pan just big enough to hold the stuff. I sort of layer the ingredients...chicken on bottom, then potatoes and onions. I then put the carrots on one side and the green beans on the other and it's ready to go in the oven. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 to 30 minutes. Hope you like it!!

Besides meals you also need to find something fun you like to do that could be considered exercise. Dancing, (belly dancing is fun)! Do anything that gets you moving and motivated.

This will help both your mind and body and get you back on the right track. You get to the point were just dieting and eating less is not enough – the truth is you’re most likely going to have to add on something and you’ll be surprised how good you feel once you start!

I'm looking for pole dancing classes right now, already bought my stripper shoes! I know for sure I wouldn't be in as good a shape as am after my weight loss if I didn't add in exercise.

I know how frustrating this can be for you. I have struggled off and on with the same issues. I don't really have any "magic" words of wisdom, I wish I did. Now is the time to look deep into your soul and examine why you did this in the first place. To try and regain some of that commitment and excitement you had in the beginning and the positive mindset that went along with it. No matter what, the band is there and you are well on your way to success. I have said this many times and I'll say it again...We are not taught and prepared for how long it will actually take AFTER we get the band to get enough fill in us to have the band really work for us. I had no idea that "restriction" would be 4 months down the line. I thought I would be losing alot faster than I have and that's discouraging. I was sure in the first 3-4 months I would have lost so much more. Somehow this is how it works for a number of us. It takes several fills to get to the "sweet spot" where we finally have good restriction. :lb4: :lb4:

My point is we are already on the road to success just because we have the band and because you have as much fill as you have. Yes you need more fill. I would book it as soon as you can.

I have one recipe that's so easy and can make several meals so here it is...

chicken breasts, carrots, onion, green beans, few potatoes. Put all in a roasting pan or baking dish that has at least 3 or 4 inch sides on it. Pour 1 bottle of cooking sherry over it. You want it to be covered with this so try to have the cooking pan just big enough to hold the stuff. I sort of layer the ingredients...chicken on bottom, then potatoes and onions. I then put the carrots on one side and the green beans on the other and it's ready to go in the oven. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 to 30 minutes. Hope you like it!!

Wow Julie, that recipe sounds really good. I'm going to try that. Yum!

Jann

Besides meals you also need to find something fun you like to do that could be considered exercise. Dancing, (belly dancing is fun)! Do anything that gets you moving and motivated.

This will help both your mind and body and get you back on the right track. You get to the point were just dieting and eating less is not enough – the truth is you’re most likely going to have to add on something and you’ll be surprised how good you feel once you start!

I'm looking for pole dancing classes right now, already bought my stripper shoes! I know for sure I wouldn't be in as good a shape as am after my weight loss if I didn't add in exercise.

That's amazing Lisa...let us know how it goes...I bet your hubby is thrilled with your new found hobby!!! LOL!!

I had to mull this one over before responding. I'm a visual person for the most part and I tend to be linear in my thinking as a process oriented kinda person. What keeps me motivated is seeing the changes physically and graphically. Hubby has taken pictures of me from the day I decided to get banded 'til now. They can't be posted because they are nude (I'm just not that brave) but once a month we go through them and compare them against each other to see what the physical changes are. They are standing front, both sides and back shots. They are taken in exactly the same place from the same distance in the same lighting every time. I wish I could figure out how to superimpose them but I haven't so we just compare them side-by-side.

I just finished my Wii workout, the exercises I could do given my ankle. It's just not strong enough to go full on but when it is my Leslie Sansone collection awaits. Because I lost August and September pretty much between hospital and ankle I hadn't been on the Wii in as much time. Although I failed in my set goal because I didn't weigh in during that time I did drop in weight even given the 11 pounds I forced myself to regain after I got out of the hospital. To see that graph is motivating let me tell you! I went from a couple of BMI points from morbid obesity to obese to now overweight. Since my fill two or three weeks ago I've been fighting with the same two pounds over and over and over again. It happens. In the interim, my clothes fit better, I feel better, Wii tells me my Wii Fit age is 35 when I started at something like 78, my overall balance has improved and so has my posture. The point here is that it's not always the pounds that are the indicators of success. That's why I choose not to obsess about them.

Find what works for you and go with it! I hope that helps. I can't wait to start water aerobics next!

Jann