Realization

This forum.

It's true. I have been doing alot of thinking lately about my use of time. The time I have in the mornings before I go to work is usually spent on this computer and on this forum. I easily spend more than an hour or even 2 a day if I were to add it up (perhaps even more I am just in denial). I love it here. It gives me purpose and I have grown to know and love so many of you, never having even met. I feel compelled to try and reply to as many folks as I can. I want to be an encouragement and help wherever I can. I also gain so much from all the posts. It's what keeps me focused on the goal of weight loss and healthy life again.

Sadly though I have realized that this too is another addiction. I am spending far too much time sitting here while I could/should be doing other things. Like exercise especially. I have my WII FIT and it sits for days while I am here on the computer with you all. I don't have a desk job where I am able to just check in through out the day. When I am on here I am taking time away from other things that I have come to realize I NEED to be doing. I have a huge project of cleaning out my basement and I have gotten a good start on it but I need to devote more time to it if it is ever going to get done. I also have been neglecting my "quiet" time as I call it. This is my time to spend with God. This one is truly the most important one, really. I need to be in the word daily to keep my focus. I have substituted this forum for that time as well. This is going to be tough but I need to implement some time limits for myself to be on the computer, here on the forum.

So my plan is to time myself when I am on here. I need to give myself a reasonable small amount of time each day, perhaps 30-45 minutes. I need to look at the clock and keep track of how long I have been on here. I need to spend my time doing other productive things in order for some of my goals to be achieved. I am very saddened about this realization but I must implement some sort of plan. this has gotten out of control for me. It's my replacement for food in some way. I realize that. Better than booze though!!LOL!!

I love you all and will still be on here but just not as much. I really want to see how much I can get done using the time I would normally be on here. I just wanted you all to know this so if you think something may be wrong it's not. I just need to refocus for now. Thanks for understanding and being my wonderful support and friends.

Guest CaraMBA09
This forum.

It's true. I have been doing alot of thinking lately about my use of time. The time I have in the mornings before I go to work is usually spent on this computer and on this forum. I easily spend more than an hour or even 2 a day if I were to add it up (perhaps even more I am just in denial). I love it here. It gives me purpose and I have grown to know and love so many of you, never having even met. I feel compelled to try and reply to as many folks as I can. I want to be an encouragement and help wherever I can. I also gain so much from all the posts. It's what keeps me focused on the goal of weight loss and healthy life again.

Sadly though I have realized that this too is another addiction. I am spending far too much time sitting here while I could/should be doing other things. Like exercise especially. I have my WII FIT and it sits for days while I am here on the computer with you all. I don't have a desk job where I am able to just check in through out the day. When I am on here I am taking time away from other things that I have come to realize I NEED to be doing. I have a huge project of cleaning out my basement and I have gotten a good start on it but I need to devote more time to it if it is ever going to get done. I also have been neglecting my "quiet" time as I call it. This is my time to spend with God. This one is truly the most important one, really. I need to be in the word daily to keep my focus. I have substituted this forum for that time as well. This is going to be tough but I need to implement some time limits for myself to be on the computer, here on the forum.

So my plan is to time myself when I am on here. I need to give myself a reasonable small amount of time each day, perhaps 30-45 minutes. I need to look at the clock and keep track of how long I have been on here. I need to spend my time doing other productive things in order for some of my goals to be achieved. I am very saddened about this realization but I must implement some sort of plan. this has gotten out of control for me. It's my replacement for food in some way. I realize that. Better than booze though!!LOL!!

I love you all and will still be on here but just not as much. I really want to see how much I can get done using the time I would normally be on here. I just wanted you all to know this so if you think something may be wrong it's not. I just need to refocus for now. Thanks for understanding and being my wonderful support and friends.

Julie, I think quite a few of us are right there with you on that topic! I was just telling YoYo yesterday that I think it is time to slow down on blogging and get some other things done. Such as getting my bootie smaller...LOL

I will be thinking of you!

Later Gator - Cara

You are right Julie!

I am starting to do the same thing, but I do things inbetween...but don't want to start thinking, "What am I missing?". Once I get myself out of the 'newbie' stage and feel confident I can start on my own with all your suggestions to get me going, I will probably do the same as you.

Question - WHAT is a WII FIT? I've no clue what this is?

Way to go Julie - do what you have to do to be happy and safisfy!

Jude =)

Julie~

I hear ya girl! I am not quite as addicted as I used to be, but I still like to get on a few times a day and check the posts then get off.

Jude~The Wii Fit is a game you play on your Wii that is an exercise program. It is really fun and helps you get into shape. Alot of us here use it to get our exercise in.

Question - WHAT is a WII FIT? I've no clue what this is?

So I left and ran an errand and now am back just to "peek" in.

WII FIT is a separate "add on" to a nintendo. You need to have the nintendo game thing though to use it. Then you buy the "WII FIT" which is a separate thing that attaches to the nintendo. It is a whole fitness system you do while watching it guide you on the TV. You stand on this platform, about 1 1/2 foot by 2 1/2 feet. It can weigh you and then tell you all about your balance and see how well you do the activities. You hold a hand control thing and away you go. It has all sorts of fun exercise, game things. 1 to 4 people can do it at once. Some of the things are step aeorbics, hula hoop, soccer, yoga golf, and many other things that kick your butt. You have a personal trainer and it tracks how many minutes you spend on it. It so fun because on the screen you create this little character called "MII" by building body parts that you want to represent yourself, like eyes, nose, mouth, glasses, eyebrows and other fun stuff. You see this little character that represents you on the TV screen as you do the exercises. It's fitness with fun. Keeps me interested and really works me out. It has all different ability levels from beginners to advanced. As you do more of the activities it "unlocks" new ones for you to try. It costs anywhere from $80.00 to maybe $120.00. You must have the nintendo thing first though. I can't remember how much that is, but it's worth it if you think you'll do it. Hope this helps explain it. they can be hard to find as they are so popular. Your grandson will know what it is also. This could be something you could do with him too!!

I think balance is the answer. I believe it's important to post and to read posts here in this forum and in others and that shouldn't be negated. I learn something when I come in here and in other forums that I might have missed otherwise. Sharing is key. It's interesting to see how different people strategize their WL plans and programs. It's good to see different perspectives and even to disagree or agree depending. It's thought provoking.

This particular forum has a kinship in that the bulk of people here have been done by the OCC. I love to see how people have come along since their banding and how it has affected different aspects of their lives. I love to see the newbies starting on their journeys. I love the before, during and afters. It's all about having a sense of community specific to the choice that we made to be banded. I know that being in the forums helps reinforce my accountability.

I work at my desk all day and all night but I do get an hour first thing in the morning typically to do some exercise whether it's treadmill, Wii Fit, Biggest Loser vid, etc. I do stretching exercises at my desk when I'm working. On the rare times that I watch TV I now keep some five pound weights under the sofa and do some arm work while whatever program I've PVR'd is on.

The forums serve a definite purpose in my humble opinion in this journey. They cultivate friendships, comraderie, information sharing, support, and education. Like exercise, it just requires setting aside a block of time to allow for the indulgence.

Jann

Now if I could just learn to smile when there's a camera pointed in my general direction! Cameras just shut me down, sheesh.

You hit the nail right on the head Julie...I sit on the computer for hours after dinner when I should be exercising on my WiiFit or taking a walk.

I made a promise to LisaL yesterday that starting today I would exercise for 30 minutes per day, so my goal is 7 p.m. every evening to get off the computer and let the kids have it and go downstairs to my little home gym and work out.

So if you see me posting anytime after 7 pm...which shows at about 7:45 to 8 p.m. on this forum (due to time change)...kick my butt off and tell me to get downstairs!!! Deal??!!!

I agree with Jann wholeheartedly. It's important to follow thru your weight loss but to do it smartly. By reading the posts and getting suggestions from others, helps you mold your own weight loss program. Yes, the key is sharing and yes, we do have a kinship on this website. We welcome all and support one another. If you find yourself coming on to this forum more often than you should...take a stand back and find out why you are doing this? Is it because you need the advice of your current issue? Is it because you need to simply talk to another person who understand what you are going through? There are a number of things as to why we are here. But don't lose the concept of what you need to do to reach your weight goal.

I come on this forum everyday...but then I also committed my time for being with family, friends, exercising, work, etc. So don't punish yourself for coming on the forum too often. Know what is priority to you and if you need to come to the forum...so be it! Jann said it good, it's the balance of our everyday life between our regular life and lapband life!

See you around!

Jude =)

Julie are you still going to help plan the get together? I dont see people doing the poll, or has that changed? What exactly is the plan with this. Dont bail out now, we need you. I understand your need for balance, trust me but I would hate to not see you on here or to be able to keep in touch. Will you be checking in daily?

Julie are you still going to help plan the get together? I dont see people doing the poll, or has that changed? What exactly is the plan with this. Dont bail out now, we need you. I understand your need for balance, trust me but I would hate to not see you on here or to be able to keep in touch. Will you be checking in daily?

No worries my dear Kim, I am still in!!

I would never not be able to check in at least once a day here, it's my daily dose of "medicine" to help the band.

As far as the get together everything is still planned and will happen as discussed before. I am just waiting until about 1 week before to actually give folks time to do the poll. People may be waiting until it gets closer to make sure they can attend. No problems. All we really have to decide on is the time to start which so far 1:00 is the winner. We can make that the "unofficial" start time until 1 week before and then make the official time. I bet it will be 1:00 though as that is by far the winner so far. Anyway you and I can talk on the phone if you'd like about it anytime. Just give me a buzz or I'll try you as it's get to be a week or two before. Or just call me anyway!!!

Thanks to all who responded to this. I feel more "balanced" today.