Exercise Videos

I've just ordered the Jillian Michaels' library from Amazon and it got me thinking about exercise videos. What is everybody out there using, contemplating, ordering, etc.? How would you rate it? What kind of results are you getting?

For me, I'll start with the beginner http://www.amazon.ca/Jillian-Michaels-Comp...0389&sr=8-8 and work my way up through the library http://www.amazon.ca/Jillian-Michaels-Comp...0389&sr=8-2 and hopefully become strong enough to do the 30 Day Shred http://www.collagevideo.com/item.aspx?item=7963 which is getting screaming reviews on other forums.

Jann

Oh my favorite subject! LOL

Here's a few videos I like to interchange:

Turbo Jam

10 Minute Trainer

Slim in 6

Tae Bo - Bootcamp

Although I know I can't do the full exercise program until after 3 months, I just don't do the abs part and just do the legs and arms. I need to do some other kind of exercises besides walking! I don't like to walk because it's boring to me...so I am going to ask for a walkman to help me with this. I don't have a walking buddy, so that is out.

OK...exercise away! HOO RAH!!

Jude =)

Oh my favorite subject! LOL

Here's a few videos I like to interchange:

Turbo Jam

10 Minute Trainer

Slim in 6

Tae Bo - Bootcamp

Although I know I can't do the full exercise program until after 3 months, I just don't do the abs part and just do the legs and arms. I need to do some other kind of exercises besides walking! I don't like to walk because it's boring to me...so I am going to ask for a walkman to help me with this. I don't have a walking buddy, so that is out.

OK...exercise away! HOO RAH!!

Jude =)

I have Slim in Six but truthfully I've never used it nor have I looked at it since I bought it like a year or two ago. I think I need to work up to it before I can start it at this point.

What's 10 Minute Trainer like? I've seen the infomercial for it and I am compelled to order it but I'd prefer to hear from somebody who is actually using it first. I have a friend that just bought P90 and it's crazy insane! I don't think it's for me at the moment!

I think I have all of the Leslie Sansone Walk Videos now and I have to say I do enjoy them. She talks WAY too much but I just tune her out. hehe.

Jann

My favorite now is Turbo Jam, mon. wed. and fridays I do the cardio party, i alternate between mix 1 and 2, I do not like or reccomend mix 3. (the dance moves are to hard)

on tues. and thursday I have been doing the 20 minute cardio and turbo sculpt. So far so good but still to early for results this time.

Last time I did it 2 years ago the results were great. I just quit doing it and started eating again and gained back everything I had lost.

The turbo jam program (DVD) also comes with stand up ab work out that I like.

My all time favorite work out is from the 80's called freedanse, I still to it once in awhile, I still have it in beta (HA HA)

I would reccomend renting them first or buying them on ebay.

is way to fast and hard on your body...no way for right now! HA!

The 10Min Trainer is just that...you do certain exercises for 10 minutes and that's it...I like it because it focus on what I want to do...whether it's the legs, or just the arms, or whatever.

I agree with rentin the videos and see what you would like. Not all videos are for everyone...you have to pick the one the suits you. I have a few ofr Richard Simmons dance videos and they are simple and easy to follow. The dance DVD on Turbo Jam is too hard for me to follow right now...but I know I can follow thru once the weight is off and I would have more movement and flexibility.

Jude =)

The Biggest Loser DVD's are great! The trainers from the show walk you through each step and they are wonderful for beginners. My favorite is the Cardio one.

He is cheesy as all getup, but I have a Richard Simmons video that I love. It has toning bands with it and when you are doing it it's not too bad, but the next day you feel like you are gonna die. I literally almost fell out of bed when I tried to step on my legs! I really like his as well as Billy's Boot Camp when I am in a little better shape to keep up with it.

I used to have an old Club MtV video on VHS that I loved but it finally died, so if any of you have any that you like that are a lot of dancing let me know - i'm taking notes!

BTW i'm headed off to a conference until Sunday so I won't be on here. I'm on pre-op which is going to be very hard, but i'll do my best. Taking a cooler of shakes and then i'll do salad or grilled chicken and make good choices when I can for dinner. Two dinners they feed us so i'm at their mercy so not sure what I will do there. I come back and 3 days later head to OCC!!!! AAhhhhh!!!! :o

Have a great rest of the week!!!!

Shelby